What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Kush and White Widow. First Grow!!!

Hey whats going on guys. Its my first grow and im really looking forward to read what you guys think good or bad. Thanks in advance.

So i got the small ones about 12 days ago and got the 3 bigger purples and the widow 9 days ago. The small pks are looking so healthy and bent the stems the day after i put them in soil 10 days ago. snipped the tips also. The bigger pks and the ww were over watered when i got them and then when i got them i was worried about drowning them so i under watered them. So i cut the nutrients and just watered them. but the widow didnt react too bad and seems to be back on the right track the purple reacted kinda bad. dried leaves curling at the tips, yellowing, and drooping. no fun. But those yellow/curled leaves are about to die and fall off, its about 2 on the big pks. the rest of the leaves on those plants and the other plants are looking healthy as fuck now. Also going to train all the ok. the bigger ones are tied down and will do the same to the small ones when the get bigger. and the white widow im going to do a single cola grow and see how that goes.

THE SETUP:
I just put them into the box today but before they were in my closet under 2 150w floresent with reflectors. the walls were white so they were pretty reflective.
-The Box- 22inches deep 5 feet tall 5 feet long. Mylar layer on the walls.
I have a squirrel cage blower in the top right corner, Hooked up to my environmental control center that will turn the blower on once it gets above 75 degrees or 40% humidity. I have an open hole for fresh air on the bottom left. and fan inside by the open hole blowing air up from the lights and toward the blower and a fan outside blowing toward the open hole to get fresh air in. Going to add in Co2 tank and put tubbing along the bottom with holes.
I have the lights on 24 hours right now. The small pks are taking off, perfect looking. The ww are looking good and the new leaves growing on all of them are green and healthy.

FEEDING SCHEDULE-
right now im just watering and the nutrients from the soil. but in a week from today going to start feeding once every 5 days about.
NUTRIENTS-
Botincare Grow
Botincare Bloom for soil
Botincare Liquid Karma (Catalyst)
Botincare Sweet Citrus(Carbs)
Sub Culture
Silca Blast
Blast Off (Vitamin B, yield enhancer)
Botincare Hydroplex
Dutch Masters Liquid Light

Last edited:

Danksta408

Nice......I'm growing a strain similar to that.......My buddy crossed Grandaddy Purps with White Widow. He got the GDP here in the bay and the WW he got in seed form when he went to amsterdam.......Here's what they look like at 30 days

W

weedpureweed

first grow and already using 8 different products? no offence but you are a hydro store owners wet dream....you need a benchmark when using additives, many don't do shit and a side by side will separate the wheat from the chaff....I should add your grow loks really well thought out otherwise, very nice work man.

Last edited:
Update!!!

Update!!!

SO...
Things are getting better now that they are in their home. The bigger purple kush are looking stronger. but now one of the is kinda yellowing. Ive just been watering them once the top 2 inches feels dry. But its prett much only one of them. Last night they looked strong and i watered them and this morning they look ALIL heavy and watered down. but no biggie.
These are the bigger Purple kush that were drooping are looking stronger

Heres the one that i wana know whats causing it to yellow. im just watering for another few days before i start with the feeding cycle.

This guys tied down

White widow

Another White Widow

The last 3 were the smaller purple kush

With my limited experience using organic mg, I found that it needs to be cut with perlite. I've had good results with 40% for planting sprouts. It doesn't look like your mg has any perlite. I am willing to bet that your plants would benefit with more aeration in your soil.

~NKM

Y

YwouldntI

wattup fresh greenthumb...nice grow you have goin here yo....

weedpure weed was actualy giving you good advice yo.what he was sayin is some nutes really dont do shit,and some can even mess shit up if you use too many at a time...he never said anything about how many plants ur doing...you might want to read peeps posts a little better so you can see the advice being givin,its ur first grow right?so bro look for the advice,nobody is gonna say oh do this,this and this...because we dont know ur temps,humidity,ph level and a trillion other things.peeps will help you the best they can,but you gotta be open to thier advice or you wont get far at all yo...
that being said you have some yellowing up happenin on some of the ladies,are you feeding them already?if not i think ur soil may be a lil hot for them at such a early age bro.could be from the takin root bur i would keep an eye on it for sure,you see how the leaf tips are turnin brown?thats a sign of nute burn yo.
you can flame me if you want just like you did homeboy i really dont care...just tryin to help yo
peace -Y-

ya sorry. i read that on my iphone and didnt read the last part. so what would be some suggestions on how to keep the soil cool. actually thats the thing i saw brownging tips but im just watering them right now until they came back. and by benchmark did u mean have one with and without to see what it actually does?

Smoking Gun

Y seems to be right, I would also agree your soil is too hot, so your plants are locking out nutrients. By hot, Y and I are not referring to temperature but an over abundance of nutrients, which causes nutrient burn and other problems. In an organic setup I would try to introduce some dolomite lime, I believe hydrated dolomite lime will mix into water and you could water with that solution. I am not sure of exactly how much to mix into the water, but I would say 1 or 2 tablespoons per gallon. I personally mix my dolomite lime right into my soil mix, I think you will find dolomite lime is a miracle product.

I would also suggest investing in a pH testing kit. That way you could test the pH of your soil. I would suggest the soil be right around 6.0.

And as for mixing perlite into your pots now that the plants are in them, it is probably too late. You would have to disturb the developing root system and that is not a good idea. So, this run you might have to go without it. If you are planning to do another transplant before flowering you could add some then.

Either way, good luck, I hope all works out for you and you are able to bring these plants to harvest.

growermatt1

FreshGreenThumb said:
so ur saying the dolomite lime would help with the soil being hot?
hey,
lime will raise the ph and provide calcium and magnesium, but since this is fresh soil and clearly has an over abundance of nutes you should run plain tap water or even ro water for the next feeding or two. The only way to make the soil less "hot" is to flush it, however this doesn't seem necessary in your case as the plants are young and not severely burned.
Just give'em some time and they should fix right up.

and thats what my roommate was saying. to just let them be and they should be fine. also shock and everything. so is lime something that should be added into the soil? and whats something that can bring down the pH of the soil?