What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pinkie Pie

bf80255

Caterpillars are all over the place!!! im not going to spray though I want to find the particular plants that put off the least appealing blend of terps and work that into a more pest resistant line.

A1 X B1 solid purple plants have now begun to display pink pistils

B1 F6 tote has developed a light purple on every plant

B1 F5 still recouping from getting dropped last week

021.jpg

017.jpg

022.jpg

024.jpg

026.jpg

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Beautiful, I really prefer running autos to pulling tarps myself. And those little tote beds are great. The only downside is that I only have one line to work with. There are banks that offer auto selections were I am from but there have been a lot of fake seeds/banks in our area lately. Luckily the seeds I have are regular not fems. The way our numbers system works out here the autos really give us the ability of that early harvest without pulling tarps, while having our full season plants vegging near by. Anywho, real pretty keep it up!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
found another intersex female in the TD X PPA1 tote (all 3 intersex females have come from this line) Was able to remove it before it opened up any balls but I spread it open a bit for picture taking purposes.

Finding hermis is a good thing, I dont want this trait around in my lines so I stress the fuck out of all my girls and cull with rigorous standards I have an absolute zero tolerance policy for hermis.

Hermy traits are tricky to deal with and can return in future generations.

Our own preference, definite male or female characteristics, not "intersexed".

To each their own.

Sorry to hear of the mini calamities ...dogs, dropping totes, caterpillars. Yikes! Hopefully better finish ahead!

bf80255

yea autos are great arent they? :)

yes its a very complex trait

thanks for the support bro, these caterpillars are really slammin me hard haha

something local growers have to deal with every year though, hopefully pinkie gets stronger and stronger deterrents to them and local growers can use less pesticides, maybe just wishful thinking :D

dogs will be dogs :/ just glad these are for seed and not for bud or id be hurting, that tote is still recovering.

bf80255

TD X PP Update

3 or 4 displaying pink pistils.

almost every plant of any line that display pink pistils are dark purple budded plants.... hmmmm.....

003.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

bf80255

whittled down the males to just 1-3 per pot and only the most vigorous/frosty males were allowed to reproduce, I also had to remove some green males from my A1 X B1 as I am electing towards dark purple in this line (pink pistils seem to correlate). Pollen was shaken into sandwich baggies and applied to just about every plant, it was hard finding viable pistils on a lot of them because the caterpillars are causing spots of necrosis all over my plants, I used a Qtip to apply the pollen and 1 or 2 from each tote that I selected as "superior" have been Extra pollinated and will be marked for special handling during harvest.

stupid caterpillars keep coming in droves! Im keeping them in check but they are persistent!

Jesus H. Kush

006.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

001.jpg

bf80255

seeds are starting to form up on a few plants, caterpillars continue to eat away big chunks of bud but they seem to be handling it well enough.

the TDxPP are taking the brunt of the damage and huge sections of plants have been lopped off by big fat monster caterpillars >:/

colors are coming in nicely on most of the pure PP

023.jpg

038.jpg

032.jpg

027.jpg

021.jpg

bf80255

Update on the new totes
growing very well and I spotted myy first few males in the bunch today.
ive included pics of 3 seperate males in case anyone needs help identifying males early on :)

these are pure A1 (pink pistil)
and B1xA1 (6 dark purple B1 moms+1 big A1 daddy)

002.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Have you considered using some of the light weight insect cover made for gardening to help alleviate the caterpillar problem. They hardly block any intensity. And you would only need a small amount to cover each tote. We made it into like a box.

mahps

Hi, if you have the possibility to buy Succes Bayer Natria Bio, buy this because it works very well with caterpillars!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shade cloth a better alternative to chemical....just my few pennies of experience.

bf80255

Have you considered using some of the light weight insect cover made for gardening to help alleviate the caterpillar problem. They hardly block any intensity. And you would only need a small amount to cover each tote. We made it into like a box.

that's a great idea ill have to remember that! thanks :)
not trying to stop the caterpillars in the original 3 totes because I want to see which plants are the most and lest appealing to them.

bf80255

Hi, if you have the possibility to buy Succes Bayer Natria Bio, buy this because it works very well with caterpillars!
I appreciate the tip bruthah but the only insecticides I use are neem, (organic) insecticidal soap, beneficial predators and my hands :D

@aridbud I totally agree, no need to use harsh chems when you can just eliminate the issue in the first place.

mahps

I appreciate the tip bruthah but the only insecticides I use are neem, (organic) insecticidal soap, beneficial predators and my hands :D

@aridbud I totally agree, no need to use harsh chems when you can just eliminate the issue in the first place.

I know, but neem oil some times doesn't work alone, you wrote insecticidal soap, which kind of soap? Yersterday, i read an article about the use of marseille soap with cannabis, but i'm not convinced. ;) i think that the hands are the best method but you should be very patient to remove each caterpillar.

bf80255

Tote Update!

most bud growth has slowed dramatically in favor of seed development, as is expected, only a week or 2 to go before these seeds can be harvested and I can make some hash :p

The TD took almost all of the major damage from the caterpillars while the A1xB1 remain largely uneaten.

first 2 pics are A1xB1 the rest are TDxPP

010.jpg

012.jpg

020.jpg

026.jpg

028.jpg

bf80255

2nd Tote Update

went through and culled a bunch of males and a few weak growing plants from these 2 groups

also pulled aside and save 3 studs from the A1xB1 population and 4 from the A1-P for pollination

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts