What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

revegeta666

Tiger cubs growing up. No sign of flowering yet, though. Hopefully they will finish before spring equinox.
Bonus photo : some other trippy plants View attachment 18836289 View attachment 18836290
Hi! Do you mean the summer solstice? (june 21st). Or do you mean spring equinox of next year? If so, they will finish for sure :D If you mean june 21st, are you going to use light deprivation to force them to flower? Otherwise I really don't think they will flower correctly. In just a week or 2 they will start to notice the hours of light increasing and stop any attempt at flowering. They will most likely keep growing until mid/end of august, then flower until late october/early november. Nice San Pedros, they should start flowering soon.

Edit - or maybe you're in the southern hemisphere and I got it all wrong? lol

Ras Kali Rasta

Ah that makes sense, my bad.
Correct. Southern hemisphere. It's been interesting, seeing the variance in initiation and length of flowering for different strains. Full season CBD #1 and Kali China finished 2-3 weeks earlier than advertised (longest day of the year here is maybe 14.5h, so I guess that makes the difference). Pangi, Thai Chi and Zamaldelica Fem came in bang on time at 3rd week of May. New Caledonia germinated under flowering photoperiod initiated flowering way quicker than Zamaldelica and are still significantly ahead. Thai Chi are slower and Golden Tiger slower yet. The contrast between NC and GT is stark, considering their very similar indoor flowering periods.

Fennecfox

Golden tiger fem week 13 ish
IMG_1058.jpeg
green tea, wood and citrus terps

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Finished week 13 for this GT and I have begun the chop. She did not progress much the last 2 weeks. I sampled some already from a week 11 bud. GT is an impressive high: active, soaring, happy, great vibes.

So happy to read that ;) enjoy and please cure the harvest for at least 3 months, it gets much better after that!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Tiger cubs growing up. No sign of flowering yet, though. Hopefully they will finish before spring equinox.
Bonus photo : some other trippy plants View attachment 18836289 View attachment 18836290

Beautiful San Pedros! :D Your Golden Tiger plants from seed don't look enough sexually matured to start the flowering, hence the delay. You can start them earlier next season, so they can reach their sexual maturity during spring growth and flower later outdoors without delays.

Correct. Southern hemisphere. It's been interesting, seeing the variance in initiation and length of flowering for different strains. Full season CBD #1 and Kali China finished 2-3 weeks earlier than advertised (longest day of the year here is maybe 14.5h, so I guess that makes the difference). Pangi, Thai Chi and Zamaldelica Fem came in bang on time at 3rd week of May. New Caledonia germinated under flowering photoperiod initiated flowering way quicker than Zamaldelica and are still significantly ahead. Thai Chi are slower and Golden Tiger slower yet. The contrast between NC and GT is stark, considering their very similar indoor flowering periods.

Correct observation :yes: different genetics finishing indoors after approx the same time, can react outdoors in a very different way to the decrease of flowering photoperiod, finishing each one in a different moment. This is one of the important things to learn if a grower is serious on mastering the indoor and outdoor cultivation of a given genotype.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks also for sharing pics of your indoor Golden Tiger @Chuckeye 🥳 great sized colas, excellent development. Yours has the body of the Old Malawi Killer, but with wilder Thai influence (that can be appreciated in the pistils) than the recent ones posted by others here, hopefully i can appreciate more details during the rest of her flowering.

Chuckeye

Thanks also for sharing pics of your indoor Golden Tiger @Chuckeye 🥳 great sized colas, excellent development. Yours has the body of the Old Malawi Killer, but with wilder Thai influence (that can be appreciated in the pistils) than the recent ones posted by others here, hopefully i can appreciate more details during the rest of her flowering.
Thanks @dubi !

I was expecting fluffier buds but she is building nicely !

