You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Botrytis Cinerea

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Barney's Farm
Botrytis Cinerea Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2017, 10:04 PM #11
xavier7995

xavier7995 is a jewel in the roughxavier7995 is a jewel in the roughxavier7995 is a jewel in the roughxavier7995 is a jewel in the roughxavier7995 is a jewel in the roughxavier7995 is a jewel in the rough
I add one uncoated tablet per gallon of water, crush it up and mix to dissolve, I believe mine are 325mg pills. No clue if it actually helps other than consistent reading that it does. I have found silica to help with general plant health issues, beefier plants just seem to hold up better.

Those are both used in coco, though I am fairly sure I have seen both mentioned as being beneficial preventative measures in soil as well.

Instagram: xavier7995
xavier7995 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:52 AM #12
GrowingHigher

GrowingHigher will become famous soon enoughGrowingHigher will become famous soon enough
Antifungal regimes.

I tested many of the products you are talking about on 816, seed grown plants. I had three treatment groups and a control spread across 6 strains (n=204)

Treatments:

Results:

Conclusion:
Don't waste your time or money. Control your environment. Don't have too dense a conopy. Reduce RH if possible. HEPA filter intake if indoor/greenhouse. Maybe sulfer and sodium bicarb can help (but if copper didn't I doubt they will much).

Hydrogen peroxide isn't going to kill spores of B. cinerea if its under ~.5 percent. Botrytis can handle growing in relatively high concentrations of H2O2, and it is actually a virulence factor of B. cinerea which it produces in order to kill plant tissue.

I had never heard of Flint. It is a Strobilurin which acts on the electron transport chain in fungal mitochondria (apparently targeting a fungal variant of coenzyme Q : cytochrome c – oxidoreductase different enough from than ours to not cross react since we also have this in our mitochondria). Sounds interesting.
"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part! You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels…upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" -Mario Savio

Last edited by GrowingHigher; 10-27-2017 at 03:10 AM..
GrowingHigher is offline Quote