What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Get Baked and Go Fishing

sprout420

Any fishermen out there? I think fishing and weed go well together. When I'm stoned and fishing it seems to help me to focus and think like a fish. I'd love to hear your stoned fishing experiences. Here's a nice trout I caught the other day.

1G12

Well, I don’t fish myself however, I do have a friend that is a fishing maniac…but he doesn’t blaze up, he drinks scotch. Sure glad he doesn’t hunt. My dad took me fishing a few times when I was a kid. I can see why getting baked would be fun. Too much standing around waiting for me…..would much rather be hiking and exploring. Bet throwing a small rod in a backpack and hiking to a remote stream would be fun….then burn one. Yeah, I could go for that!! :biglaugh:

sprout420

MickeyBlue42 said:
Im in ..... I fish saltwater fly and conventional. Fished deep sea fly, estuary , bay.

Bring it onnnnnnnn!!

I haven't had the chance to fish in the salt yet. My family is getting a beach house this summer and I'm looking forward to trying out some surf casting.

The_Leader

Non-Hilocentric
gulf of alaska, atlantic, pacific, gulf of mexico.

lakes and rivers i can remember...
lake orange, lake george, lake oconee, west point, eufalla, lake lanier, lake norman, ocmulgee river, alltamahal, miss, flint, ten, cumberland, chesapeke bay, and many more.

i fish....i luv it, and always blazed. iv lived on islands, flats, sloughs, rivers, and ponds. i dont own a car. but i got a boat and a slip at percy priest. who wants a 4Olb stripper...

sprout420

1G12 said:
Well, I don’t fish myself however, I do have a friend that is a fishing maniac…but he doesn’t blaze up, he drinks scotch. Sure glad he doesn’t hunt. My dad took me fishing a few times when I was a kid. I can see why getting baked would be fun. Too much standing around waiting for me…..would much rather be hiking and exploring. Bet throwing a small rod in a backpack and hiking to a remote stream would be fun….then burn one. Yeah, I could go for that!! :biglaugh:
I definitely like the hiking and exploring aspect of fishing. Getting away from civilization and communing with nature is fun and relaxing.

VictoryGardener

holy hell
I'm almost always completely sober though... there's no way I could be wasted and carefully wade slippery rocks for my quarry... Besides.... I think that sometimes sobriety is more interesting and/or fun than being stoned..

I always choose to experience things like Roller coasters and trout fishing sober.

Getting stoned is great when you are bored or stuck indoors during a rainy day, but I don't live to be stoned or wasted- I live to live

sprout420

VictoryGardener said:

Western North Carolina trout fly- fisherman here

:wave:
Beautiful Brookie. I'm lucky to live near several nice trout streams, mostly stocked with Browns and Bows. Gotta go a little further into the mountains to find the wild ones.

sprout420

VictoryGardener said:
I'm almost always completely sober though... there's no way I could be wasted and carefully wade slippery rocks for my quarry... Besides.... I think that sometimes sobriety is more interesting and/or fun than being stoned..

I always choose to experience things like Roller coasters and trout fishing sober.

Getting stoned is great when you are bored or stuck indoors during a rainy day, but I don't live to be stoned or wasted- I live to live
I guess getting stoned has a different affect on me. After smoking I get super into it and it seems to help me get that perfect drift. I'm sure I don't smoke nearly as much as some folks and I don't drink while I'm fishing. There's no way I could wade around after a few shots. I would surely fall in.

SomeGuy

668, Neighbor of the Beast
Nothing like a good puff and a lazy river with fat stupid trout.

Started fly rodding about 20 years ago and haven't touched spinning gear since. I'd guess that I've caught around 15 or so species on the long rod.

I'm actually a professional fly fisherman as I get paid to guide clients. Was big into it years ago and did 50 or so trips a year but have backed off and now do just enough to keep my endorsements and guide deals on gear.
Patience is definitely a virtue when dealing with the public and a puff or two goes a long way when dealing with someone that just doesn't get it.

sprout420

SomeGuy said:
Nothing like a good puff and a lazy river with fat stupid trout.

Started fly rodding about 20 years ago and haven't touched spinning gear since. I'd guess that I've caught around 15 or so species on the long rod.

I'm actually a professional fly fisherman as I get paid to guide clients. Was big into it years ago and did 50 or so trips a year but have backed off and now do just enough to keep my endorsements and guide deals on gear.
Patience is definitely a virtue when dealing with the public and a puff or two goes a long way when dealing with someone that just doesn't get it.
Do you get a chance to fish much when you're guiding, or do you just point out the good holes and pull their flies out of trees?

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
lol

lol

The_Leader said:
gulf of alaska, atlantic, pacific, gulf of mexico.

lakes and rivers i can remember...
lake orange, lake george, lake oconee, west point, eufalla, lake lanier, lake norman, ocmulgee river, alltamahal, miss, flint, ten, cumberland, chesapeke bay, and many more.

i fish....i luv it, and always blazed. iv lived on islands, flats, sloughs, rivers, and ponds. i dont own a car. but i got a boat and a slip at percy priest. who wants a 4Olb stripper...
He's the great american fisherman, he'll fish anywhere, anywhere there's water, lord knows he'll be there! ( The intro to Rolland Martin's fishin show lol! ) ... Damn Alex, I think they wrote that song jus fer you buddy. You my friend are a fishing "whore", and I am envious...lol j/k I bet each and everyone of those places holds great memories of good times tho... If I couldn't fish I think I would have bugged out along time ago. Us men need our "me" time too ya know!.LOL Take care...BC

Last edited:

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
VictoryGardener said:

Western North Carolina trout fly- fisherman here

:wave:
Sooo uuhhh? VG, uuummmm? I spose the big ones bite alil later in the day? LOL!!! J/K I hear ya about slippin on the rocks. We have smallmouth around here in our smaller creeks that we wade and fish for. I bust my butt at least once er twice a trip.lol I keep on smokin tho...Seems like that's when ya always catch em, when yer puffin on a fatty! lol later,BC

SomeGuy

sprout420 said:
Do you get a chance to fish much when you're guiding, or do you just point out the good holes and pull their flies out of trees?

Most fly guides don't fish with clients. Our theory on that is, how can we help you catch fish, when we are busy fishing.

Pretty much just rowing the drifter, tying on flies and coaching proper presentation. Plus I tell jokes on the odd days when its slow.

SomeGuy

B.C. said:
Sooo uuhhh? VG, uuummmm? I spose the big ones bite alil later in the day? LOL!!! J/K I hear ya about slippin on the rocks. We have smallmouth around here in our smaller creeks that we wade and fish for. I bust my butt at least once er twice a trip.lol I keep on smokin tho...Seems like that's when ya always catch em, when yer puffin on a fatty! lol later,BC

Thats probably a pretty nice native brookie! I'd love to be able to catch natives, around here we have stocker bows, brooks and wild browns.

There are two kinds of fly fishermen.
Those that have fallen in the river.
And those that will fall in the river.

zomg1

up at my cabin there is some of the most unreal fishing on this planet.. there is this huge swampy area, a small river feeds into it then exits out the other side. the place is littered with beaver ponds creating nice 100ftx100ft ish little ponds of water. the mosquitos there are nearly unbearable, but in 4 hours before, between 4 of us we must have pulled out 300+ small rainbow trout, bull trout, and rocky mountain whitefish (catch and release of course).. you have to venture really far off the beaten path to hit spots like this though, all the holes near the town are fished the fuck out :(

G

Sounds like me

Sounds like me

I am always medicated and can never go fishing enough.Fish on my brothers nothing better than growing ur own food killing and providing for family, always eat what u kill, and living on the land.Nothing better then THE GREAT OUTDOORS

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Puffing keeps the bugs at bay. That doesn't always work perfectly, I remember they tried to carry me off in Bala one night. The booze help fight off the poison overdose the following morning. Reefer, Stones & Fishing that's what life is all about. I use the hardware & love trolling, down rigging or just firring a Len Thompson spoon or a Mepps Muskie Killer out of my 250 calcutta. You don't want to fish to close to my boat unless you're invited ;)

VictoryGardener

holy hell
B.C. said:

LMAO... well, the little brookies in the headwaters around here don't get big at all... most are 4-5 inches long... a 10-12 incher is a trophy

But what they lack in size they completely make up with their bright colorations.

And even the smallest ones fight really hard.

You can only catch these fellas way up in the headwaters that are usually only a few feet across... The fish spook real easily but they aren't that hard to catch if you can just get the bug in front of em without too many false casts (none) then they aren't hard to catch..

Often, you have to lie on the ground a few feet behind the hole and bow-&-arrow cast (its basically just a little flick) under the rhododenderons to pocket water..

I guess not gettin your fly hung up in the bushes is the hardest part.

Sometimes Im just in the mood for headwater brookie fishing.. more often than not though, I just fish a hatchery supported stream..

Western North Carolina has some really nice trout water if you're into fly- fishing.

Last edited: