What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A lil taste of pakistan

ngakpa

Veteran
still, I think the best habit is to reserve passing judgement, especially if you're in Asia where if you end up losing your temper it's pretty unlikely to help your cause... very unlikely in the regions I have been to

it's worth remembering that if police and civil servants in most of Asia were paid a better wage, the problem of them extracting bribes from citizens and travelers would be far less widespread...

it is no fun to be a victim of institutionalised theft, but if you were to see what most cops across Asia get per month, even by regional standards, I bet it would put the whole thing in perspective...

personally I just never travel with ganja on me in places or quantities where it might be an issue, or with people who are carrying - no matter what - as I can't be bothered with the stress and worry... and I just can't afford to pay bribes

if you find you have a pile of unsmoked ganja the day before you leave a place/area/country the best thing if you ask me is to make someone's day by leaving them with an unexpected gift, rather than have to pay through the nose to a cop, or face jail... I've haven't been to Pakistan -yet-, but something tells me you wouldn't be stuck for willing beneficiaries, looking at how people smoke round there, if you had a block of hash looking for a home

Last edited:

Danksta

Beautiful Thread. :) I hope to one day visit Pakistan. How much would it cost to stay there for a month (smoke, food, accomodation)... nothing too flashy.

ngakpa said:
still, I think the best habit is to reserve passing judgement, especially if you're in Asia where if you end up losing your temper it's pretty unlikely to help your cause... very unlikely in the regions I have been to

it's worth remembering that if police and civil servants in most of Asia were paid a better wage, the problem of them extracting bribes from citizens and travelers would be far less widespread...

it is no fun to be a victim of institutionalised theft, but if you were to see what most cops across Asia get per month, even by regional standards, I bet it would put the whole thing in perspective...

personally I just never travel with ganja on me in places or quantities where it might be an issue, or with people who are carrying - no matter what - as I can't be bothered with the stress and worry... and I just can't afford to pay bribes

if you find you have a pile of unsmoked ganja the day before you leave a place/area/country the best thing if you ask me is to make someone's day by leaving them with an unexpected gift, rather than have to pay through the nose to a cop, or face jail... I've haven't been to Pakistan -yet-, but something tells me you wouldn't be stuck for willing beneficiaries, looking at how people smoke round there, if you had a block of hash looking for a home
I got the solution for all that..."Don't Go!"

they_burn

wooh smokaholic man !!!!

look at your pics.i cant belive such f*kin awsome varities are available here in my own country i live in lahore . ive just been buyin from the local dealers they have been givin me 25g for 300 rs and not any gud sativa i always had a feeling tht some people are smoking way better ganja then i do in rurual areas i guess the quality diminished as they transfer stuff down to urban areas like lahore to increase quantity and increase their profits after paying bribes and all tht shit they go thru, fuckin local dealers....fuck .now i know i gotta go up north and to NWFP to get the wholsale fresh benefits my exams are ending 15 june and after tht im gna go wild into the mountains smoking ganga by lake seful maluk in the moutain valleys with my gf...till august........... yeah baibey !!!! woooooo !!!! thnx for the awareness dude i was planin to get more seeds online for the vocations otherwise..

HashishinReidi

Salam alay kum Smokaholik ,ty for the trip report and all the pics , sure did make a nice read .And that hash ,talk about looking mouth watering .

smokaholik

thank u all to make this thread a good one, ionly post the pix u guys make it an enjoyable thread ,

walikum salaam hashR, i got a napkin to stop the drooling ym friend and thancx fro the props, ijust got back and have mor epic , just need to upload them

salaaam burn, i love lahore also was there about 1 week ago, was staying in punjab clubnear racecpurse park, i hope ure exams go well and lake saif ul mulook is spactacular, yes the hash i got in lahore was ok but nowher near as good as nwfp, mere bhia aap jhacke apne ankhun se dekho , boot mazza ayga

danskta, to sty in hotels room andlive flashy and smoke 1 kg of weed with drivers to drive u around and great food will cost about 600 pund wish is about 1200 dollars, to live comfortable but still smoke 1 kg it could be done on 300 pound, 600 dollars

smokaholik

dr dank, ure welcoemmy friend and i hope u get a chance tofly by the region soem time

ezzy, yes my friend, it is a rugegd and amazing place, this tiem round i visited an area called deosia pakistan which means the land of the giants as it is the highest paltuea in th world outside of tibet and OMG it waz amazing

ninja, netime me shadowy friend lol

captian my brother, i have countelss times on this route, may be 100 maybe 1000 and this was the only time it ever happened so its not common and eben then soemof theploice where saying amonsgt themselves that let them go its nothing but the greedy ones wanetd money

they_burn

smoke ma man i need your help 2 find out a couple things my email adress is ..................

please add me i will be waitin to talk to you and also specify wen you are online.

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
Not a good idea to put your email online for anyone to and everyone (bad guys too) to see. It is also agaisnt the TOu to ask for help getting a hook up, if that is what you are looking for. Just, FYI.

Last edited:
W

WeldFlash420

Awesome read, and the pics.....I can almost smell the gooey goodness.

ezzy213

hey smokaholic sounds like heaven, only things is if i come to visit i would have to employ someone like yourself make sure they dont pull the wool over my eyez. Also whats it like for a female to travel in that part the world pretty risky ???? would love to drag my gurl along.

peace
ezzy

smokaholik

kharma girl, thank u very much for for advising burn about the rules madame and i hope u enjoyed this thread

farmer john and weld, thank u my buddies and it makes it worth while when people such as ureselfs enjoy reading it

ezzra my good brother, i have been with a english lady frined of mine and also a couple of germans and they loved t everytime, they was in heaven when it came to shoopping and travveling, the people r so friendly and full of respect i highly advise it my good brother, and in fact pakistan has got such a high praise from ym russian friend wqho went over that qiute a few of my english friends r mow preparing to travel with me on my return

idk about pakistan, but while my mom was travelling through lebannon a whole village of muslims (including the women) tried to stone her to death for not wearing a veil... though that's lebannon, i get the vibe that a good part of the middle east is pretty hostile towards westernization. so, as a jew... im weary of any of those countries. though i'd greatly like to see them. as a male though, i don't think they'd be able to tell.

ngakpa

Veteran
Sufi Festival in Pakistan

Sufi Festival in Pakistan

Devotees go for a whirl at the country's biggest party
http://www.guardian.co.uk/pakistan/Story/0,,2165814,00.html

[[a taste of what it was like down south in Sindh
Goonga and Mithu Saeen - Sufi Dhol Legends from Lahore
http://youtube.com/watch?v=R_KfKCbWtIk
Pappu Saen
http://youtube.com/watch?v=odZBSavffbk
(n.b. one of these guys was deaf from birth!)]]

Declan Walsh in Sehwan Sharif
Monday September 10, 2007
The Guardian

Soaked in sweat and enraptured by the primal drumbeat, the crowd swirled, curled and yelled high praise to the heavens. Dancing women span like dervishes, whipping their hair in wide arcs. Old men huddled over a pipe, their eyeballs dewy behind a hashish haze. Fireworks fizzed and popped; families dozed on the rooftops. And in the glittering shrine at the heart of the carnival, a young man fell to his knees before a bed of candles, said his prayer and softly wept.

Prayer, party, emotion, intoxication - every year a horde of devotees descends on Sehwan Sharif, a sleepy town in southern Sindh province in Pakistan, for one of the largest Sufi festivals in the world. It is Glastonbury, Rio and Lourdes wrapped into one, a riotous three-day celebration ahead of the holy month of Ramadan, marking the death of Lal Shahbaz Qalandar, a much-loved Sufi saint, 755 years ago. Some said this year's festival, which took place last weekend, was attended by one million people, others said two. But nobody was really counting - they were too busy having fun.
Sehwan Sharif also highlighted how Pakistan's usual litany of grim headlines about Islamist militants, suicide bombers and the political crisis enveloping President Pervez Musharraf, could, for once, be banished to another universe. It showed another face of the country. It might be called Pakistan unplugged.

"This is not a time for politics. It is about peace, peace is about love, and love is everything," said Ahmed Bhutto, a follower of one of the many pirs, or holy men, who moved through the crowd.

The party did not falter for 72 hours. Traffic became so knotted that it took three hours to cross the town on the first day. A non-stop stream of buses disgorged fresh pilgrims, night and day, many clinging to the bus roofs. It brought a colourful crowd - snake-charmers and fortune-tellers, seers and fruit-sellers, pickpockets and prostitutes. A travelling circus brought Iranian trapeze artists, transvestite dancers and bicycle-riding monkeys. The crowds squeezed into the narrow alleyways surrounding the hilltop tomb of Qalandar, a saint from present-day Azerbaijan who wandered through this area in the 13th century, inspiring a remarkably resilient cult that attracts Hindus as well as Muslims.

"Qalandar is among a handful of Sufis of the 13th century who won people's hearts through a tolerant Islam. He still has much devotion among the people today," said Hamid Akhund, a former secretary of culture of the Sindh government.

Conga-lines of worshippers carrying chadors - long red cloths embroidered with Qur'anic verse - jostled through the throng to reach the shrine. But the most striking scenes were outside, at the golden gate, where women dancing to beating drums worked themselves into a frenzy. Some paused to throw themselves at the gate in prayer, others flopped to the ground in exhaustion. A wall of men stood behind them, thrusting their hands into the air with the rhythm and energy of a teenage rave-goer.

Such dancing is unusual in Sufism, but it typifies the gentle beliefs of many Pakistanis. They identify little with the grim-faced mullahs who, encouraged by military regimes, have dominated religious discourse in recent years.

"We have a lot to learn from these people," said a woman from a conservative Peshawar family, standing on a balcony overlooking the scenes. "We believe from the head, but they believe from the heart," she said.

Devotees crammed into a small side room to prostrate themselves before a local pir, Syed Baryal Shah. A burly man with a glint of mischief in his eye, Mr Shah perched magisterially on a tiger-skin rug surrounded by portraits of himself. Followers kissed the many turquoise rings on his hand; one massaged his toes. He rewarded them with sweets, soda and words of encouragement. "The people follow him with a blind love," said Mr Bhutto, his assistant.

One group brought forward an apparently disabled man to be cured. "He has shadows on his brain," explained a companion. The pir concocted a mix of oil and powder, sprinkled it on his head and banged his forehead with the flat of his palm. "Must Qalandar!" he declared, invoking the great powers of the saint.

Then he moved upstairs, where followers were offered a "secret green whisky" that would, promised one, "lead to infinity".

There was scant evidence of such tolerance in other parts of the country during the week. Bombs in Rawalpindi killed 27 people, mostly defence ministry employees; Taliban militants held 240 Pakistani soldiers hostage and beheaded two women they accused of being prostitutes.

In Sehwan Sharif, the only tragedies were born of lack of organisation and poverty. Over the three-day festival, 42 people died from heat stroke, suffocation or drowning in the nearby canal.

Last edited: