in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > oG critical ppK

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
oG critical ppK Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2017, 04:46 AM #11
datal4b

datal4b is on a distinguished road
dhf ive always wanted to give these a try what do you think..?

datal4b is offline Quote

Old 10-11-2017, 07:20 PM #12
DunHav`nFun

DunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud of
Parabolics are fine after you`ve got em pre-vegged as long as you can control environment , and the best way that`s been found over the yrs to develop proper un-topped 50/50 plant structure is to take fully rooted cuts and put em directly under 8 bulb T-5`s as close as possible without bleaching or scorching.....then .....

When they need deeper light penetration , swap to the parabolics and trim out all the innards of the lateral limbs away from the main stems at least 8-12" away including sucker branches that branch off to the right and left on main laterals and steal energy away from producing end colas.....then....

Once they`re "tit`s high" , pull the trigger, flip to 12/12 , keep the bare bulbs to just above the top colas and keep em there till end of stretch and watch the plants explode upward and outward with the proper 50/50 phenos.....then.... keep the bottoms of the bare bulbs at the tops of the plants till end of stretch.....and then....

Once stretch is completely over with no more vertical or horizontal branching , drop the bare bulbs down to top of socket at top of plants and start removing the biggest fanleaves gradually until no more are forming , then you know there `s no excess of nitrogen left and plant senescence where the plant starts using it`s stored nutrients follows and end of cycle comes closer.....anyways.....

Holler if I can help and......

Peace...DHF.........

Last edited by DunHav`nFun; 10-11-2017 at 07:43 PM..
DunHav`nFun is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:47 AM #13
Oldfashioned

Oldfashioned is on a distinguished road
Dhf. I have read some of your educating posts and i see it still hard to give up all the fun. Awesome you are lending a helping hand.
I have an issue i am hoping i can get a hand with, since your bro dj seems to be done. i have set up his coco tree thread pretty well to a T.
Positive pressure cooling, although have a 4ton aswell. 18x11 #8 flip.
Full coco in 7gal with lava enough to be above the drainage. GH bloom 800ppm. New beans got 4 pheno of super lemonhaze X chernobyl, 18 in total with the stanpipe homedepot 4 line output feeders, autopilot,burner,
Everything and some, spareparts haha. One thing i may have fk'd up is gave them a shot of 9-3-6 dyna as i have downward clawing and slow growth. I am still feeding by hand couple times a day. Looks like nitrogen but the shot was 400ppm, i mean jeeze. Anyhow confusing language from the one pheno looking more indy. Trying to maintain the vpd but when i'm sweating them they curl more so right now i'm going back to cooler until i figure this out. since i have read you saying calmag in coco is just how it is even though should be ok at 5.3 going in but straight coco is my first time. At this moment i flushed the shit out if them about a week ago and kept watering as needed with r/o and not a flaw in color but clawing on the one pheno and slow with all of them, well they are dark so the flaw. My question is could the claw although nitrogen typical be a cal defficiency or possible P. I use to read you and the clown back in the day along with noone and always wanted to try the trees but was a 1gal table kind of guy because of my height but now i gotter all and trying little trees. Have run a couple already hand bombing 5gal hempy's but my end result was a bit black. Alot of nice size i turned into concentrate because. I had a co2 at night issue because of flip and salt build up i figure because of the wet/dry coco cut with perelite. The co2 thingy i have dealt with, with the 8" positive pressure autopilot awesome controller, highly recommended boyz. But with all the goodies i am suckin ass WTF! Lol appreciate your time bud if you got it. I can shoot ya pic if need be. I just started given the gh 800 5.3 and cooled down which drops it all of coarse, i got the foggers but they should be able to handle it now, which they have been not transpiring the way they should for 70 plus r/h. They are cool but filling up when it get's up there and start to close up. Wet legs and arms?? Obviously not an issue for you
Oldfashioned is offline Quote

Old 10-15-2017, 05:41 PM #14
DunHav`nFun

DunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfashioned View Post
Dhf. I have read some of your educating posts and i see it still hard to give up all the fun. Awesome you are lending a helping hand.
I have an issue i am hoping i can get a hand with, since your bro dj seems to be done. i have set up his coco tree thread pretty well to a T.
Positive pressure cooling, although have a 4ton aswell. 18x11 #8 flip.
Full coco in 7gal with lava enough to be above the drainage. GH bloom 800ppm. New beans got 4 pheno of super lemonhaze X chernobyl, 18 in total with the stanpipe homedepot 4 line output feeders, autopilot,burner,
Everything and some, spareparts haha. One thing i may have fk'd up is gave them a shot of 9-3-6 dyna as i have downward clawing and slow growth. I am still feeding by hand couple times a day. Looks like nitrogen but the shot was 400ppm, i mean jeeze. Anyhow confusing language from the one pheno looking more indy. Trying to maintain the vpd but when i'm sweating them they curl more so right now i'm going back to cooler until i figure this out. since i have read you saying calmag in coco is just how it is even though should be ok at 5.3 going in but straight coco is my first time. At this moment i flushed the shit out if them about a week ago and kept watering as needed with r/o and not a flaw in color but clawing on the one pheno and slow with all of them, well they are dark so the flaw. My question is could the claw although nitrogen typical be a cal defficiency or possible P. I use to read you and the clown back in the day along with noone and always wanted to try the trees but was a 1gal table kind of guy because of my height but now i gotter all and trying little trees. Have run a couple already hand bombing 5gal hempy's but my end result was a bit black. Alot of nice size i turned into concentrate because. I had a co2 at night issue because of flip and salt build up i figure because of the wet/dry coco cut with perelite. The co2 thingy i have dealt with, with the 8" positive pressure autopilot awesome controller, highly recommended boyz. But with all the goodies i am suckin ass WTF! Lol appreciate your time bud if you got it. I can shoot ya pic if need be. I just started given the gh 800 5.3 and cooled down which drops it all of coarse, i got the foggers but they should be able to handle it now, which they have been not transpiring the way they should for 70 plus r/h. They are cool but filling up when it get's up there and start to close up. Wet legs and arms?? Obviously not an issue for you
Hey bro.....too many questions for this thread so start one and I`ll be glad to answer as best I can.....

Peace....DHF.........

Old 10-15-2017, 08:02 PM #15
datal4b

yo dhF,

the detailed breakdown of info is much appreciated. you make it easy to digest Sir, thank you.

i got them vegging under t5 now for a few days.

they're not looking too happy w/ me, got anything to ease the pain..? the settings right now are a 1.5min feed once a day, air gap 4", temp 78f, rh 50%, t5's about 2' away. the feed dishes are heavy as hell, saturated. they don't seem overwatered though. i checked the pH and its 5.8

thinking its maybe from 1.1ec feed needs a bit of acclimation?

maybe you're seeing something im not.

good day to you
datal4b is offline Quote

Old 10-15-2017, 08:06 PM #16
datal4b

forgot pics

datal4b is offline Quote

Old 10-17-2017, 05:49 PM #17
DunHav`nFun

Yeah bro , you got some issues.....First off ....get the drip ring away from the mainstem and keep the juice away from it at all times to prevent fusarium/stem rot ....next....

Slow down the feed and let em grow some legs , and drop the lights down closer once they come back , but you`ve got magnesium lockout somehow or another from the interveinal chlorosis and new growth coming out yellow , so it may be due to overwatering or your base nute makeup....

All the PPK guys are using Jack`s hydro 5-12-26 plus Calcium Nitrate with no issues to speak of bro....anyways.....maybe someone else will chime in with some help I`m not seeing.....I ran a single bastardized PPK unit once with 50% chunky perlite and 50% Napa 8822 floor dry with GH nutes cuz it`s all I had access to.....and it worked well....but....

I ve grown a hydro plant or 2 in my day although I wish D9 was around since this is his shit and I`m so sure he could be of more help than me on feed sequences and nutrient ratios.....anyways...

Let em snap outta their funk and start building new foliage and laterals and they`ll get back on track....regardless....Good luck and.....

Peace....DHF.........

Last edited by DunHav`nFun; 10-17-2017 at 06:54 PM..
DunHav`nFun is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:22 PM #18
bloyd

bloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nice
You should be watering every 90 min 24/7 around 1/2 gallon per pulse. You can't full flood the turface perlite combo or your perlite will float and any fines will sink and likely clog the tailpiece. I would pull plants out and remix media equally make sure tailpiece is free flowing. Mane sure their isn't a perlite sludge blockage. The reflectix mulch cover also helps a lot.

Your media is to dry and concentrating salts with your current feast famine watering technique. Your perlite is a little on the large side so with a 50/50 mix I would guess your afp is 40+% meaning it will need frequent feeding.
bloyd is online now Quote

Old 10-17-2017, 07:46 PM #19
DunHav`nFun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloyd View Post
You should be watering every 90 min 24/7 around 1/2 gallon per pulse. You can't full flood the turface perlite combo or your perlite will float and any fines will sink and likely clog the tailpiece. I would pull plants out and remix media equally make sure tailpiece is free flowing. Mane sure their isn't a perlite sludge blockage. The reflectix mulch cover also helps a lot.

Your media is to dry and concentrating salts with your current feast famine watering technique. Your perlite is a little on the large side so with a 50/50 mix I would guess your afp is 40+% meaning it will need frequent feeding.
Thanks for the help.....gets me out of it if you say they`re too dry , but I thought it was a qt every 90 mins.....anyways....

Peace....DHF.........

Old 10-18-2017, 02:41 AM #20
datal4b

yo guys,

pulled each feed pan and hand watered, drainage is good. i went ahead and just watered the whole pans to saturation. i have a feeling my mix has a lot of perlite, when i mixed it i did equal handfuls of perlite then turface and mixed. wondering if that was improper technique? i dug down into all the sites and it's distributed well. changed the schedule as recommended.

appreciate the info, hoping it corrects the issue
datal4b is offline Quote