What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds get better and stronger year after year better hybrids

jrelax

I think you fell into the hype. Or let the commercialized aspect of this versatile plant guide your learning experience up until now.

Im my opinion the best reason to seek ultra high thc is the commercial aspect. Choosing these varietys makes sense if you have limited funds to buy herb. The high thc seems to offer the most bang for the buck. But usually lacks character and complexity.

If you are are grower you have thousands of choices. And most growers here will quickly tell you how total thc is a very small indicator of quality.

Also. As you explore this site. Pay careful attention. You will notice growers with many different ideas. But you will also notice some growers always make choices to better yield. And some will always choose to grow for quality. Read what both have to say. Many times they agree. Others are like night and day.

Thanks, nice info
i will read alot here and see what both says, maybe try something i found intresting :)

I have now also second room, the first is 3x3 meter
the new i clean and make nice is 4x4meters
i can use both rooms for grow medical and try out lots stuff.
Next year lots things will happen for me i know :)

i have also made a 2019 seeds buy list already. there is about 15 different strains, and about 5 different breeders
there is two ACE seeds sativas already in that list
Now i will put one more in that. that list
Zamaldelica if i find it feminized
otherwise i do it year 2020 regular.

I like try everything
Old stuff
New stuff.

I also need variation. I daily smoke at least three different strains, sometimes even 4-5

you cant smoke just one strain, right? this is not cool after couple days your body accept it to easy, variation is important too right?

i will check that youtube link tomorrow also

peace brothers and sisters

djonkoman

Veteran
so, for a moment assuming thc% is really the only thing that matters:

how do those numbers get there? who paid for the labtest, and do they have a motivation to pressure the lab to make it come out high? results in labwork like that could be dependent on which exact protocol you use, you can compare results from the same lab/protocol, but between labs there may be subtle differences in method or calibration of a machine that could cause differences. and ofcourse a less honest salesman could always just put up some random numbers and say they got it from a lab, if they don't say which lab no way to check their honesty.

here in the netherlands we have an institute that periodically monitors thc% in coffeeshops, ordered by the government. they publish full reports including method etc, unfortunatly it's in dutch. here's a report from 2016: https://www.trimbos.nl/themas/monitoring-markten-incidenten-drugs/monitoring-thc-gehalte

under 'discussion', there's some interesting long term trends. apparently before 2004 average thc% did increase(however monitoring only started in 2000), but since 2004 there is a slight downward trend.

still the media usually takes some sentence from that report whe it comes out and pulls it way out of context to say that the % is increasing each year and it's a very dangerous harddrug now, not innocent like the older people remember from their time in the 70's when they last smoked it. but then you read the actual report, and it turns out the news-article was complete bullshit.

so now back to why I think thc% isn't that important:
even with alcohol, where it's just one psychoactive compound, still way more people drink beer or wine than wodka. even many people who drink liquor drink it only mixed to a lower% with soda.
it's about the complete product, not just how strong it is. better a good quality beer than shitty wodka.

THC123

Veteran
Presuming entourage effect is real and the scents affect the quality of the high, would for example, scenting marijuana with something like lemon zest add a quantifiable change to a product without lemonine or however it's spelled? If not why not?

Hi, adding scenting marijuana with terpenes won't have the same effect. The reason is that the terpenes are located in the trichome head in the resin together with the cannabinoids thus creating the synergistic effect.

The reason why different terpenes modulate the high or stone you get is that every terpene follows a different neurological pathway in the brain. That is why with lots of mercyne you wil get a heavy sedative effect while with lemonene you will get more of a stimlating high. They stimulate different receptors, some connect to the cb1 receptors, some to the cb2 receptors.

Adding terpenes to oil is another story and that works to modulate the effects because it is mixed with the resin.

The entourage effect is very real: haven't you noticed that the better and stronger it smells, the stronger it is? And that the same weed, if not handled correctly with weak smells won't give the same effect?

It is also the reason why my 12%thc white jones sample was much stronger than the amnesia with 21%. The amnesia was lemonene dominant and the white jones myrcene dominant.

@Jrelax: you have a LOT to learn.....sigh...THC is not the most important factor, it is the whole package that matters an terpenes are just as important because they literally modulate the effect you are going to get. That is also why drying, curing and storage is crucial and just as important as the cultivation process if not more important.

unnamedmike

Hi, Jrelax listening at your words, i believe you are a new cultivator. Have you tried strains like ak-47, SAGE or warlock? they are only an example of "old" varieties with more than 20%thc and i really dont like & no mother kept for the incredible and bestial high. I like to fly high, but the amount of THC is just one of the characteristics to measure in a good cannabis.

jrelax

Hi, Jrelax listening at your words, i believe you are a new cultivator. Have you tried strains like ak-47, SAGE or warlock? they are only an example of "old" varieties with more than 20%thc and i really dont like & no mother kept for the incredible and bestial high. I like to fly high, but the amount of THC is just one of the characteristics to measure in a good cannabis.

Hello

Yes i am pretty new cultivor :)
about 3years only.
There is lots , lots to learn still :)

I have try AK47 that was not good breeder i think, and this was almost in the beginning, i did not have the skills at all
I also try couple hybrids with AK47.

-
Today im a lot better grover.

I will try the Serious Seeds AK47, this is the original right?
im not sure now, i want try the original
This is multible cannacup winner, and yes it contains lots of THC i know. One of the most popular seeds ever. Loved by many i read.

The Warlock i dont have try, not the Sage either.
Is Sage TH seeds or was it maybe something else

The Warlock and Sage, are they awaible feminized?
If yes, what is the best breeders for these two?
I can then check if my shop sell them.

There is also Apollo13 strain ? this is only awaible as Regular i think. I read this is good strain.

MK ULTRA is old, lots of THC too, this is MH.SEEDS orignal,
also Resin Seeds got that.
Have you try that MK ULTRA ? is that nice? Worth try also
maybe ?

Pleace name more old good stuff.
I can buy them before they maybe ends.
They sure be good after 1-2 years in cold dark place i think.

I will buy lots seeds , different next year,
i have a small refigirator to this ready extra.
Only for seeds
what is ideal temprature for seeds ?
4-6 celcius plus maybe?

i will buy alot seeds next year because
my friend moves year after that far away
This guy is my guard,
some times police track seedorders in my country.,
then police come there 3months after, well this not happening me, so its good have other adress than the grow ,in my country its important.

this guy dont tell who he give seeds, he says i give them to birds outside when police ask LOL

i really need buy lots of seeds before he moves.

after he moves we do this max 1-2 times year, distance will be long

now we do it every month. order seeds to his place that i need

he helps me order seeds to his place in his name, so i go safe.,
and he stays quite, good guy, hard to find them today

unnamedmike

Hi Jrelax
Im sorry but dutch seedbank lost his moms after raids some years ago, i dont think they still got his original mothers.
Its not only thc, the final high depends on terpenes and cannabinoids %, what I try to say is that only lots of thc is a bit unpleasant, but with a good profile of terpenes, cannabinoids everything changes.