What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Finland is not Scandinavia.

A

arcticsun

Meh ... fuck it, ill let it be... if I start bitching about this, where will it end..

Im not intending to stick my head back into this cultural snakepit, reading through this thread, lolol not sure I want to raise this debate..

All I really wanted was for it to be quicker to find the Danish grows, but it dont matter.

I guess Denmark turns more and more towards the continent these days anyway.

A

arcticsun

From Kvenland came the first kings of Norway, the brothers Gor and Nor divided the land between them. Nor would rule land, and Gor would rule all islands and be the sea king.

Heiti "Sea King" Gorsson, b. in Raumsdal, Telemark, Norway
Father: Gor "Sea King" Thorrasson, b. ca. 065 in Kvenland

Children:
Svidri "Sea King" Heytsson, b. in Raumsdal, Telemark, Norway

Gor "Sea King" Thorrasson, b. ca. 065 in Kvenland
Father: Thorri Snaersson, King of Kvenland, b. ca. 020 in Kvenland
According to legend, Gor's sister, Goi, disappeared. So Gor and his brother, Nor, went searching for her. Gor searched the islands of the Baltic. Although he went all the way to Denmark and met some of his relatives, he found no trace of Goi. Nor went west over the Scandinavian mountains where he fought the local inhabitants of Trondheim. Nor eventually settled in Sokni's Valley by the North Sea. There Gor met up with him after conquering all the southern areas of the land. Gor and Nor divided the lands among themselves. Gor got all the islands he had conquered and became the first "sea king". Nor got the continental areas. Nor traveled east toward Uppland (Sweden) to Heidmark where he met King Hrolf and found that Hrolf had stolen Goi. Hrolf and Nor had a long and furious duel but neither were wounded. After this marvelous fight they made an agreement that Hrolf would marry Goi and Nor would marry Hrolf's sister. Nor returned to his land which has ever since been called Norge or "Nor's way".

Children:
Beiti "Sea King" Gorsson
Geiti Gorsson
Heiti "Sea King" Gorsson, b. in Raumsdal, Telemark, Norway
Meiti Gorsson

Gor's descendents settles in the Lofoten region.. Nor settles in the Sognefjord area. Basically Gor the sea king rules north of the arctic circle, and Nor rules south of it.

Hope this clears it up once and for all?