What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Euphoric weed

Nexus7

I'm looking for strains with a pure euphoric effect. My first and last experience with pure euphoric weed was in 2001.

The Euphoric weed I tried athough being overall mild in strength had such a postive effect that I would put it above anything I have tried before and after. Put simply it was my grail. It was short-lived, only about 30-45min of high, with absolutely no comedown. I didn't seem to build up any noticeable tolerance to it either, although, I had only around half a gram of it and was smoked over three bowls in around three hours.

I've grown quite a few strains from online breeders and found nothing close to it. I also rarely find euphoric effects in locally aquired weed. Maybe just two times out of many dozens. Both times it was lower quality outdoor grown weed and nowhere near the quality of effect of the sample I smoked in 2001.

Strains I'm looking at now for euphoria include:

TRSC - Kerala
Ace - Ethiopia x Mauritius
DP - Blueberry, Strawberry Cough, Euforia and THC-Victory

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a strain with pure Euphoric effect? Also if anyone knows which terps or cannbinoid profiles are responsible for euphoric effects? Or is euphoric effect just a case of low potency weedm set and setting?

I found this post by Motuno which may help:

"About its type and quality of psychoactivity, comment before to describe it I use the usual terminology in Spain, which classifies the different types of sativa effects such as:
1- Lysergic or "trippy".
2- Electrical or energetical or exciting or caffeine or speedy or anphetaminic.
3- Euphoric or positives.
4- Introspective or creative or cerebral.
5- Indica's tendencias."

So I'd be after a straight number three! Happy, uplifting, positive, social with no caffeine or speediness. Ideally with no ceiling or comedown.

So who's got it?

clearheaded

take notes of all the var you try and may help you narrow stuff down for yourself aswell. while some generalities everyone reacts different. some say ghani is anti anxiety, while others the harshness of pine and myrcene and effects can cause more anxious feelings and the NLD produce more anti anxiety euphoric feelings and depends on dosages aswell. or may have to do with how some people like speed and others like valium...

sweet skunk, blue dream, ssh, nlXhaze, mexican, c99, queen mother, lily, eirdbeer, kandy kush (trainwreckxogkush). most lemony var have up euphoric feeling.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lately the Mango Thai has stood out for euphoria, from the real seed co. Kerala was just so so for euphoria.

In the old days when I smoked indicas and hybrids, GDP and SAD stood out.

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Lately the Mango Thai has stood out for euphoria, from the real seed co. Kerala was just so so for euphoria.

In the old days when I smoked indicas and hybrids, GDP and SAD stood out.

Can i ask how many of rsc kerala you have grown out? Have you tried cocogenes/khalifa or the Indian landrace genetics kerala yet?

Thanks for the feedback on the mango thai.

Nexus7

Thanks for the reply guys! Plenty of interesting choices and lots of food for thought.

I have a couple Colombian Golds I need to test out this season but will probably add a Strawberry Cough into the mix too. The more I read up about SC the more it sounds like it could be what I'm looking for :)

I've also been reading up about the effects of thcv and it could also be what I'm after. Doug's varin has some positive reports but is difficult to obtain in flower form where I'm at. Dutch Passion does have a 1:1 thc:thcv strain in seed form but it's quite pricey to say the least.

I also have an unknown strain at hand just recently harvested and it seems to have a little euphoria about it. It's also quite mild, short lasting with no come down but still needs further testing ...

Feel free to keep the euphoria weed suggestions coming guys!

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
tangerine haze, dela haze, nepalese from Reeferman, mextiza, trainwreck(without og kush much better for sativa lover), choc thai, big sur hollyweed - overall I would look to oaxacans :D if you want happy vibe weed.

rolandomota

Veteran
I got some kush that was a warm euphoria I actually liked it that was strange because it had no mind activity it is medium strength it was supposed to be pine tar kush but it came out long and green apple I got shit tons of seed but the girls tend to her im not sure of the seeds I made from it I have not tested them

the blueberry were weak for me but definitely some ecstasy type of weed not much mind activity so I think it's weak it's not my kind of high I wish I could share some seeds I just looked at the seed bag and it's huge I still wish I went 2 weeks extra I hate wasting space in the weed with immature seed I could give 10 seeds to everyone and still have too many

I'm sure something good would come out of it but the low yield and little to no bag appeal mainly the high don't convince me to plant many
I got a Newberry f2 I call it nuevaberry the Stem rub is neem oil lol fuck you white fly spiderites and soon fungus gnats im a mass murderer of bugs, genocide baby those bugs are secret undercover agents of the law man

I get it though the high he's breeding for it's a feel good high I never tried ecstasy but it fits the happiness definition I needed to smoke hash of it but like I said low yield
for me it's part of the high the euphoria I need more mind activity he actively breeds it out in most of his strains with that blueberry male I'm sure the Oaxaca crosses are more my thing or maybe the f13 but the yields man their pathetic most of the time
PS I need to actually grow some seedless f2 I only have one 2 feet tall 2 feet wide multi topped about 2 or three months from harvest it depends on how long I want to veg and it's strange wrinkly bumby variegated 3 leaf only lol dad looked bumby on the leafs kind of like warts but not this funky

If I think it's weak it's usually better for others because I smoke all day every day others have different smoking habits good weed for me is stuff that stops me from smoking compulsively and wows me

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can i ask how many of rsc kerala you have grown out? Have you tried cocogenes/khalifa or the Indian landrace genetics kerala yet?

Thanks for the feedback on the mango thai.

Just one Kerala so take that as you will. I am growing some Khalifa Kerala Chellakutti, 10 of them. Will know more in a few months.:plant grow:

harvestreaper

Veteran
oaxacan ,,blueberry ,,purple wreck,, old sk haze ,,and i second mango thai going on imatutre early samples altho very trancey to

Nexus7

Setting yes sure.
Low potency no.
It's more a matter of low dosage and low tolerance.
"Trippy" weed can be very euphoric at low dose.

Looks like I might have to try some titration experiments over the coming weekend. I have quite a few strains at hand but always seem to get an introspective type high. Maybe I'm just smoking too much lol I'm only having about 0.2-0.3g a night though ...

Nexus7

I'm seeing a bit of Mex, Blueberry and a few purple vars mentioned for euphoric effect. Had Oaxaca '79 and it's hybrids on the radar for a while but never got around to growing one.

I tempted to try a Blueberry as well. Recently did a Glueberry OG (Blueberry x GG4/OG) it was nice but no pronounced euphoria, for me anyway.

Is BB usually a relaxed type euphoria or is it more positive motivational?

Burt

Veteran
There can be no doubt about the cookies euphoria. That Durban is locked in so well with some body tossed in. Wonderful buzz
Kush mints 11 crosses also readily come to mind. Back in the day though that blueberry sure packed the euphoria and so do the super skunk and the NL#5 among many others.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Is BB usually a relaxed type euphoria or is it more positive motivational?

it depends what it is.. some blueberries are very indica, so it is lay down buzz, some his lines are more active smoke, but always that velvet hug from inside. I am growing now old flo mother x otmF5.. should be very oaxacan dom :D euphoria guaranteed :D

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blueberry is great for a calm yet uplifting euphoria, many sativa strains can be euphoric but also a bit more edgy and 'jangly'.
Trying to re-create a buzz you got off some weed 20 years ago is a pretty tall order though !
The high you get from occasional smoking is very different from the high you get when smoking every day.
VG

Nexus7

Blueberry is great for a calm yet uplifting euphoria, many sativa strains can be euphoric but also a bit more edgy and 'jangly'.
Trying to re-create a buzz you got off some weed 20 years ago is a pretty tall order though !
The high you get from occasional smoking is very different from the high you get when smoking every day.
VG

Haha don't throw me in with the RKS and trip weed crowd just yet!

I think I should be able to find it or something close if I look hard enough. I haven't really been looking for it until recently and just assumed that any pure Sativa would do the trick. I was smoking daily back then too and still get glimpses of that euphoria every now and then.

I don't have access to cuts, coffee shops or dispensaries where I'm at so there's not a whole lot of variety here to sample. Also I can only grow 2 plants a season here so it may take a little time. But I'm sure I'll find it in a Strawberry Cough, Blueberry, heirloom sativa or a 1:1 THC:THCV strain.

clearheaded

dont think thcv is what you have been led to believe..

and ya super good point about BB, as DJ often says EFFECT and not just potency but quality of the high is next to taste/smell. as many breeders, looks number 1 potency smell and then yeild, effects other then high thc are not really high on the list. TGA was a terps/effects type guy and didnt like OGs or chems as just harsh on his lungs.

mandala aswell as bodhi are tapped into effects aswell. and suppose all sativa breeders liek ace would be effect chacers.. yes folks like hard hitting sleepy effects aswell but something about how long and hard it is /can be for NLD grow/breeding and not just pretty and dense loud buds makes it more about effects then anything. .anyhoo

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I'm looking for strains with a pure euphoric effect. My first and last experience with pure euphoric weed was in 2001.

The Euphoric weed I tried athough being overall mild in strength had such a postive effect that I would put it above anything I have tried before and after. Put simply it was my grail. It was short-lived, only about 30-45min of high, with absolutely no comedown. I didn't seem to build up any noticeable tolerance to it either, although, I had only around half a gram of it and was smoked over three bowls in around three hours.

I've grown quite a few strains from online breeders and found nothing close to it. I also rarely find euphoric effects in locally aquired weed. Maybe just two times out of many dozens. Both times it was lower quality outdoor grown weed and nowhere near the quality of effect of the sample I smoked in 2001.

Strains I'm looking at now for euphoria include:

TRSC - Kerala
Ace - Ethiopia x Mauritius
DP - Blueberry, Strawberry Cough, Euforia and THC-Victory

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a strain with pure Euphoric effect? Also if anyone knows which terps or cannbinoid profiles are responsible for euphoric effects? Or is euphoric effect just a case of low potency weedm set and setting?

I found this post by Motuno which may help:

"About its type and quality of psychoactivity, comment before to describe it I use the usual terminology in Spain, which classifies the different types of sativa effects such as:
1- Lysergic or "trippy".
2- Electrical or energetical or exciting or caffeine or speedy or anphetaminic.
3- Euphoric or positives.
4- Introspective or creative or cerebral.
5- Indica's tendencias."

So I'd be after a straight number three! Happy, uplifting, positive, social with no caffeine or speediness. Ideally with no ceiling or comedown.

So who's got it?
Euphoric weed is the effect I most like and it is not easy to find. I found it on a trip to Laos a few years ago. Pure euphoric rocket ship take off. Kind of ironic that I find this in a third world country after years of buying seeds. It was a bit like Thai stick but with zero paranoia, if you are old enough to remember proper Thai stick.

Anyway I have yet to grow anything as good myself, but have made some recent purchases with TRSC; Mango Thai and Manipuri but will not get the chance to grow them until probably next year. Also have my eye on Golden Laos, but they are out of stock at the moment.

Ace probably has some euphoric strains. I have tried several and Ethiopian was probably the most euphoric, but it was less so after a long cure.

Good luck with the search.

JohnnyChicago

If BB then I would give a look at Chimera's BB crosses.
Like his HM x BB, GF x BB or others.

My most euphoric experience since long time, has been with MM's 90sOHxTHH.
The most euphoric exerience I have ever seen in my life with weed, not only on me but on a lot of people, has been with a thai in mid 90s that was reddish/purpleish (probably from Positronics)

Not sure what THH male MM has used in his Thai crosses. If the same male then I would try one of his Thai x THH's.

Latest posts

Latest posts