What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Himmachal -India

hom

Veteran
picture.php
Malana is a beautiful place. For years the villagers only income was from their skills with wool. Intricate scarve and jackets and whatever else ya can make with fleece. But since Malana has now been touted as the village that produces the worlds finest cream, people have been coming en masse from all over the world. The villagers no longer have to worry about wool. As you enter the village you will have women jumping off the feckin mountain just to get outta your way. Its a crazy place. Everyone just stares at you. You really do feel like an exibit at a zoo. You will see a big circle of men sitting arround smoking chillums and after being stared at some more, one will break from the group and ask what you need. The guy we met was really sound and we had a good chat about things in the hills for about an hour, during which time he produced 2 100gram pouches of cream from his jacket. He broke off about 2 grams so we could try it in a spliff. The road towards Malana has 2 police checkposts so we were told by the taxi man not to buy anything from there, so i asked for 10 grams only....When he finished laughing, he informed me that it was 100 grams or nothing. After more gentle haggling and male bonding over his premium product, he decided to crack and offered us 50 grams. The lowest amount he could sell. We took it and chanced the lift back down. He also gave me his number and said he could deliver it to Kasol for no extra charge....as long as its 100 or more. We got ready and just before we left , he offered his hand. Legend. Malana is a strange place but it felt great to be up there sharing in these peoples life,just for a day. Will go back, and will ring my friend.

hom

Veteran
Tola of cream(real cream) 2000-3000 rupees (outside Malana). Oil is even more expensive. Tried some but didnt buy. far too over priced at 4000-7000 a tola. Silly money and I didnt really like the flavour. In Malana you pay slightly less because your cuttin out the middleman. If you go in season I hear you can get a tola of cream from 800 up. Usual price 1500 a tola but you have to buy 10. I was there in april and may so was not the cream season, therefore its more expensive and elusive.

T

The Batman

cool man :) you kill me with ypur hash pics :biggrin:
thanks a lot man
sincerely

bat