What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any metanatural users?

I just picked up some Metanaturals... the 3-3-3 and the 1-5-5. I found some old threads on it where I picked up on rates of application... but I was looking for feedback on how well it performs. Curious as to how others use it as well. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanx
Rcky

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
I use the 16-0-0 when i need a little extra nitrogen. Very powerful and effective. Super stinky tho' I like it better than General Hydroponics
Micro when giving plants a little N shot.

there used to be a hydro shop that carried meta but they are gone.

Pactivist

I use the metanaturals line exclusively (for now) I have the 3-3-3, the 1-5-5, the 16-0-0, and their calcium. I find that with a little bit of plant specific adjustments that these nutes can be used full strength without burning, and produce a heavy harvest. always remember when using organic nutes though, plants use them as needed, so a close eye is important until you get a feel for the frequency of water vs. feed.

Well I should have mentioned I'm growing Satori. First Run- I've only given them a tea once...very dilute and I managed to burn them. Curious as to what strains you were able to get it up to full strength at? Glad to hear you got a heavy harvest. I should be OK as far as MG and CA cuz I got lime and oystershell in my mix. I'm thinking I'll make a EWC, molasses and kelp powder tea. I'll add the 3-3-3 and the 1-5-5 at 1/4 tsp each per gal. Maybe give each plant 1 pint of this and see how she looks. What do ya think...I'm about 3 days into flower and the plants are in LC's soilless mix #1 with about
1/3 tbs of bat guano per gal and doing well.

Pactivist

I have a little comparison going on right now, between Meta, and guano, my guano plants are in an aged mix and get no supplemental food. I should have mentioned that I am using 1 gal grow bags(except for the guano plants) and water every day. My meta schedule goes like this. 1 tsp per gal 3-3-3, 1 tsp per gal 1-5-5(during flower) 1 pint per plant. followed by 2 days of plain water. so it's like a continuous flush I guess, so that's how I manage not to burn them. I am growing Sensi Star, SAGE, NL#5, and my SSxS cross. current grow is 15 NL#5, 9 Sensi Star, and 4 of the cross, they are only 14 days into flower. My system is set up with drippers, which are new, so adjustments are still being made, it is an organic, drip, run to waste(my outdoor veggy garden) hydro system. I tried 1/2 strength last grow and paid dearly for it, my harvest was quite small and all of my girls showed deficiencies. This time I added some extra lime to the initial mix to help stabalize the ph from the stronger nutes and they look really good so far. I will try to keep this going and will add some pictures soon.
peAce,
pacT

So are your guano plants in something like LC's soilless using Bongaloids flowering ferts? Half Strength for me would probably work well since I'm basically using LC's mix with just a smidge of High N guano. Never grown NL but I believe it doesn't need much in the way of nutes? Would love to see some pics of your experiment. A little confused about it. Do you have any in soil that are only getting Meta?

Pactivist

I'm not a big follower of any formulas, so I really don't look into them much, this is just what I have come up with. I did try following the lucas formula once but my results were less than impressive. My guano plants are in 2-1/2 gal grow bags with 1/3 cup of high N mexi bat guano, and 1/3 cup high P jamaican guano, 2TBSP maxicrop powder, and 2 TBSP Dolomite per gallon. This was wetted, stirred, and allowed to age for 19 days. stirred daily watered as needed. after the 19 days I put this mix into 2-1/2 grow bags, added my clones, and have fed them nothing but water. they seem to be doing fine. Other than the dolo lime my container plants only get the Meta w/ a little maxicrop, the food is fine. it's me that's messed up my own grow by wanting to save time, and going to drip. I am not exactly tuned in to the drip system yet - but I should be pretty close after this grow. BTW - the main reason for switching everything in my room, was nosy people, wondering why I would need planting mix in the middle of winter. now, I use less mix per plant so I can actually buy enough pro mix before the snow flies. Just trying something new here, will let you all know how it turns out.
peAce,
pacT
p.s. I should be taking a few pics today, will post them soon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts