What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mag def, nute burn, p lockout or to wet coco?

syntax1337

Good morning,
my plants are flowering for about 30 days in coco with 600w HPS for now. 2 Weks ago my plants showing green to yellow colors between there venes.

I was thinking its an mag deficiency so i spray my plants with an 2% solution of epsom salt. The water for the plants has 5.8PH and 1.2 ec at this time. The plants are sicker from day to day and the epson salt want help after use it for 2-3 days.

I was thinking my plants need more food so 1 week ago i change the water for the plants to 6.2ph and 1.6ec. The drain has an ph of 6.1 and 1.6ec at this time.
The Leafs turning to tan and it looks like they need more phosphor. After the drain test three days ago 6.1ph 2.3ec so i flush them and was thinking there must be a lockout from phosphor or something.

Now after flushing they get watered yesterday with the old solution of 6.2ph and 1,6ec. I was thinking it's a lockout because all plants in the Spot of the HPS light has more burned Leafs but they cant get more nutrients.

Now my last idea was that the roots started to rot, but in my last grows over 5 years ago i watered every day without any root rot. The roots are tan in some areas so i dont give them water today.

My water is very hard and has a range from 0.5-0.9ec so i mix it with rainwater. I really happy if someone can help me. The Light is about 50-60cm over the plants.

Full view

Early stage

Late stage

Best greetings and thanks for the time! :)

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
what type of coco. never seen deficiencies in bloom using coco if the coco was a good brand, fully charged and you never fucked up with the wrong ph or let the coco dry out too much. 1.2ec is plenty for the entire bloom.

Greenthumber

Are you running nutes that are coco friendly? Or for hard water? I’m running coco as well I feed every day to
Run off and every couple weeks I do a straight ph water flush untill my run off ec/Ppm is pretty low then re feed the next day but my water is also only .2 ec out of tap at 80 ppm I’ve been bouncing back and forth between flora nova 1 ml per gallon/ or I’ll use cal mag and ionic and have great results with both. To much is always a bad thing if I were you I would do a good flush at 5.9 6.0 untill your ec in your mix comes down then and see how they react the next day it’s always better to not feed enough then feed to much

Attachments

• 4B002A6F-2AB5-4779-8FBE-8E2F71BE546D.jpg
    4B002A6F-2AB5-4779-8FBE-8E2F71BE546D.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 9

syntax1337

I use coco from ugro, 2 runs ago i switched from canna to advanced hydroponics. So you guys think they have nute burn?
I hope you can see the pictures in this post, i try to link them again:

hazyfontazy

Veteran
I use coco from ugro, 2 runs ago i switched from canna to advanced hydroponics. So you guys think they have nute burn?
I hope you can see the pictures in this post, i try to link them again:
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74928&pictureid=1793180&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74928&pictureid=1793179&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74928&pictureid=1793178&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

lots of coco growers have suffered this ,i think its your water , try using bottled spring water and/or brita filtered ..i had same problem ..my water was .8 ec an ph was 8 .the smell of chlorine/chloramine was overwhelming ..using the spring and brita has got it down to .2 and the ph to 6.8 ,,after mixing nutes in to 1.4-1.6 ph dropped to bang on 6 ,,no need to ph down ,,had no problem since i done this ,,prior to cleaning the water up i literally blamed the whole world for my problem .

syntax1337

I flushed them now mixed with rainwater (0.5ec and 5.9/6.0ph).
Ok i will look after this filters, i never have such kind of problems with other strains in the past.

Greenthumber

Not necessarily saying you’re using to many nutes could be either salt build up or a lockout from to much of something, you said it looks like a mag def so either you need more magnesium or you’re locking it out from to much potassium, if it were me I would do a thorough flush then refeed with a balanced mix of nutes with cal mag . But no I don’t see any pictures

syntax1337

Ok i used the "insert Images" button below the smileys the kast two times. I hope now everybody can see my pictures? :tiphat:
Yesterday i flushed them as i say'ed, the leafs in the top of some plants looking sick too after some more days now. Maybe its better to give them only water today, without any nutes.

Have a nice weekend all together and i hope the images are showing.

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 8
  • early.jpg
    early.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 6
  • late.jpg
    late.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 8

syntax1337

I flushed and watered them all with 0.6ec in the last three days. My plan is to flush them again tomorrow and water them after flush with an ec of 1.2 - My mixed water with rain should have an base ec from 0.5/0.6 so i can add 0.6 ec of nutrients.

Drain ec is at 0.9-1.0 today.

What you guys think about my plan?

Best greetings to all! :tiphat: