What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Brick Weed - How it's made

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
IMHO, brickweed could get you x2 with the same money you buy your kind, but with similar, or even quality!!!

These bricks are mostly coming from S.A where they have higher TCH% plants, even with natures selection.. Of course there are much brick floating that doenst have quality in it, but you can still find some gem genetics from those seeds :wink: + ppl should stop buying shitty brick, because it only increases the shitty market and command for better quality, thats the only way to get better weed commercially -> shitty shitty bangbang weed BOYCOTT!!

Here´s a first part of the article MoldyDreads posted, translated generously by a kind friend :yes: Pls, be aware that this raw transalation:wink:

Let the story begin for us non Spanish readers..
When you buy some bread you dont ask yourself who made it. I lived in Asunción for 10 years. Is where I met my mate ( a photographer of ABC Color) and I never thought about visiting those fields where most popular herb in the country is grown, apart from “mate”. I had some good reasons: several people died in this attempt. First one was journalist of “Noticias” in Pedro Juan Caballero, the capital town of marihuana. Santoiiago Leguizamón died in april 26, 1991 with 21 gun shots while he was celebrating the Day of Journalists in Paraguay. Some say he had a picture of Pablo Escobar Gaviria with Fahd Yamil (a local narco) and with ex president Andrés Rodríguez

Maybe destiny made Amadeo and me kenw about “Pedrojuan” – as local ppl call this town- in the middle of carnaval season while we were working in a tourist guide about the country. Pedrojuan is the capital town of Amambay department. Punta Pori in Brazil is at the end of International avenue which crosses town. Fiesta of king ***** was famous for abundance of alcohol, cocaine and marihuana. Cannabis traffic employes half of the citizens covered with a blanket of silence when you want to talk about

We arrived in the noon tired of the heat and of the typical places of interest we had been experiencing. we get a room near the popular market, the heart of this urban neighborhood that looks big and messy. We were trying to sleep there with the loud music coming from a nightclub in the hotel in front of us. We heard some some shots later and music stopped. A few minutes later the siren of an ambulance. When it took away, the music and the party continued.

A brazilian guy was shot but is finnally save. "It's a normal thing here, last week we were with some friends taking “tereré” when a van at full speed crossed and strafed the house in front," told us the next day Joao, a boy who lives in Punta Pora in the paraguayan side. "If you do not get with the mafia, the mafia will not get with you," warned us when we wanted to know more about the matter.

They say that the safest way to know the kitchen of drug traffic is to wait for some police operation. But we had a contact, the corresponsal of ABC Color in Amambay, Candido Figueredo. He always mentioned in his chronicles a village near Pedrojuan that is not in my travel guide, but it really deserves to be registered. This place is where 60% of all marijuana of Paraguay is produced: Capitan Bado

Candido survives dayly in a hostile territory, where the silent war between drug gangs leaves about ten deaths per month. Is a sturdy and rustic looking guy close to his fifhties. 4 years ago due a serie of articles about the drug kings of Capitan Bado, the head office of the newspaper Pedrojuan was shot. "In such area is cultivated some of the most reputed marijuana of America and probably of the world.

Favorite place to throw the lifeless bodies (his is worth $ 50,000) is the International Avenue because "the police dont investigate until they find out if the dead are Brazilian or Paraguayan. It's a no man's land”. Candido has also received threats from police forces that protect the drug trade, and his house was shot twice. So, he is guarded by police and carryes a 45 caliber pistol. During a talk in his office came the name of Waldir Bofinger, director of capitanbado.com. He is a brazilian jounalist who lives in such village, 3 hours from Pedrojuan, and the guy who can lead us there for a walk.

In ABC Color, Amadeo tell us when leaving, Candido is more known for their strange passions than for his writes. He collects as if they were stamps, pictures of mutilated bodies, some without hands, some without head, and all with bullets in their hearts. Among his personal relics also includes a collection of skulls collected over the years from drug traffickers, got in their visits to the clandestine cemeteries of Amambay.

