What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
I used aero cloners forever and a day & everything has to be on point , or they can be problematic ...I've since switched to with Rapid Rooters with great success ...soak the plugs in ph balanced water that has nutes , take your cuts dip in cloning gel put in the tray (no dome needed , just mist occasionally) under florescent light not too bright , make sure the room is warm , but not too warm & you're good to go ...you can almost set it & forget it & its a totally independent system View Image

These are the kind of roots you can expect 7 to 10 days (depends on strain) >>>

View Image

I like the 2.0 she's just about as potent as you can get , but she's couch lock so be forewarned , also i found she requires a LOT of defoliation , you really need to let the light in with her , here's what she did for me the last time i held her >>>

View Image

View Image

Damn dude... awesome for sure.....if for some reason you would happen to have a leftover or something.... Just remember you can always blast one off to the FLA.... :woohoo:

I’m about to harvest a 2.0 tomorrow :woohoo: I’ve been running her for a while. I’m gonna do one more of her and replace her spot with the Gelato 33. Still gonna hold on to her though. And star is right, she’s pretty darn potent!

I finally got a sunset sherbet in veg. Man this bitch just doesn’t like me. Lol. For me she’s been real temperamental. She doesn’t want food, she wants food, TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT!! Hahaha! I got her lookin good in veg right now. Gonna clone off of that one and replace the one I have as a mom.

Also just put my first Loompas Headband in veg today. Really excited about this one. :good:

Damn VP.... what's good with ya buddy,sent ya a PM a little ways ago,...never heard back from ya....???

hahahhahahhahaha.

first. the 2.0 is no joke & one of my top 5 all time favorite cuts.

second. open my front door to grab 100 rapid rooters (i love them over root riots even) from the mailbox & a bald eagle is flying low to the ground eye level with my door opening.

was awesome.

rooters.
cannabis.
eagles.

was blasting a rosin coated nugget just before the mail came... chimpmints rosin... cant say thanks bro enough !!!!

blue steel :
View Image

UG....Damn dude,that sounds awesome......for sure,man....... top 5!!!!!!

Ok...who wants to hook a friend up,on the east coast.....?????...LOL
I can show whoever a decent time.......haha
I do love some pinball.,.... :whee:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hammers flashbang cut
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I've cloned using rapid rooters before, infact that's all i've used so far spare a few rockwool macro plugs i used once. Sometimes i was successful cloning, but most times i've had issues. See, a lot of people say to go with aero cloners while a lot of other people say they hate them and use the regular rapid rooter method(s) instead. I just figure i might as well atleast try out an aero cloner and see if it helps at all.

OrgAeroMan & Hammerhead - Thanks for the info guys, i definitely will try building one. I took pictures of all the fittings, little net pots, hoses, valves, gaskets, etc. that i got from that guy, and i'm assuming atleast some of these pieces would be useful. There are also some steel braided hoses and a bunch of 5 gallon buckets he included that i didn't take pictures of. I also would like to make a compost tea brewer at some point but not sure exactly how to build one either. OrgAeroMan, you said i need a gasket sealed lid for the bucket, but where can i get one and will they work on any regular 5 gallon bucket?

Yeah, but it has to be black, so light doesn't get in to the roots. You have some good stuff there that you can use, too. The three 3/4" T fittings, I misspoke earlier when I said you only needed 1. I'll get a pic of my manifold, it's pretty self-explanatory. I think my pump is an Active Aqua 285gph. You can take it all apart for cleaning if you need too. Think it was like $25 or so.
Thanks!
Oops!

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
There is a rubber gasket under my thumb in the underside of the lid shot. Heat and contaminants are going to be your biggest adversaries with these types of systems. What you gain in success rates, you pay for in maintenance and sterilization. Worth it to me, but it's not for everyone.

Attachments

• 1570675446097718171409.jpg
    1570675446097718171409.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 1570675472467715256399.jpg
    1570675472467715256399.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 15706755570161799506432.jpg
    15706755570161799506432.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 4

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I put my older son to work pressing bud rosin for me. Its going fast for good coin. My buds aren't even cured yet, and Ive got other growers, grabbing both. Real fuelly phenos this run.

I mostly made teas this run, so very low overhead.
Ive got about 1800 lbs of lumber and supplies loaded up in the trailer. The tools and saws will go in the cab. Fuel, supplies and tools in the bed. I hope my truck will pull it. It does have a tow package and special low gear rear end. I guess Ill find out. We leave early tomorrow morning.

We have power loss warnings in my county, so I just prepped the house/ dog sitter on the generator use, and the solar Battery bank just in case. Ive got two chest freezers and a fridge I don't want to find hot when I get home.... :D

The property is out of range for internet, and about a half a bar for occasional phone use with constant disconnects, so Ill see you in a couple days or so. Have fun!

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
That looks like quite the run, Dr., glad to hear things are going well! Do you press the buds wet, or dry them first?

Has anyone used one of those portable washing machines to make bubble? Seems a lot easier than breaking my girlfriend's hand mixer all the time. I've snapped and welded the beaters a few times already:)

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Always press dry.

Even when making Live Rosin from fresh frozen buds, the hash has to be dried first
Weve got a 20 or 30 gallon washer, and I also have a mini that's about 5. Its a pretty little thing, and it works great

We are loading the last few things into the truck now. My younger son spent most of the night cleaning Sherbet. He has 7 lbs sold as soon as its ready. I think we have about 7 or so cleaners that have already requested to do the manicure work. Some are some real hotties. I told my older son he better get his brother some rubbers. He has been up there in the woods alone for months.

Ill see you in a couple days!

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Holy moly, I didn't realize that he was up there alone! Damn, I feel bad for those girls. You have to let the beast out of its cage at least twice a week, or poison will build up in your brain! In the words of the late great Chris Farley, "I know by experience, dude! " Probably 99% of the reason I have a girlfriend. Much more dignified than having to sit, lay down and roll over for strange at the bar.
With a little practice, you can learn to tune out the high pitched whine of your dishwasher.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
That looks like quite the run, Dr., glad to hear things are going well! Do you press the buds wet, or dry them first?

Has anyone used one of those portable washing machines to make bubble? Seems a lot easier than breaking my girlfriend's hand mixer all the time. I've snapped and welded the beaters a few times already:)

Use a bucket, cordless drill and a paint mixer.

I'm going the Gumby route on a bunch.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Holy moly, I didn't realize that he was up there alone! Damn, I feel bad for those girls. You have to let the beast out of its cage at least twice a week, or poison will build up in your brain! In the words of the late great Chris Farley, "I know by experience, dude! " Probably 99% of the reason I have a girlfriend. Much more dignified than having to sit, lay down and roll over for strange at the bar.
With a little practice, you can learn to tune out the high pitched whine of your dishwasher.

If your dishwasher starts to whine you should just sell it.

I use a 7 gallon washer.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

one of these days i need to get one of those bubble washers...sure makes it easy...easier than hand stirring with a whisk anyway...

supposed to drop into the 40's tonight...hopefully it will kill the last of the skeeters who seem to adore my ankles like they are coated in mosquito spanish fly or something...

gotta check the hanging plants today and see where they are at drying wise...could be trimming in the morning...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cherry cookies in the 1000w hps tent...

picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]