What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Widow Thai F3 fem male line

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
Hi folks

In 2017 i bought a bunch of auto seeds with the plan to try to make some auto seeds. The planned pollen donor was stitchs love potion but non of them sprouted. But i got real lucky :D.
From a pack of muay thai i got one full male without a sing of femal flowers. One muay was a hermie and got culled and the last one was a nice female.

From the other autos the seedsman white widow was the best so i planted a bunch of the ww x mt on my balcony. One of them was a auto male but with no fems at this time i culled him. The others got ready at 48°N and i got about 2/3 fems when i remember correct. The seeds from the best got planted the next year but this time less seeds and i only got 1 male.
The next year some plants came up on their own so i planted no seeds but also got no male. The flowers had some seeds in them, i tried one indoor and it turned out to be real dank weed. For me on a level with the amnesia core cut.
It could be that this seed i tried was pollinated with some pollen from a growing neighbor but i doubt this. The indoor plant reminded me alot of the outdoor ones with the most significant trait pinkish pistils.
The rest of the f3 s1(i think) were planted outdoor but didn't sprout.

So i planted 18 of the left f3 a few days ago and it looks like that 17/18 came up so far. Quite happy about that outcome because i stored the seeds for 2 years at room temp.

picture.php

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
They went in the pots yesterday and i fired up the tsl 2000.

When i take clones i will plant some amnesia core cut and trainwreck with them for some outcrossing.

Hope to get a good overview of the fem/male ratio with 17 plants. From my outdoor experience i assume less males but that was with little plant count.

When i started reading at icmag there was a thread about how many seeds u need to germinate to get 1 female from regular seeds. When i remember right it was 6 seeds from a normal 50/50 strain so with close to 3 times that amount i should see whats in the line.

picture.php

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
I re-read a post from me in a flash seeds thread where i stated that i got more males than females in the f1 :dunno:? hazy stoner memory

Makes me more curious what will turn up.

Hi folks
I did order some autos last year from seedman with the plan to make some auto seeds. Stitchs lovepotion should be the father but did kripple and didn't flower.
To my luck one of the muay thai was full blown male with 100% no visible sing of hermaphrodism. No white hairs and up to 13 finger leaves.

Has anyone else got a full male in the muay thai?

Can't say if the offsprings are full auto because the seeds where planted in the middle of june and started to flower early- middle of august.
I had more male then female in the offsprings(~2:1)

Thx willi

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
Hi folks i'm very excited. Got 5 confirmed males and one female and i think they are autos!!! Or this is the fastest and extrem case of preflowers i ever got

picture.php

picture.php

teide

Veteran
They are off to a great start, chiliwilli!

The next year some plants came up on their own so i planted no seeds but also got no male. The flowers had some seeds in them,

If no male present, did you reverse them to get seeds?

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
I had to snap the top of most males because they were growing in the lamp and i didn't want to hang it higher.
So far no pollen from the males. When i gently tap them a lot of the pollensacks fall of. No visible pollen in them and when i chew them i don't get that sandy greasy feeling what i get from normale males.

When i saw i got autos i went from 18/6 to 20/4. Could this fuck up the pollen production in an auto male?

teide

Veteran
Really can't see how that should matter with a male auto.
You've got some truly nice females there, wonderfully narrow leaves for an auto, congratulations!
Now all we hope is for some pollen to keep the line going!

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
5 weeks veg.
Topped all the plants in veg. I will veg them till all clones rooted since some got real thick stem and i'm not sure if they root proper.

Still no pollen visible but some pistil turned brown with no seed developement. I think the males try at least?

Curiose if the change to flower mode will change something with the males.

picture.php

picture.php

teide

Veteran
Really odd about the pollenless males, chilliwilli. Only thing I can think of is that they might be not auto if they stopped flower development after increasing light hours. Maybe photosensitive sativa traits but not fully autoflowering.
What will you do if the female autos don't get seeded? Do you have more seeds where you look for male autos? Or will you have to make a cross with the vegging plants?

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
Flower development was the same after going to 20/4 but no visible pollen yet. Was thinking they got stressed with the raise.

I'm sure they are auto because its auto x superauto f3 where the autos should pop up.
But honestly i was a little surprised by the auto and still have about the same amount of the f3 seeds in my fridge.
Will switch to flower when the clones are rooted and hope for a good male.

On the tom hill thread there is some talk about more fem than male lines and i think/hope i have such a line. The male muay thai came from a pack of fems what might explain the probably sterile male. Don't understand most of the theory.To be sure i had to get one of the male test kits but i don't know if i can get/use them in my country. So when the males test as femals i got some weird line here.
As written before i got a hazey memory with these but in the 2. year growing them i wrote that i got more males than females in the f1 which is opposite to what the pros stated for a x to autosom male(?) line

Not sure what to sprout next? The rest of the F3 or the F2 or F1? Think also the muay thai reg f1 would be the best to test whats in the line.

Last edited:

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
6 weeks veg

Took clones from every plant again because it looks like only few will make it.

Switched to flower today.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts