What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

show off your rosin, who's got the best?

G

Gr33nSanta

1st , I squeeze the puck just enough that I can feel the parchment paper is well anchored in place from the press, just enough that I can't move the parchment paper. Then I wait.

2nd, kinda of what it looks like just before I start pressing

3rd, notice the air bubbles, they almost look like resin heads!!?

4th, first press, this where I say I am not too greedy, as soon as I have enough to collect I start over on a clean parchment paper in case of a blow out I will not have to start from scratch

G

Gr33nSanta

1st, 5 press in total to clean that dirty flower rosin, I take it slow, up until the 4 press, the needle on the gauge did not move a bit, so it's way different then pressing flower. When you press hash or clean dirty flower rosin, you got go really slow and use hardly any pressure.

2nd pic are the flowers I pressed and got more yield, the Memory Loss, those were lower pop corn buds,... this strain yields very well.\

3rd pic is some rosin made from bubble hash, comes out way darker so far, I am hoping we can figure out a way to dry and process our water hash to rosin before it has time to oxidize without having to buy a freeze drier.

4th spacebomb again, this strain is going to be great for rosin!

G

Gr33nSanta

1st, the first press from cleaning the dirty flower rosin

2nd, getting ready, got a new dab rig from a urban smoke shop

Last edited:
G

Gr33nSanta

So I am done with the pics, thank you so much everyone, I hope this thread will help people and I hope we can keep it going and keep improving our rosins, we are in the infancy of rosin, even though I don't think it has a bright future for the commercial operation, I think it has a bright future for the mom and pop.

Finally, here is how I go (for now) from bubble hash to rosin,

for the most part I use a lot of newspaper when I make water hash and I use the newspaper to absorb a lot of the water out of the hash

then I take the hash to the press (without heat) and press the hash in parchment paper to squeeze the water out, I have to go through 3 ish parchment papers because they get so wet.

the final squeeze I make sure the patty is really really thin to help the hash dry faster

I have not tried to dry it for very long as I have very little material to work with and I am very impatient, I have made it instantly, but I have also made the rosin the next morning so the thin patty of hash had an overnighter to dry.

If I make it with fresh bubble without drying it overnight but simply using the press to squeeze the water out, I have noticed that is sizzles at first when I dab it like some water is still trap in the rosin somehow but then it gets better after a few days.

well I am not even sure of any this because I am too new at it.

hey I cant decide who's got the best yet but I know I can do better! can you?

Last edited:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

My favourite part about this forum is the advanced software that spins mobile pictures for you.

picture.php

Last edited:
G

Gr33nSanta

Nice pucks Mikell!!

First 2 pics, CBDQ6 ((Senora Ampero X Pennywise) X BCD) X Skylotus) pressed flower, not cleaned, no screen.

The last 3 pics was made with CBDQ7, its almost all gone but thats some of the strongest punch in the face pleasant high rosin I made.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

PDX Dopesmoker

Rosin pressed from high quality kief. We're having some difficulty with particulates, but the pressing technique will be tuned in soon enough. Its kind of waxy taffy with a bit of snap, not unlike a piece of Mary Jane candy.
5GRADER.jpg

Near shatter constancy from water extracted hash on one strain…
hKxspUN.jpg

…but the stuff with Sour Diesel in it, also from water hash, comes up soft & sticky
Ll973wr.jpg

So I guess the reputation that SourD has for producing softer extracts carries over to the rosin world?

G

Gr33nSanta

Great! thanks for sharing. I finally made some fairly pale water hash rosin.

For the particulates, anytime I have ''dirty'' rosin, it goes in a pile, when there is enough of it I mix it up (depending on the strains) and simply re-run it through coffee filters.

I started using 2 layers of coffee filters as opposed to 3, I find I do not get blowouts if I am patient and let the heat do it's thing for a min or 2 (82 celcius - 180 F)

Next for me is I harvested a plant I was not so happy with, or did not care for it (second round on a clone I was not planning to re run whatsoever) I chopped it into small pieces along the stems, removed the fan leaves and froze it right away.

Im gonna make so water hash with fresh frozen buds, quick dry overnight and then make the rosin. I ll post pics. Keep it up amigo!

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How did you dry your hash to preserve colour?

I pressed some tan and it came out black as fuck. I remove any runs with enough contaminate to stand out from the best.

I am going to try cold drying again soon.

Seriously thinking of eating air for awhile and buying a Harvest Right.

Pressed some Yesterday's Paper bubble from some outdoor. If I stand the parchment up and come back in a few hours it has dripped down. Tastes like bloody hash followed by Paper (apple caramel jam).

G

Gr33nSanta

How did you dry your hash to preserve colour?

I pressed some tan and it came out black as fuck. I remove any runs with enough contaminate to stand out from the best.

I am going to try cold drying again soon.

Seriously thinking of eating air for awhile and buying a Harvest Right.

Pressed some Yesterday's Paper bubble from some outdoor. If I stand the parchment up and come back in a few hours it has dripped down. Tastes like bloody hash followed by Paper (apple caramel jam).
I know my harvest right is several months away if not years. I was thinking though if I do buy one I might lease space in it haha.

seriously, Im gonna make a couple more batch and see how good it can get without the harvest right first.

one way that I go about drying my hash works great but can ruin your bags or in my case biodesiel filters (http://www.dudadiesel.com/search.php?query=ez+strainer they make a pack of 5 that looks designed for hash lol, 25,55,75,100,200 ) is to start with a lot of newspapers, before I scoop the hash out of the bag or filter, I let it rest on a small pile of newspaper, there is a sweetspot to be found, but dont leave it too long because you won't be able to scoop the hash out or ruin the bag trying.

I pretty much dip the filters in ISO between each run because jump starting the drying process on the newspapers clogs the holes.

Also I have several filters, so I can keep making hash while the hash sit on the newspaper, propably around 10 min on the newspaper is where its at for now. I also replace the now wet newspaper once, so 5min, swap the paper and another 5 min. I go through a lot of newspaper when I make hash now, lol.

I am not worried about contaminants from the newspaper (ink or what have you in the paper) because it really is a one way thing, nothing goes towards the hash, only water being pulled out...

When I scoop the hash out, I put in a parchment paper in thin layer or crumbled and simply leave it out like that where I dry my buds. The parchment paper will also absorb leftover moisture, so if I did not dry enough on the newspaper I might have to swap the parchment paper too.

12-24 hours later and its ready to press. Im gonna try with fresh frozen and see if this method works for that too.

I just snapped a couple pics with my phone, and btw, i fucked up with this patty because it fell on the floor lol, I am not recleaning it though, not for smoking anyway, it will go in topical cream.

G

Gr33nSanta

Fresh frozen buds water hash rosin. If you skip the time the buds were in the freezer, I went from harvesting the plant to rosin in less than 2 hours. Yield sucked, I can do so much better with the water hash. did a couple mistakes... just gotta dab it now see if it sizzles, probably, I have it in the freezer now but I had to swap the parchment paper like 3 times since I pressed it.

also, this was the best stuff, have not pressed any of the second wash or lower grade. I letting the rest dry out properly I was just in a hurry to try a little bit right away, I mean this is getting pretty close to live resin rosin no?
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

... just gotta dab it now see if it sizzles, probably,....

It does sizzle, so def water in it, what a taste and high though, I am really stoked that I can transform water hash in this type of rosin.

Can't wait to see if that rosin will oxidize or not, or it might be gone too soon to know!!

I also made a batch of hash with dry trim that I will let the hash dry and see if I can make a nice clear product.

I have more ideas on how to improve, nothing is going to beat what can be done with a freeze drier but I really want to see how good it can get without one.

G

Gr33nSanta

Some people seem to be into freezing & microplaning their wet water hash before drying it out

If I had a walkin freezer I would totally do it this way, but my house is pretty warm in general I have had mixed results with microplaning, my tool gets all gummed up and it really does not work well for me at this point.

Nice find on those filters BTW, they look a lot easier to clean out than bubble bags.

yes I really like them, but I like bubble bags too. I go back and forth. You need multiple sets because the water really does not drain out fast and you cant squeeze the water out the same way you can with bubble bags, nor shake the hell out of them.

I like that they are cheap and if you have enough of them and a big work space they can work better than bubble bags.

For sure I like to use the 200 microns biodiesel filter over the bubble bags. That one never gets clogged. The 100 micron too. Then bubble bags.

G

Gr33nSanta

hey if not too late I think this thread should be more picture oriented, and keep the chit chat for the sticky rosin thread. I know Ive been the loud mouth , but from now on...

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
How about we get back on track? How about a dab of this Strawberry Blue rosin I pressed out. It's not quite shatter, but is stable at room temperature.
picture.php

Boooong Riiiip!

G

Gr33nSanta

Breakfast dabs, freshly squished flowers, strawberry sour diesel and some house strain. Sorry phone pictures,... this is as fire as rosin can get I think, from squishing flowers anyway...

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

My best water hash rosin so far, it is so stable. I think I picked up a couple tricks out of bubbleman's wake and bake #8 on youtube.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php