Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Intake air getting WAY to cold in winter :(

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Best Value Vacs for extraction devices
Intake air getting WAY to cold in winter :( Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2017, 08:56 PM #1
stinkydinky

stinkydinky will become famous soon enough
Intake air getting WAY to cold in winter :(

hey!

so the problem is winter obviously, already nighttime temperatures are only 5°C/41°F and expecting up, or should i say down to -51°C/5°F...

the setup is a 4x8 tent in a room which obviously draws in the air via this cold ass window from outside and exhausts though a hole in a door outside of the room.

inside the tent are 2x 600hps.

the lights are too hot to just have them switched on and recirculate in the room with the window closed,
and with the window open or tilted i dont know yet as its the first time in this weather and still then there is the other 12hr window without heat from the lamps...

now i really dont know how to help myself because quite honestly besides way costly heating the intaken air nothing comes to my mind except for maybe running
the two 600s one after the other and doing a 12hr 12hr autoflower setup and recirculate the air in the room to heat it.
(i detailed that idea here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=346866 )

please advise, out of ideas and it is getting colder by the day :(
stinkydinky is offline Quote

Old 10-20-2017, 09:01 PM #2
metsäkana

metsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of light
welcome to my world lol

i yielded 1.5g per watt with night temps 5-20c might got lower just try to keep it as warm as you can with some heater i think in veg it dont even matter or start of flower they dont stretch so much..

put dehumidifier too with the heater latest on after 3-4 weeks of light switch

cold temps make humid.. yeah im thinking connecting the rooms somehow with ''blacked'' fans with temp controller

im still searching good options too

hit -33c on that grow air comes straight from outdoor to grow room
metsäkana is offline Quote

Old 10-21-2017, 12:50 AM #3
metsäkana

metsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of light
dehumidifier+heater+termostatf ans gets go pretty far but if someone have ideas would be nicee

Old 10-21-2017, 12:57 AM #4
Easy7

Easy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of light
This explains the other thread better.

Is the window open? If so, close it.

If it's an old window, plan on switching it out for a newer window. Unless you rent, then consider buying somewhere else.

Old 10-21-2017, 01:05 AM #5
metsäkana

my problem is not window the cold air comes in somewhere if its like unheated ''garage'' and pushing air out. cant turn the fans off in flower other wise mold hits, if too cold it hits, if too little fanning it hits but i dont know hows hes settup. i dont know if the bouncing hot air from other tent to other or other room to other work that might up the humidity too i have no exprience.. all i know 600w heater is not much vs -33 outdoor air D

Old 10-21-2017, 01:19 AM #6
metsäkana

also cycle lights on night so they are on coldest time and day off warmest time

Old 10-21-2017, 02:35 PM #7
stinkydinky

stinkydinky will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy7 View Post
This explains the other thread better.

Is the window open? If so, close it.
well you see with the window closed it gets too hot - lol, this is ridiculously complicated i know
stinkydinky is offline Quote

Old 10-21-2017, 02:49 PM #8
p0opstlnksal0t

p0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura aboutp0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura aboutp0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura aboutp0opstlnksal0t has a spectacular aura about
Circulation air around the canopy should not be the same fan as your atmosphere controlling fans. You need to put your vent/atmosphere control fans on a tstsat. They will flip on when too hot and shut off when too cold. It sounds like you just have open venting with nothing controlling the temp. If this is the case it's time to move that little tent out of the stone age and control that climate better. Intake temp doesn't matter. Your controller will regulate the temp of the tent. You don't need a monster 1000+ cfm fan to do this either. Only 200-300cfm will be needed to regulate the tent temperature with intake temps that low. Once you dial in temp you'll need to see how that cold air is affecting your rh. I imagine with such cold intake temps the rh will be dropping since the dew point is much lower the colder the air temp is. Humidity will want to precipitate out of your tent air as that cold shit get sucked in. That too can be controlled with a humidistat
p0opstlnksal0t is offline Quote

Old 10-21-2017, 02:56 PM #9
metsäkana

yes intake will matter even with 3kw lights hps its not enough to keep the small room heated in -40c even if the the fan is sucking cold in in SLOW speed
if you live in warm climate i think you might not understand

but you cant do nothing to intake.. or buy this

i would burn my plants in warm days with so small fan.. thermostat controlled fan is only solution or going there every night to turn it slower when lights go off and morning to speed it up that plants dont burn

it can fluxuate from +0 to -40 :P

also when the fan speed slowdown the lights turn off humidity rise in minutes to +80% you need dehumifier for that time to be on.. lights on it might not be needed.
if you turn it off fully i think humidity rise to 100% with bigplants and they just fall down and mold

if i close my intake it sucks the air from door and the door will froze closen after a few hours =)

Old 10-21-2017, 02:59 PM #10
metsäkana

its fine line balancing on too cold, too little air, too humid.. but you can make it good if you watch a little, silica and bacteria and kelp meals i think help with cold temps and molds not sure if chitin does

i have not done much closed rooms circulating same air with dehumidifiers but also the dehumidifier water line freeze when it gets out of the room xD i guess in closed room you need to use co2