What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to make a hash press?

Kush Junkie

i have a friend that works at a metal shop and he could easily build one for me. does anyone have any plans on how to build a hash press or a good pics i could show him. im trying to explain the concept to him but he doesnt smoke.

G

a piece of threaded pipe, two end caps, drill and tap one of the caps for a big bolt, the rest is pretty easy

Here You Go´ ;)

Grow%201122-%20(163).psd.gif

Brightshadow..

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Kush, not trying to be a jerk but you see that button at the top that says search? Try that!!! There are a number of threads on here about homemade and store bought presses.

C

Chamba

here's a no-cost method

1) get yourself two flat pieces of metal or any hard, flat material you have hanging around the house.

2) wrap the loose resin in cellophane, hand press it into flat rectangle shape then re-wrap it.

3) position the wrapped resin inbetween the two plates of steel.

4) place your hash press on level ground.

4) then place a heavy weight on top of the press.

5) wait awhile and then you'll have pressed hash.

6) if you like you an use a sharp blade to trim the edges straight, then repress the trimmed edges

personally, I prefer to smoke my resin unpressed..it burns more efficiently, tastes cooler and lasts longer etc.

but if I do press it, I usually use thumb pressure in my palm. if it doesn't stay together with thumb and palm pressure, then it has too many contaminants in it.

Happy Hashing!

Last edited:
Well heres a few ideas!

Take your keif, dry seive, etc.. place on parchment paper, fold, and put under the corner of a stove. After it has compacted, compact it more, refold it, do it again.

Use a vice, same method as before, tighten...wait....tighten...wait... rinse repeat :p

Go to an art store and get a clay shaper. Those like presses that extrude the clay in a certain design, use pennies on the bottom and top and press. (search for the peacemaker.. there is a DIY version for 10$ from the art store rivaling the 300$ one)

OR make QWISO :).. Its niceeeeee.

Kasp420

dude a 12" piece of 1" PVC pipe a c clamp like the 1 pictured above in pactivist post now get two American half dollars superglue 1 to the top clamp and 1 to the screw part of the clamp and place the pipe over the screw part and the 2nd coin and put ur keif in the pipe fill it if you want too or press however much you want now place the other coin over the open top of the pipe and start screwing screw it down as hard you can and leave it for an hour or two and voilà bomb hash!

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
we used to make hash presses out of lego and super-glue back in the day :wink:

peace, peace, peace,

I made a simple one in a metel shop.If you can use stainless steel use that.

Get a piece of 1 1/4" shaft(round) about 2" long
Drill a 3/4" hole all the way through

Get 3/4" x 1 1/2" long shaft and one longer than 2 " to push pellet out of sleeve.

you have a press with a sleeve to hold keif while pressed.I use a bench vise and pipe wrench to tighten.You get a good sized pellet.You could adjust shaft size for bigger/smaller pellets.

Latest posts

Latest posts