What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pinkie Pie

bf80255

I know, but neem oil some times doesn't work alone, you wrote insecticidal soap, which kind of soap? Yersterday, i read an article about the use of marseille soap with cannabis, but i'm not convinced. ;) i think that the hands are the best method but you should be very patient to remove each caterpillar.

Bayer brand insecticidal soap

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marseille_soap
thats just hand soap lol :)

yes I agree the hands are indispensable tools for organic growers.

@roostahphish
Exactly! artificial selections are fine but at the end of the day mother nature is the ultimate breeder and if she rejects it then.... its gotta go, sorry! :D

mahps

Bayer brand insecticidal soap

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marseille_soap
thats just hand soap lol :)

yes I agree the hands are indispensable tools for organic growers.

@roostahphish
Exactly! artificial selections are fine but at the end of the day mother nature is the ultimate breeder and if she rejects it then.... its gotta go, sorry! :D

I found similar post on icmag about the use of marseille soap with weed anyway to use marseille soap with plants:
Grandma's recipe (ops don't eat it!)
Marseille Soap melts about 100 grams in 1 liter of distilled water ... then you should take 2 garlic along with an onion then you whisk everything, you filter everything and you add the solution with Marseille soap .... put everything in a vaporizer and psssssssssssssss ttt pssstttt on infested plants by aphids. What do u think?

bf80255

I found similar post on icmag about the use of marseille soap with weed anyway to use marseille soap with plants:
Grandma's recipe (ops don't eat it!)
Marseille Soap melts about 100 grams in 1 liter of distilled water ... then you should take 2 garlic along with an onion then you whisk everything, you filter everything and you add the solution with Marseille soap .... put everything in a vaporizer and psssssssssssssss ttt pssstttt on infested plants by aphids. What do u think?

ahhh I see, yea that sounds like it could work pretty well as an organic pesticide. :)
I also have a fairly reliable cure for soft bodies like aphids (habanero reduction)

bf80255

Pulled all the seed moms from the 3 original totes yesterday and seeds have begun drying.

The 2 totes holding the A1-P and B1(6)x A1 F6 are doing well and ive moved 2 or 3 girls apart in the A1-P tote and have removed 1 plant from the B1xA1 that appeared to be photo responsive since it has yet to show sex and is the second largest so ive moved it into a 1 gallon pot to wait and see.

The other 2 totes A1-Ch and A1-Ci F6
have broken soil and are about to start taking off.

yesterday was 100 and the day prior was 106 again but summer has peaked and is now in decline in my part of the world.

You can already see in the B1(6)xA1 tote a juggernaut of a female really outpacing every other seedling in this batch

I rotate these totes every 2 days and swap positions with each other once a week to ensure even growth. I also water with a water can which is very rough on seedlings but weeds out weaklings and increases stem strength overall.

I will be replacing the 3 emptied totes with F6 beans from my A3-S, B3-S, B3xA1and A3xB1

004.jpg

007.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

mahps

Pulled all the seed moms from the 3 original totes yesterday and seeds have begun drying.

The 2 totes holding the A1-P and B1(6)x A1 F6 are doing well and ive moved 2 or 3 girls apart in the A1-P tote and have removed 1 plant from the B1xA1 that appeared to be photo responsive since it has yet to show sex and is the second largest so ive moved it into a 1 gallon pot to wait and see.

The other 2 totes A1-Ch and A1-Ci F6
have broken soil and are about to start taking off.

yesterday was 100 and the day prior was 106 again but summer has peaked and is now in decline in my part of the world.

You can already see in the B1(6)xA1 tote a juggernaut of a female really outpacing every other seedling in this batch

I rotate these totes every 2 days and swap positions with each other once a week to ensure even growth. I also water with a water can which is very rough on seedlings but weeds out weaklings and increases stem strength overall.

I will be replacing the 3 emptied totes with F6 beans from my A3-S, B3-S, B3xA1and A3xB1

View attachment 327258

View attachment 327259

View attachment 327260

View attachment 327261

View attachment 327262

Ehy Man can you resize the photos? There will be a pretty quickly read! Bye ;)

bf80255

Update
First concrete sign of pink pistils in the A1-P. 3 plants so far

Pink pistil plants have all been dark purple, highly resinous and pink pistiled.... every one!

Many of the plants are starting to catch up to the others and the canopies are evening out a bit.
just a reminder, these totes are for me to have as large a population in as small a space as possible so I can select favorable traits with a higher degree of accuracy and ensure genetic stability in my future generations.

008.jpg

009.jpg

017.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Spraying with chile/chili (capsaicin) water 4:1 water/capsaicin and spray, or water in....that rids lots of crawlers, worms, insects.

bf80255

Spraying with chile/chili (capsaicin) water 4:1 water/capsaicin and spray, or water in....that rids lots of crawlers, worms, insects.

Thanx for the tip aridbud :)
I use habanero peppers simmered in water for about 30-45 minutes (or until it makes your eyes water) let cool and spray with a standard spray bottle for any soft body infestations. So far all ive had on these beauties is a couple of thrips, nothing a little smashing cant fix and if they get out of control ill have to get some spinosad because the habanero reduction doesnt really work as well on them for some reason.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you just spraying? It takes a day or two, watering as well as spraying. Perhaps your concoction is too weak? Whatever works....that's the key.

mahps

sure! how do I do that?.... lol

You should open your photos album and select the photos you want to publish. There you will get a screen that shows the photo below and find two strings of code. Select the second and copy it.

Paste the code into the post that you are writing. That's it, bye

bf80255

Are you just spraying? It takes a day or two, watering as well as spraying. Perhaps your concoction is too weak? Whatever works....that's the key.

no why would I be spraying? I dont like to just spray chemicals on my plants even organic ones, no need to kill off the hidden micro world that lives in, on and around my plants unless its harming them and all ive got atm are a couple thrips which some spinosad should annihilate with ease.

@mahps then I would have to add all my pics to my album first, sorry I dont want to spend a bunch of time doing pointless tasks, ill just have to keep them the same size :/

@Kips0n thanks bruddah, yeah on the dark purple plants the calyx start out deep purple, the light purp can start out streaked with purple or plain green.

bf80255

The majority of the A1-P appear to be producing pink pistils or are about to except for 3 or 4 smaller green plants.

they have also begun to produce the resin my A line is known for.

A1-P population has individuals that have all of the qualities I have been trying to lock down within Pinkie Pie which means I am no more than 2 generations from completing my first set of goals with this strain!!!!

027.jpg

028.jpg

024.jpg

012.jpg

020.jpg

bf80255

the ones that were slow to color are now pinking up.
I find it interesting to note that even within the pink phenotype there are multiple sub phenos of bright pink pistilled plants- purple pistil plants- blood red pistil plants, this excites the hell out of me because it means I have a lot more work ahead of me but I can have some really unique and refined lines as a result of all this variation.

019.jpg

024.jpg

013.jpg

007.jpg

018.jpg

bf80255

Selected, Tagged and Pollinated the females that most accurately fit my goals for Pinkie Pie the best 5 from the A1-P and best 6 from D1 to be pollinated. 3 males used on the D1 and 2 on the A1-P because the most prolific male started throwing pistils so he was culled

marked the A1-P by height and whether they were highly resinous or not, color of bud and color of pistils.

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

bf80255

Tote update
A1-P
pollen seems to have taken since 3 days after the pistils began to recede and fade to orange on all the spots I hit.

Still minimal pest damage.

019.jpg

023.jpg

029.jpg

032.jpg

034.jpg

bf80255

Tote update
D1
Very vigorous light purple-dark purple plants (nice aroma)

I was never 100% sure if crossing 2 lines that I made from the same cross would be effective in restoring heterosis to the strain but the D1 tote is full of really strong growers and all are about double the size of the pure A1-P tote.

this big ass juggernaut plant I really like If I could have 6 of these in 1 tote that would be a pretty optimal setup for yielding outdoors during the summer (for free) So she will definitely be having a line formed after her.

035.jpg

039.jpg

038.jpg

041.jpg

040.jpg

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great work!! I noticed those autos we tried with color (red and purple hues) were small in stature compared to counterparts of white, AK, etc. or other auto strains. Potent, yet not large plants.

Did you experience similar?