Day 66 Golden Tiger bud full 7 May 23.jpg

Day 66 Golden Tiger bud Crop 7 May 23.jpg

Cheers

Ras Kali Rasta

Beautiful San Pedros! :D Your Golden Tiger plants from seed don't look enough sexually matured to start the flowering, hence the delay. You can start them earlier next season, so they can reach their sexual maturity during spring growth and flower later outdoors without delays.

Correct observation :yes: different genetics finishing indoors after approx the same time, can react outdoors in a very different way to the decrease of flowering photoperiod, finishing each one in a different moment. This is one of the important things to learn if a grower is serious on mastering the indoor and outdoor cultivation of a given genotype.

Thanks, dubi. They are showing preflowers now, so they should get going soon. I know they would be more impressive for yield and bud density if grown in season, but I was just jamming some more plants in for when the others finish and there is more room. I'm thinking that they should finish in August if the cold doesn't slow down flowering too much. We got our first frost yesterday and another this morning. Lucky for the overhead protection. Daytime temps are still low to mid 20's.

Legalcdn

Chopped 2nd GT. Her yield will be less than 1st as i dusted 4 branches. Nice lemon smells.

The high is unique. It gives you a sense that time is off by 1/2 second delays. I would not drive after vaping GT.
Lots of interesting thoughts race into your brain without electric edgy high.

Super job Ace. Now, time to cure, COB, and make tinctures.

Screenshot_20230511-085029_Gallery.jpg

XLNordic

I expect a lot from the Copenhagen Kush ( both Project and S1 pheno).
They both are cannabis cup winners, are lab testet at 29% and 30% Thc and high yield in 8-9 weeks

I also look forward to The Beast, also from CphSeeds ( formerly known as Zenseeds)

Its suppose to be like Big Bud regarding yield and growth.
Just around 30% Thc instead.

And later when i can afford more seeds i plan to get Golden Tiger and Malawi from Aceseeds.

They are both pure sativas with very high Thc, so also crossing those to my Copenhagen Kush in search for the ultimate THC sativa/Indica hybrid cross.

Ive grown Aceseeds stuff before, back 12 years ago when i was growing last time

They make some great stuff and i like their preservation ideas

IMG_20230510_203213.jpg

Fennecfox

I cut most of the 2nd version tigers at 14 weeks my favourite I haven’t cut yet, the heat in my house is like 30-35c so taking a bit longer from heat stress I think the clones would be closer to 12-13. This is the Malawi leaning pheno

IMG_1349.jpeg
Overall I’m very happy with Ace i haven’t grown a pure Sativa heirloom / landrace before. I learned a lot from this it was a fun experience.

FJ2000

I’ve been doing battle with this GT in veg for over 10 weeks, she was NOT happy inside a tent. Was crowded with a bunch of other stuff in a 4x4, hungry one week, nute burned the next, just generally meh….Moved her outside and she perked right up. Plan is to clone her and try to flower inside a 4x4 with a purple paki haze that I’ve got going.

Attachments

• IMG_0391.jpeg
    IMG_0391.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 83

StickyBandit

I’ve been doing battle with this GT in veg for over 10 weeks, she was NOT happy inside a tent. Was crowded with a bunch of other stuff in a 4x4, hungry one week, nute burned the next, just generally meh….Moved her outside and she perked right up. Plan is to clone her and try to flower inside a 4x4 with a purple paki haze that I’ve got going.
Looks pretty darn happy now :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Chopped 2nd GT. Her yield will be less than 1st as i dusted 4 branches. Nice lemon smells.

The high is unique. It gives you a sense that time is off by 1/2 second delays. I would not drive after vaping GT.
Lots of interesting thoughts race into your brain without electric edgy high.

Super job Ace. Now, time to cure, COB, and make tinctures.

ehehhehe glad the second GT girl provides strong crazy effects as well :) @Legalcdn yeah, driving after smoking Golden Tiger is not a good idea :LOL: Thanks for your support, feedback and kind words!

Latest posts

Latest posts