What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mothers - What You Got thread!

"HEMPEROR"

here,s how i keep my 22 mothers tent:tiphat:
picture.php

Last edited:

GlandualFever

Super Silver x Widow - clone - source unknown! (Currently rejuvenating in the sun)

The Cure - My selection,super peppery head rush haze! (Currently rejuvenating in the sun)

Shit x Afghan Haze - keeper selected from seed - (banana/cherry flavours)

Tracey - Casey Jones x Widow - keeper from a Seedsman freebie - ("Hazelnut flavour)

Super Lemon haze - clone - more super than lemon haze - on dying legs after PM attack (easily replaced)

White G13 HP - my selection - Purpling Pheno 8 week pheno!

The Rhino - 56 day/ apparently over 15 years old - awaiting its imminent return!
The Jack Herrer - Clone from NL orgin, also apparently very old. awaiting its imminent return!
Strawberry Banana - Reserva Privada - selected from seed by a pal.

Question is, what is the criteria for keeping a mother. Hardest part is knowing what to keep. Suppose all have own reasons for decisions made. But it would be interesting to know what defines a keeper in your eyes.

"HEMPEROR"

dont know anyone else,s but my criteria i grow and keep wot ppl ask for simples. 90% livers with 1 or 2 new strains threw in per crop and i slowly work my way down them! still got 14 of the above^^^ waiting in the wings but in 15 years of growing i havent found a replacement for livers yet! doubt i will, chiesels getting some good reviews tho and cherry ak supposed to be a gooden so my search continues.. no-one asked for blue meanie again.

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Question is, what is the criteria for keeping a mother. Hardest part is knowing what to keep. Suppose all have own reasons for decisions made. But it would be interesting to know what defines a keeper in your eyes.

The one that gets smoked up first!

Peace

GlandualFever

The one that gets smoked up first!

Peace

See Piff Im a lil different, I like to save the best till last, coz i subconsciously dont want it to finish I suppose. So whatever is the last bud in the jar s usually my fav.....

For me, I'd say the quality of the end product is paramount, as well as plant hardiness... I cant deal with temperamental bitches. I dont care what that booty or the face looks like, no ass is worth the headache...lol

Like this Shit x Afghan Haze- wasnt gonna keep her, but upon noticing her lack of PM, when almost everything else in spitting range was devastated by the PM, she climbed the ranks unscathed and is now being mothered!

"HEMPEROR"

Tidy, I like it :) Have to hand water though? I can't be arsed with that. I just pop my head in to the tent once or twice a week to check rez and growth. Hard trim for cuts/bin every few weeks :)

yeh i dont let them get any bigger and cut back the roots once a month plus there under 150w so i feed them twice a week. i can just about manage that lol:tiphat:

Billy Liar

At the minute I'm hand watering in coco pots which is a bit of a ball ache as they transpire quite a lot in my mother area, so I have bought a Wilma to put 10 of the best into. I'm just deciding on medium, but am drawn to a 50/50 mix of clay/rw cellmax, and the main plant in a 6" rw block, pump = 15 on/45 off or something.

Peace
BL

"HEMPEROR"

At the minute I'm hand watering in coco pots which is a bit of a ball ache as they transpire quite a lot in my mother area, so I have bought a Wilma to put 10 of the best into. I'm just deciding on medium, but am drawn to a 50/50 mix of clay/rw cellmax, and the main plant in a 6" rw block, pump = 15 on/45 off or something.

Peace
BL

inch of clay pebbles in the top of the pot stops transpiring.:tiphat:
rockwool ime is better in flood and drain systems rather than drip.
coco 60/40 is the better option but all work to varying degrees.

kg beans

here at kgb hq motherstock
casey jones (trues cut)
xxx og (orgn kid)
livers
blues
blue dream
nelly
cheese briteside,suicide
psychosis
psycho diesel
chocolate cheese
chemmy jones
amnesia core
gg4
stardawg illuminati
nl5 (neon)
sssdh (ojd)
ddh (kgb)
psychosis bx1 (yeilding pheno)
sour d (riri)
bubblegum (slard)
peyote 12
wd40
cherry slyder
critical mass (bilbao)
chemdawg DD(everlast) **** to keep in veg believe me!!
chem D
blueberry crumble/dj roadkill
all the rest are various crosses tht ive done just known as numbers lol!!..:biggrin:

Last edited:

zamzia

Veteran
I've ditched The White. Did a run and just wasn't floating my boat. Ditched PsychoD too. Think Blue Meanie is on the way out too. Hoping to replace her with Livers...

E

Elev8

i just got the livers, bubblegum,cherry ak and chiesel, as well as a few high cbd cuts i grabbed for my bro this morning. hope there as nice as they look. cheerz king, top bloke:) . see you back soon.

Last edited: