What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mmmm Lemon G

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Well more than a handful of circles in Ohio seem to disagree, including myself, that Lemon G is Love Potion.

I contend that one of us is holding a bogus cut.

I doubt it's the guy who grew in Ohio with the old school Meigs boys, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'd just like for you to entertain my curiosity as to how they managed to get their hands on the alleged Lemon G which I grew so long before Reef's Love Potion ever came to light.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Hey i could be wrong. Theres no for sure way to tell whats whats anymore really. All i know is, ive smoked so many samples of lemon g, and the one i got is the lemon g. Maybe it didnt come from love potion, but its legit. Like i said im not trying to argue, i just want to get to the bottom of this with some facts.

Let me see some decent pics of your lemon g. Youve owned it for how long?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I haven't wasted time with the Lemon G since 05 and I have erased pics from those days long ago. My strainsitter has it on hold if I ever want it again.

I'd entertain your notion that you have the real deal if you think you do. I just don't relate it to Love Potion in the slightest.

I really think it's a lesser strain just in terms of a high. I have much more lemony tasting stuff on hand that gets me lifted a bit better.

Considering what your take on the Skunk Misty cut was I might venture that I know Ohio's strains a bit better than you. Not to say that everything I've grown was what I was told.

My Lemon G finished in sixty days flat. My Love Potion took twice that almost.

hilljack

also i tend to be under the impression there is way more than 1 pheno of the lemon g floating around the oHIGHo

and more than a few of them i run across ARE dense fat ass dark leaf indicas

and yes as MMM says ive been smoking the lemon g well before reef ever pass around beans of the love potion

but i guess my opinion is just that..

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
You know more bout ohio strains than i do simply because controversy over 1 strain?!! I think not. I have more and better strains than most round here. Smoked weed in ohio 4eva and seen the lemon g, dumpster, sensi star, death star, gunk, nl5, afghani mango and bubblegum being some of the most common. Never once heard of a skunk misty. Slanged the ledges scene for years and still never heard skunk misty. Been to columbus millions of times and still never heard of skunk misty. Do you have this cut? Have you ever even grown this cut? Ill be the first to say that im not one of those growers who thinks he knows it all, but i do know a decent amount. I also know that i have been wrong on occasion. Could be that i have just simply never run into the skunk misty. I just find it hard to believe that i have never heard word of it other than on this site.

Last edited:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It could be that you just aren't in the right circles. I'd suggest you to try it if it wasn't usually riddled with mites... I've avoided bringing it anywhere near the rest of my plants, but I've smoked a ton of it and have seen it tended by someone else.

I'm a big fan of the Deathstar and I do enjoy Dumpster even though it's been played out.

When was the first time you smoked/saw Lemon G? I can't think that someone who has smoked Lemon G and Love Potion could think they are the same strain.

I didn't say you knew everything; I simply pointed out that Lemon G has been around long before the strain you claim it came from was even finished. Still curious as to your thoughts on the actual thread topic.

I pointed out the whole skunk misty thing simply because I've seen it and smoked it and you thought it was bullshit... and suggested that I might know more secretive circles.. that's it... I said I might venture that I knew more Ohio strains than you did. You think not.. so be it.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
well we are both right. There are in fact 2 or possibly 3 diff versions of the lemon g. Jordan of the islands skunk x airborne g13 IS in fact the old school clone. Love potion lemon g pheno is a newer version that was adopted by some as the lemon g also. I have talked to several people who believe this. Looks like you are right about the skunk misty Mr mustard. Someone just slapped the lemon g name on it somewhere in the pipeline.

Herbalremedy

Although I've never grown this strain, I agree with smurfin'herb on all accounts. The phenotype I see most commonly not only has the signature rank lemon scent, but it's also enriched with the most pungent sweet-candy stench at the same time. As far as density is concerned, 10.5 grams of lemon g can easily look like an ounce of dense nuggets. It may not be the most potent strain around, but it's without a doubt one of the most novel strains available today simply because of the smell and taste!

Here's a pic from the last bag I received (about 2 - 2.5 grams pictured):

i got a quarter ounce of it from good karma club in lucerne,ca and it was a lil fluffy but it fuckin reaked and i just remember this being one of those notable strains that leave a pleasant taste on the pallate for ever, even being a long time cig smoker. impressive and id love to see more of it up in norcal.

Maijah

it smells real lemony on the plant.The mom i had never cloned that well for me. i had the sativa dom. pheno, but i gave it to a friend. nice smoke though but not in my top 10

hilljack

its a tasty smell commercial appeal strain

im just not a huge fan of the quality of high,,ive always thought there to be a fairly low ceiling and i believe a tolerance is built extremely quickly

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
i agree hilljack. Tolerance is built quickly. But i do like the "uppy speedy" buzz it gives you. It seems short lived tho.

M

ME TED

I can't think that someone who has smoked Lemon G and Love Potion could think they are the same strain.

This thread is funny. I have smoked lemonG from at least 3 sources. About a year ago I smoked some herb at a festival that I swore was LemonG when I asked what it was he said "Reeferman's LovePotion#2".
I was sold, I've been wanting to get LP#2 seeds ever since. Oh the guy with the LP#2 was from Columbus as were the samples of LemonG that I've had.:dunno:Who Knows? I've always been curious about this.
Here's a link to a post I made about the same subject about 2 months ago.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=2895183#post2895183

hilljack

and damnit some of the more g dom lemon g phenos ARE dense

despite what yall are saying

maybe not dense like say...lavender or some pure indicas

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
My guess is that the old Lemon G has been replaced by Love Potion in most circles, judging by the most recent posts.

I don't see how this is such a hot topic. There is obviously more than one cut being called Lemon G.

Lemon/citrus flavors are pretty common in the genepool. Maybe I'll start a new lemony tasting cut as Lemon G now... :D

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
fella gave me a doob of the lemon g for the new year, it was not grown well or it wasnt lemon g, i agree mr m some people claim when they dont know who they are talkin to ;)

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Are any of you are familiar with the afghan mango cut that floats around? I had a batch in the same room as the skunk misty, it got stressed somewhere along the way and pollinated the affy mango. Might be interesting.