You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > A Journey into Grafting

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
A Journey into Grafting Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2017, 09:13 PM #41
BombBudPuffa

BombBudPuffa is a glorious beacon of lightBombBudPuffa is a glorious beacon of lightBombBudPuffa is a glorious beacon of lightBombBudPuffa is a glorious beacon of lightBombBudPuffa is a glorious beacon of lightBombBudPuffa is a glorious beacon of lightBombBudPuffa is a glorious beacon of lightBombBudPuffa is a glorious beacon of lightBombBudPuffa is a glorious beacon of lightBombBudPuffa is a glorious beacon of lightBombBudPuffa is a glorious beacon of light
That's a really nice job.

Cannabis seeds should be preserved and given away
BombBudPuffa is offline Quote

Old 10-23-2017, 10:03 PM #42
mushroombrew

mushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud of
There was quite a bit of luck involved. Not confident yet but will keep trying!
mushroombrew is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:21 AM #43
FrozenFire

FrozenFire is a glorious beacon of lightFrozenFire is a glorious beacon of lightFrozenFire is a glorious beacon of lightFrozenFire is a glorious beacon of lightFrozenFire is a glorious beacon of lightFrozenFire is a glorious beacon of lightFrozenFire is a glorious beacon of lightFrozenFire is a glorious beacon of lightFrozenFire is a glorious beacon of lightFrozenFire is a glorious beacon of lightFrozenFire is a glorious beacon of light
Any progress with the grafting?

The neverending insanity of frozenfire: currently page 27 forward for undercurrent and aeroponics.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344873
FrozenFire is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:27 AM #44
mushroombrew

mushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud of
Been so damn busy around here I haven't had time to "play"

The last batch in a dome did well. I'll get some pics up asap!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:45 AM #45
Desert Hydro

Desert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of light
hurry up and get this dialed in. i need to start grafting to reduce my plant count
Desert Hydro is offline Quote

Old 11-22-2017, 03:45 PM #46
p0opstlnksal0t

p0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Hydro View Post
hurry up and get this dialed in. i need to start grafting to reduce my plant count
Same here!
p0opstlnksal0t is online now Quote

Old 11-22-2017, 05:44 PM #47
mushroombrew

I am thinking about using silica crystals/gel to keep everything moist. The last round did not take in the dome. So the score is 1 win 12 losses.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:19 PM #48
Desert Hydro

Desert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of lightDesert Hydro is a glorious beacon of light
https://www.humboldtseeds.net/en/blo...raft-cannabis/
Desert Hydro is offline Quote

Old 11-22-2017, 11:19 PM #49
zif

zif is a jewel in the roughzif is a jewel in the roughzif is a jewel in the roughzif is a jewel in the roughzif is a jewel in the roughzif is a jewel in the roughzif is a jewel in the rough
Just a couple of thoughts.

I see >90% success using simple cleft grafts. I think that it allows such a fast operation that it works better than the much fiddlier v-graft. Omega grafters are okay for thick stems, but suffer from the lignification and tough fibers often found there.

No need for whole plant humidity - 'though bagging above the graft is critical. I think active photosynthesis below the union is helpful to the scion, and have success in a space that's otherwise ~80F and 35% relative humidity.

It's far easier if the rootstock and scion tissues both remain soft/flexible. A rootstock that pumps sap instantly when cut is ideal.

And rather than use elaborate clips or wraps, I find that simply pinching a length of scotch tape around the graft works incredibly well (i.e., so that the sticky side meets on one side of the union). It's easy to apply a tight pinch to bind the union, and as the graft/stem swells, it'll shed the tape on its own!

Oh, and only one side of cambium needs to match, but at least one side absolutely must match. So different stem calipers are fine, but the lignification issue seems to limit very high % success with larger calipers, especially matched to much smaller scions. For cleft grafts, anyway.
zif is offline Quote

Old 11-22-2017, 11:46 PM #50
mushroombrew

Nice. I will try the cleft for sure. Thanks!