What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tincture, Revisited

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
This is a great thread! I'm still trying to get the concept, however...particularly the method described by Gray Wolf. I understand the part about dissolving the kief or hash into a very high-percentaged alcohol. I also understand the part about evaporating the alcohol after adding the kief/hash.

What I'm not sure about is what to do after the alcohol is reduced. Does it make sense to try to combine the resulting liquid with glycerine (perhaps flavored)? Or do people just take the boiled down mixture straight? Sounds a bit brutal but -hey! Medicine is medicine, eh? Still, if there's a way to make it a bit more palatable while not sacrificing potency, I'd love to hear suggestions.

Again...thanks all. I realize this thread is old but its time to take it outta the closet. Very helpful!

couchlockd

i am making a tincture....

2 family members diagnosed with cancer, one with breast cancer (my cousin) and the other Lung, Kidney, and bone cancer (my uncle)

my cousin, is young, in her early 30's, although it is removed she has to have both breasts removed, she already is smoking herb for the chemo.

my uncle on the other hand, he is in dire straits, cant eat cuzz of pain, cant take the pain meds cuzz they make him sick and vomit, and hes scared of them. my aunt says "she dont know what to do"

sound like a job for MMJ, he seems open to it, she i honestly dont know how she would react to the thought.

so i need to make some way of ingesting pot, by not smoking it, and i need it to be with minimal excess material. like a quick few drops of tincture.

i have mucho mucho SCFE BHO oil. can i just dump 10 grams of the hash oil, into 150ml of bacardi 151 and cook the bacardi down.

another question, can i just have some hash oil on a cracker?

my feelings :

I would use the oil that you have, as long as it is very concentrated.
Use rick simpson's healing schedule ( or other variations )Put this oil in capsules, gradually increasing the amount. Medicate and titrate slowly, unless you are always heavily medicated ( who here isn't :) )
People do 3 to 6 month treatments, and also increase the dosage and see what the results are.

Since at this point you should be trying to attack the cancer and or boost the immune system at the same time..change the diet ( if not on an immune boosting type of diet ) and do whatever you can to get your family members to keep a balanced immune system and a positive attitude. Swimming in a pool or walking if they are able.

Make some tincture and use that to treat cancer side effects. This will also help increase the dose of your body with THC.

It is important to use this oil before any chemo ( if that has to be done ) and as strong a dose as they can handle during and after chemotherapy.
Drink A LOT of water ( unless electrolyte levels are low )

Show your family members the success stories of MMJ treatment.
Get them obsessed and excited about treatment. Buy them some music.

We are preparing to "observe" my dear friend begin a round of oil. They are going to use 3 months heavy treatment, 2 weeks stable medium dose..then assess their condition. They have Multiple Myeloma, very rare and has already had a stem cell AND bone marrow transplant. In remission, but the odds of long term survival are not very good.

But we are hoping for an increase in blood "health" from this treatment

Take care of yourself and stay positive.