What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Going to Negril again

420shooter

We're going to Negril in about a week and will be staying down in the West End close to Rick's.
We haven't ever stayed this far down so I need a few hints on getting hooked up as I can't get in touch with my normal guy. I've always had him take care of things before we arrive, but it looks like that's not an option this trip.
Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated.

ROOTWISE

Veteran
Mini-Van driver by name of Dandy, check with Catch A Falling Star to get hold of him. He picks up at the airport for them. Stay away from their other driver named Wayne...

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Nice Peter Tosh tribute concert goin on the 10th of this month...I think its on the northern part of west end goin towards round a bout. If u can't find the guy rootwise mentioned I don't think u will have a prob finding a connection elsewhere. Its pretty abundant. For a good fish meal check out a lil stand (rankle-stankle) right past bridge in the craft market. A rasta named keith aka tarrus runs the place....good vibez

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Do you guys feel safe in Negril..? Crime rates are high in other parts of the Island, not sure about West Side.....

420shooter

Nice Peter Tosh tribute concert goin on the 10th of this month...I think its on the northern part of west end goin towards round a bout. If u can't find the guy rootwise mentioned I don't think u will have a prob finding a connection elsewhere. Its pretty abundant. For a good fish meal check out a lil stand (rankle-stankle) right past bridge in the craft market. A rasta named keith aka tarrus runs the place....good vibez
I was plannin to hit Bourbon Beach for that if my old ass is up for it. Never had a prob getting hooked up, just lookin to step it up a notch since the old lady bitches if it ain't something from BOG. If the old lady happy, me happy!

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
Mini-Van driver by name of Dandy, check with Catch A Falling Star to get hold of him. He picks up at the airport for them. Stay away from their other driver named Wayne...

every mini van driver will have bags for sale. you'll do better waiting til you get to the resort. i go down to negril 1-2 times yearly. usually stay at the riu. every beach section has 2-3 dealers. its getting pretty lax down there, especially in negril.

420shooter

Do you guys feel safe in Negril..? Crime rates are high in other parts of the Island, not sure about West Side.....
The West side is good to go. Just have to be smart. I have a condo in Cancun and feel less safe wandering around late at night compared to Negril. This is my 4th trip to Negril and I gave up going to Cancun this year for my anniversary to go to Negril. Just as anywhere you can find places you shouldn't be. I feel safer in Negril than I do going into the city that is 45min from where I live.
If you ever get there take a tour of a farm, you shouldn't be disappointed.:biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts