What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LANDRACE SEED BANK

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojajico

Veteran
does anyone know of a seedbank that has landrace seeds. i want to try to grow a pure landrace sativa (hawaian, thai, viet), but these seem to be hard to find or the breeder has names them something that does not indicate that it is a landrace strain. if anyone can help me get these rare plants i would be very greatful... thanks!!

G

hi mate, if you look you will find, dont forget the african landrace in your seed quest.

jojajico

Veteran
ive done a bunch of searches, i wouldnt have posted if i didnt. the problem is im sure they are out there i just dont know what some breeder has decided to name it. ive done google searches even searches on this site under landrace+seeds.

G

hi, a long reply could be in order and i dont know how to post links to a thread. try african seeds at seeds of passion and seed boutique, pure indica types at herbaria and a nice selection of paki and leb at blue hemp. also seedsman carries some landrace africans. brazil seed co for columbians/ brazilians and even more south americans.this is to name a few companys. regards

mark6699331

Lots of African from seedbou- Umm- mananuskan- Yumboldt from SAG- Captin crip's superfruit (sort of). In general, though I'd say forget about landraces now. Maybe in the seventies. But today its a waste of time unless you have like ten years and a million dollars to grow out endless amounts of seeds to find that one in ten-thousand. But if you really want too- I'd start with that african seed co.

mark

G

hi, i must say it doesnt take ten years and millions of dollars to find nice landrace cannabis.just grow some out and take your pick, the hard part with landrace types is finding pure types. unless you go out and source your own from the region of origin you will never know if they are pure.

jojajico

Veteran
anyone know anyone who offers south eat asian land races sativas? thai, viet that sort of thing.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
so sorry also forgot Federation Seeds has

Celestial Temple Sativa
Indoor
The Celestial Temple Sativa (CTS) is from the area between the coast and the Andes mountains in Ecuador, an area where you find the huge banana plantations and other agricultural productions. Along the coast, daytime average high temperatures range from 84 F (29 C) to 91 F (33 C), with nightime lows going from 68 F (20 C) to 74 F (24 C), making CTS an extremely good producing 10 week sativa that's mold and mildew resistant. Long dark jagged leaves with densly packed pinky pistills and a great calyx to leaf ratio makes trimming a breeze and a pleasure. Known in the medical community as being an extreme sativa without the extreme flowering period, the CTS has a ceilingless soaring high that will raise your your heartbeat and quicken your pace. With a tropical citrus flavour and more bounce to the ounce. CTS is a great strain for an active lifestyle.
Flowering: 10 weeks

Peace
Chefboy

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
unfortunatly...
where there is demand, you will find supply..

many times the supply is only brought into play, when there is a displayed demand.
leaving us to wonder "how the hell did this come about?"
many times, in short order. many times to a dissapointment.

I wonder tho...
why would someone seek a landrace? what is the intent..
Most of the higher quality lines Ive grown are not landraces, but hybrids of..

someone above said its best to seek them on yer own... they were right. 90% of the market is driven by value of seeds to a consumer..

good luck on yer search, but dont over-dedicate yer self to something if you havent experienced it yet.

Peace, and good grows to you all!
bub.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I wonder tho...
why would someone seek a landrace? what is the intent..
Most of the higher quality lines Ive grown are not landraces, but hybrids of...

I think the above statement pretty much sums it all up though. Those amazing hybrids came FROM landrace and maybe he wants to create his own amazing hybrid versus working with something someone already created.

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
weed is not indigenous to Hawaii

weed is not indigenous to Hawaii

Hawaii doesnt have any any landrace strains , they used to have heirloom strains brought by 50's service men and 70's hippys but those have most been replaced with fast flowering indicas ....

try looking thru some Mexi or Hit up Bohdi Seeds he most likely has some from Nepal that would be close to "landrace" as you could get

Landrace: plants adapted to the natural and cultural environment in which they live (or originated) <---- and, in some cases, work. They often develop naturally with "minimal" assistance or guidance from humans using traditional breeding met..

Pretty much all phycoactive cannabis his had a great deal of human interaction...

if you have enough for a Plane ticket go to China thats your landrace zone ....
:tiphat:

el gordo

listen to the wise words of c99, you should look into ACE (worked landraces-landrace hybrids that stand with today standarts)

PS: avoid reeferman!!!! the worse bred seeds i've grown ever came from him...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.