What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Your favorites?

I've got a few soil grows under my belt and made myself a couple 3.5 gallon dwc buckets. I need some of yalls favorites so I can do my research lol

amanda88

420giveaway
Anything Bomb should satisfy

an old Auto by now

and is being bred into anything 'green' by those bomb guys

very stable and does what it says on the 'tin'

cheers/

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anything Bomb should satisfy

an old Auto by now

and is being bred into anything 'green' by those bomb guys

very stable and does what it says on the 'tin'

cheers/

Agree w/ Amanda.
So many autos, some little time.
depends on what you enjoy from photoperiod sisters.

From fruity, colors, the sativa thc's and indica's chill.....there's many autos to choose from for indoor/outdoor.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Too many to try them all so when I find one I like I stop.

Only had to try 15 strains before coming across Blackberry Kush (Dutch Passion), it turns black and smells like berries. Potency is OK, size is medium (two ounces), and the time is 80 days. It is the one for me.
Five of them harvested so far, I have a veg area with an auto flower perpetual section.

I saw a seedbank advertisement mentioning 6,000 strains. I am halfway to 100, a long long long way to go.

Post up people, we need lots more opinions from people who have grown many auto flower strains.

I've grown Diesel Ryder. And make more seeds every year.Really like the taste, But these things are stanky. Neighbors always comment on smell. The high is good. Growth wise they are all over the place we have large ones 3-4 feet and small ones that don't get over 2 feet.

Now I'm looking for something low odor to plant gorilla style in the woods by the cottage. Going to use it them mostly for hash. So I'd love to hear some suggestion on this topic. Who are considered the best auto-breeders? What are your favorite auto strains? What do the grow like? How much do they smell? How was the smoke and hash you got from the?

Vesnican

I have good experience with Cream Caramel auto by Sweet Seeds. Many of their successful AF strains are derived from it. Taste and smell Forest honey to spice. Pleasant relaxing high. Out in 20l pot, doesn't need much feed, harvest 30g of dry material with no training.

ODF

Only tried DieselRyder. Taste was good and they stank. Potency was ok with a pleasant high.

Also got tall ones and short ones. Had some problems with budrot and mildew on a few of them so maybe not run em if you are in a humid place.

Never been disappointed with Mephisto, and I've grown 10-15 strains of theirs. I can't say that for any other breeders stuff I've ran. But ya Fastbuds, Sweet, Dutch Passion all have some really good stuff, and some disappointing. I don't roll the dice anymore, just drop Mephisto and have no worries. Plus they have the BEST customer service, hook you the f up with freebies, and in the US no customs to sweat. I have no desire to go anywhere else.

Mr Jay

Veteran
I'm Auto Oldschool, so I love my MI5. I have never once been disappointed by MI5. One of the phenotypes that pops out is some of the best pot I have ever smoked in my life, taste like lemon berries and is so sticky it's difficult to trim. I may have a picture around here somewhere...
picture.php

Two gallon sack with TLO soil. 240w flowering LED, blackstar.

ODF

Hey Mr Jay, that looks sick! Buds all over. How much did you get from that plant in that setup and how long do they go? I've never done autos indoor but a man can change, right?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice one, MrJay....there are numerous good strains out there and not just from one breeder.

Mr Jay

Veteran
Hey Mr Jay, that looks sick! Buds all over. How much did you get from that plant in that setup and how long do they go? I've never done autos indoor but a man can change, right?

65-75 days, give or take depending on conditions. This was a long time ago, but I recall it being an ounce.

These genetics are from a while back. Stitch said he was going to rework MI5, then kinda dropped off the ego map. Not sure if it's still the same genetic line, but I'm willing to bet it is. MI5 isn't what I'd call entirely stable, there are a few different phenotypes in there. This phenotype is heavy on the AK, just the way I like it.

The good news about that is you can work MI5 to your preference within a couple of generations. I often cross other autos to MI5 as it's a great breeder. My favorite auto of all time is MI5 x Mossy's Jems that I brought to F2. That's a project I'll be picking up again soon.

If you're going to pick up growing autos, make sure to do a bunch of reading on them as their requirements are different. They are very sensitive to nutes so go 1/8 to 1/4 of bottle recommendation to start, then work your way up. Don't start them in hot/super soil. They don't like being transplanted, I get better results by starting in the final pots. Don't look at them funny, it might hurt their feelings. Other than that, they are rock solid and I love em!:biggrin:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They are very sensitive to nutes so go 1/8 to 1/4 of bottle recommendation to start, then work your way up. Don't start them in hot/super soil. True. Jiffy pots are not a good idea to use in germination.

ana koret

Just trying 4 varieties and the best for me is Pineapple Express from Barneys Farm. Short 60-70 cm. I cut around 60 days for a quite stimulating effect. Not big production, around 25 grams. I like it, in my backyard for three years.

DJbigbud

Mephisto every day of the week and twice on sunday, they are miles ahead of every other auto breeder out there right now and it shows in their products. Order direct and get wicked freebies, often as good or better than what you were ordering in the first place!

Latest posts

Latest posts