The Captain's Verses

“It's rainy season, Capitán Bado is isolated. You should buy the ticket back there”, we were told in the ticket office. Was the last warning before getting into a microbus, drive through a narrow dirt road on a not very accessible place and travel 120km. A woman sitting behind us asked why we were going there. I lied with enthusiasm, "we are making a tour guide". "Thats good, it's a beautiful place. Do not forget to go to the waterfalls. Aguaray 88 meters high." She said proudly. Through the window we could see the hills and forests where many of the farmers live, near the border with Matto Grosso do Sul, southern foot of the Amazon in Brazil.

“Growing marijuana has become a tradition, a family business. Something which is passed from grandfather to their children and their grandchildren," says Waldir Bofinger while walking towards his home. He is a “Brazil-guayo” who speaks in “portuñol” (mix of spanish and portuguese), lenguage of Capitan Bado and he doesnt hesitate to offer us his help if we wait until after siesta.

In the evening we walk through the city, fairly organized despite being isolated on routes (half of the streets are paved, the houses are brick made and there are schools, colleges and even universities). Bofinger told us to go to Captain Bado plantations is a challenge. In fact, they are within a radius of between 20 to 100 kilometers. We can approach by car, stop at a certain place and still a long journey on foot through the bush. Is night already.

The first phrase from Bofinger, already seated in the dining room, is brutal: "Capitan Bado is one of the cities of Paraguay with the highest percentage of widows. The girls want to stay with the drug dealers due the money and proper life they lead but they have a very short life, reaching the maximum of life of 35 years old. Despite most farmers pay the price the cops need to justify their salaries and the business is not safe, they still chose to marry "with the owners of the seeds." The worst massacre was between 1995 and 2001, when the murderous narco Brazilian Fernandinho Beira Mar - considered one of the biggest drug smugglers and arms of Latin America lived in Capitan Bado.

Early, very early, the sun burns the tent. Before leaving, Bofinger takes Amadeo camera, demanding security, forget it. "I got it to return with photos and life," he jokes. In a warehouse away from the center, he contacts a farmer who knows another farmer, who knows another one ... who hase a farm where he grows corn, cassava, and a little more hidden, Brazilian cannabis (supposed some of the world's best sativas).

The only way is to walk almost an hour for a long “tapepoí”, Guarani name for the narrow path made by walking in the bush. We received a wrinkled old man with a privileged shape, who works the land with their children and grandchildren. Is outraged that C.B. is not included in the guide that we ordered. "This was the breadbasket of the north, we gave corne and wheat to the country for years," he says. He has also planted soybeans, but there is always cannabis. We asked for the plants. The elusive grandfather calls for discretion. Says that a decade ago the Brazilians got into the area and killed entire families, like yours, grown in small plots of 10 square meters and got between 30 and 50 kilos. "Now they bring people who goes inside the mountains with a shovel, machete, and food. Clean five, six acres, and with bad luck they produce two tons per hectare," complaining the old man takes a glass of sugarcane "Aristocrat" in the dining room, under a makeshift roof at the entrance to the ranch. Nobody is richer for growing, but sometimes they can pay some pleasures.

more to follow....

VT_Fire

a few years ago I saw bricks with rocks and other random shit in them to add weight hah. like in the middle of 5 or 10 lb blocks that you wouldnt find until you broke them up, schwag is the worst. greedy fucks.

15 -20 years ago we used to get really nice green bricks from Paraguay, but for some reason, it seems that the market got dominated by the newer shitty way of slash and press with no dry or cure....ergh

Hi folks,

I live in Argentina, i used to smoke brick weed lot of years ago,one of the reasons of the low quality of the actual brick weed is mostly the increased demand of the zone in the last two decades, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay.

Older Paraguayan and Brazilian sativas 80,s till 89-90 were really amazing landraces plants, super up high, clearheaded, heart racing most of the times. In some occasions they used to be very similar to Colombian Punto Rojo, trippy high, long lasting.

When the big Brazilian and Paraguayan narcos got into the weed business in Paraguay, they introduced Holland hybrids to make new faster and productive crosses and crop more times a year.

So the genetic map of Paraguayan landraces sativas started to dissolve in the 90´s till now, that is all the same weed, same taste, same smell, same shit. Now all have the same skunk smell.

From time to time, someone gets lucky and find the true so called "Pinito" weed, it was a really good brick weed back in the 80-90, but its very rare these days, most of the times its a scam of the dealer that will tell you "hey, this is Pinito"...

Hope it helps to clarify!

Byee

montehierba

rotting plant have a rancid unique smell >amoniac<know to be in tobacco tar and dog shit, when these are packed while still wet in humid regions, specially in Ecuatorial regions,in this case Paraguay is a bit south but moist is a latent issue.

M

mrred

i only see brick if i go back to the indian reservation / some small towns or cities. we dont like brick or compacted shit here(got a little higher standard) simple because its hard to break up/has less bag appeal. shows the grower has less respect for his work and it all around no good.

sodaman

I've had some fantastic nearly seedless lime green skunky Brick weed before that I would take over 'mid grade' any day.
It's always a roulette but sometimes it really pays off and I kick myself now for not saving some of those seeds.

HeD333

I've had some fantastic nearly seedless lime green skunky Brick weed before that I would take over 'mid grade' any day.
It's always a roulette but sometimes it really pays off and I kick myself now for not saving some of those seeds.

QFT I never see this currently though....

U4ic

THIS IS THE FIRST I EVER HURD OF SOME1 THINKING THEY ADD AMMONIA TO WEED.. if your any kinda weed grower,smoker etc one should no that if buds are still wet or just not fully dry that when you put the weed in a bag with no air that they will get an ammonia smell..come on people alittle CS goes along way. most nuggs from brick are pretty decent from the start..but then they get compressed and sit in humid,dry rooms etc for months at a time turning the weed to a shitty dirty ammonia smelling schwag ditch weed.

We used to get kilo bricks all wrapped up in packaging tape.. There would be a bladder around the brick and it had ammonia in it . If not opened correctly you had ammonia herb....It seemed the better herb "from our connection at the time" was wrapped that way...I would like to think other retailers where as careful as we where but i some how doubt it...

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
We used to get kilo bricks all wrapped up in packaging tape.. There would be a bladder around the brick and it had ammonia in it . If not opened correctly you had ammonia herb....It seemed the better herb "from our connection at the time" was wrapped that way...I would like to think other retailers where as careful as we where but i some how doubt it...

Thank you for the cool information. That totally reopens discussion on ammonia weed. I'm sure some of the bricks I saw a few months ago had actual chemical ammonia in them, they were so strong, it made your eyes water like cutting an onion, this is no ammonia "aroma", it's straight overpowering in some bricks. Mind letting us know where more or less this was and who packaged it like that? I almost guarantee it was a way to try to trick dogs..Mexico I'm guessing, or passed through there coming from Colombia? Any guess?

U4ic

They where bought in Wash. DC. lol... They where packaged that way when my friend got them so fairly certain thats the way it came the whole way... Most of the time is was above average weed..We all assumed it came from some South American country..I would think the only reason that was done was to mask the smell..

dreadvik

I heard that some even grow to like some of the taste given by the mold and expect it so some well done brick wasnt selling as people thought it wasnt potent due to the different smell :(

I used to smoke brick a lot and as u tear it apart you can see the mold and smell it along with that amonia smell

dionisio2850

i live in ecuador our brick weed comes from colombia and paraguay, it probably has some kind of chemical because when you smoke in a pipe (the most popular way) it gets hotter than with real buds. Hear they use chemicals to avoid the smell and make it harder to detect.

M

mrred

better save those seeds dionisio nd grow your own, dont want to be smoking no chemicals

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
I don't know where some of you are getting your brick weed. Though if its coming from mexico your not getting anything other than some shitty landrace grown by people that don't care enough about their product to remove the males. All that is important is speed and yield.

I'm from texas and all we ever see is mexi-schwag, bricks and bricks of it (that is why I started growing in the first place). Though it is still green (sometimes brown) and will get you high.

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Pressed brown moldy mexi

Pressed brown moldy mexi

:fsu: That's the reason I grow. I wanted and am now a pot snob. My wife is totally ruined, much worse than me. :joint:

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
I grew a bagseed that had 12 fingered leaves, it was extremely odd. Not only was it a high number of fingers but even numbers too. I have only seen it once and it was actually on my second grow, just some mediocre mexi-schwag.

belgowiet

funny we dont have brick weed where i live(next to the dutch border). we complain about weed that isnt dried properly and most of them are ww or skunk crosses.

Latest posts

Latest posts