What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

P deficiency?

G

Hi guys,do you think this is a phosphorus deficiency?

I grow in biobizz all mix/coco/perlite/ewc mix.

I water every day ,started calibrating ph (6.3-6.7) a week ago.

I use biobizz nutes for the first time and I'm kinda sailing in uncharted waters for me,never any deficiencies with AN nutes,except a some cal mag issues in late flowering in my first grows..
Weekly program goes something like this, 1 day half dose feed (biogrow-biobloom-top max-bioheaven) ,2nd EM-A and alg-a-mic,3rd molasses,4th half dose feed,5th cal mag or straight water ,6th alg-a-mic ,7th water or aminos.I may skip a day watering,but 2 regular feedings per week.First time I water every day in soil mix but plants seem happy.

The strain is Zamaldelica x Kali China.The affected leaf(to be precise,leaves,cause I think I saw it on a couple a little before lights out ) is near the top buds .
iJQ17Fg.jpg

vhBeb3a.jpg
RfA6b1O.jpg
PI8xoIL.jpg

Any opinions are welcome!

brown_thumb

It always depresses me when I see plants others are growing that I'd be damned proud to have but there's some small issue they're concerned about. So... there's a good reason for my moniker.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
The only thing I see is your pH is a little high. 5.9-6.1 good range for coco.

Plant looks amazing otherwise!

G

@brown thumb lol bro :biggrin:It is my first grow with those nutes and I worry this might develop .

@LesterBeans Hi Lester,nice to see you again :) It is about 60 % peat/ewc and the rest coco/perlite,do you think I should go for coco values since I water that often?

Yes,she is a looker,but her smoke is even better :) Hope I will not screw her up.

EDIT-Could it be manganese excess?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Yeah the more you water the lower the pH you want to run. Start with 5.9 and let rise to 6.2 and reset.. You are running amended coco so keep it around pH 6.

Always good to see you my friend!

I bet she smokes great and she looks like she yields well. Very nice!

G

I water by hand.Saw same symptoms on another plant today.
CKW0TBm.jpg
97VHLbZ.jpg

The more I search seems that those might be ph fluctuation problems or a fungus(if that's the case,I plucked those leaves and raised the fan speed,tomorrow I will also apply some H2O2).

Ph Seems possible because before I started calibrating ph things were well(of course it could be a coincidence but idk).
If this is the case,what would be more advisable,keep on with the reduced ph or go back to the higher values that seemed ok?(probably the first to not cause another ph fluctuation?)

G

Ok,just to inform a possible future researcher,this is a fungus.Affected leaves removed ,dehumidifier added,fan speed raised,walls cleaned with bleach and some leaves had H2O2 applied for precaution .

G

Hi pinkus!It stopped since I provided better ventilation,but it appeared again on another plant yesterday when I forgot to put the fan back on.I have seen rust spots in three plants in the room.I remove the affected parts.Today I applied some H2O2.I would love to hear your alternative.

pinkus

Veteran
I thought that the first pics did look like a minor phosphorus deficiency. The new ones... Dunno. :shooty: