Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Landraces > Malana Cream RSC grow report

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Alchimia Grow Shop
Malana Cream RSC grow report Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2017, 12:00 AM #11
troutman

troutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud of
I got 2 packs of these and it's nice to see somebody growing them.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:20 PM #12
ngakpa

ngakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nice
hi meizzwang

as said in another thread where you brought this up:

landraces typically have more vigour than modern hybrids

you will find this when you get more experience growing them

it is known as heirloom vigour

it has also been demonstrated in trials comparing heirloom vegetable plants with with modern hybrid vegetables

the traditional strains outperformed the modern hybrids

about the problem with runts: this appears to have been an issue with a couple of batches of Malana seeds

however, looking at the conditions your have the plants in, I expect the fact they are sharing rootspace and are constricted by shrubs is also an issue (are some of those rhododendrons?)
ngakpa is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:13 PM #13
meizzwang

meizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the rough
Maybe others can chime in on their experience growing malana cream? I would love to hear!

Here's some more pictures of RSC's malana cream for everyone to enjoy.

My favorite phenotype: buds appear big, but they're fluffy and airy. Excellent structure for cold/mold/rain resistance. Malana cream doesn't appear very crystally, but some individuals look decent:

same plant as above:

the airy, low yield runty individual resembling more of a wild-type phenotype, spicy smell:

One of the best smelling individuals, but it also appears to be the least resinous:

same plant, shot of the main cola:

Last edited by meizzwang; 10-23-2017 at 09:36 PM..
meizzwang is offline Quote

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:55 PM #14
baduy

baduy is just really nicebaduy is just really nicebaduy is just really nicebaduy is just really nicebaduy is just really nicebaduy is just really nicebaduy is just really nicebaduy is just really nice
Hello. I have grown a pack of those last year, had 5 females. weak growth but big stretchers, wonderful subtle charras smells, great pest, drought, mold and frost resistance, very low yeld, potency on average going from low to very low, maybe high CBD ratio or the plant needs to grow a tree to deliver her full expressions, my biggest one was a 7ft tall lanky lady and smallest was 5 inch tall.
Made some seeds by open polination and polinated a few hybrids but I didn't use them this year.
baduy is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:00 PM #15
baduy

baduy is just really nicebaduy is just really nicebaduy is just really nicebaduy is just really nicebaduy is just really nicebaduy is just really nicebaduy is just really nicebaduy is just really nice
Forgot to add that it seems there were other similar issues reported on the same batch of seeds from other growers (bought those in spring 2016) and RSC sent me some new seeds of MC later
baduy is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:00 AM #16
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud of
How do these compare to the Parvarti? I have a pack of those, the Malana was sold out.
yesum is offline Quote

Old 10-24-2017, 08:33 PM #17
meizzwang

meizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the roughmeizzwang is a jewel in the rough
Not sure Yesum, haven't yet sampled malana cream. I'll probably run parvati next year, maybe someone else has experience comparing the two cultivars?

Regardless, given the consistent feedback that malana cream has weak potency, I'll probably end up turning all the buds into bubblehash and then making rosin from the hash if the quality isn't there. For sure, a smoke report will be added here in the future.

Old 11-03-2017, 03:35 PM #18
ngakpa

ngakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nicengakpa is just really nice
It's a landrace charas plant.

If you consider that typical good Himalayan charas probably ranges in the 15% - 20% range, with less strong stuff probably in the 5% - 10% range then clearly the average plant is not going to be strong when smoked as bud.

You would need time and a lot more plants to find a plant in the low teens THC. They are there, as shown by cannabinoid analyses I have seen of strong plants.
ngakpa is offline Quote

Old 11-03-2017, 08:59 PM #19
meizzwang

Update on the malanas: the aroma as the resin matures is becoming more and more amazing! All of the plants seem pretty greasy at this stage although one doesn't seem to have much resin production. There's a reason this line is world famous for their charas, and now I'm starting to understand why. One individual has a beautiful watermelon scent, but all of them have some amazing sweetness in their aroma profile in them that you don't smell every day, hard to compare it to anything else. I'll try to get a second opinion.

While it has been reported that hermis haven't been seen in their region of origin, I did find one hermi with my plants. To recap, all of the malana cream plants are grown in the same exact "hole" with the exact same watering, nutrients, etc. No other malana cream plant hermied in the same environmental conditions, so this suggests it's likely more genetically induced. Seems unlikely that farmers in Malana will select against a plant showing late hermis, especially since it showed up maybe a week or two before harvest. So far, it seems manageable and I'm not worried about it.

the buds on a few plants are actually surprisingly heavy and productive:

Some are so heavy that they're bending over:

This one reminds of of some Asian building structure:

Last edited by meizzwang; 11-03-2017 at 10:00 PM..

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:48 AM #20
Green

Green is a jewel in the roughGreen is a jewel in the roughGreen is a jewel in the roughGreen is a jewel in the roughGreen is a jewel in the roughGreen is a jewel in the rough

Early November Kumoani

In the cradle of our past, I lay upon my back in a cave so shallow I could penetrate it only by squirming, not by crawling. There, by the dancing light of a resin torch, I drew upon wells and ceiling the creatures of the hunt and the souls of my people. How illuminating it is to peer backward through a perfect circle at that ancient struggle for the visible moment of the soul. All time vibrates to that call: "Here I am!" With a mind informed by artist-giants who come afterward, I peer at handprints and flowing muscles drawn upon the rock with charcoal and vegetable dyes. How much more we are than mere mechanical events! And my anticivil self demand: "Why is it that they do not want to leave the cave?"
-Duke Leto ll
Green is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.