What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SOUR DUBBLE INFO THREAD

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So is this where GG#4 gets them huge fans with foot long stems?

The big leaves come from the sour Bubble. Sdubb doesn't have very long Petioles or leaves. I have seen much larger.

Legend of sour dub, Thats why i did this....

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=300679

I got some with a 2 month cure or so I should do another update.

Tony does that have Sour Bubble or Sour Dubble. Sour Dubb has Very different terpenes than Sour Bub.. Sour Dubble is like none other.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well it is hard for me to get stuff usually where i am so the chances of me getting sour dubb was remote so I tried to do what I could to do a similar version in the spirit of sour dubb. My project was sssdh x sour bubble. Mine doesnt smoke like or taste like sour bubble. It tastes wayy more hazy or inky like, really almost like the way pen ink taste with a mustyness to it heh. and not so sour, not what I was expecting but different in a nice way. Potency is on point.

The ssdh i used was s1 of ojds cut he gifted me. Selected from rez gear? The sour dubb has some similarities in looks to my little project.

Can anyone describe the sour dubb taste?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I cant describe her flav/Aroma...She is some of the best tasting canna I have had since the 80's.. She is def super special..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sour Dubb s1# 6 my fav of the s1 so far. . The main stem on her is solid no flex at all. stiff as a board. Many of these and the gg#4 s1 have big stocks. This plant was topped 1x. With the tight slow growth multiple toppings is not a good idea.

picture.php

picture.php

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I usually took her 70 days...greyskull knows I hate bringing anything down before ready...but if there was ever a cut I didn't mind taking as early as 55 its dubb...and its because the taste and smell of finished 55 day is significantly stronger...or as the kids say...louder...hella louder for those in the bay...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol I agree I'm the same 70 days is what I take most down at. If its not ready I wont just chop her. She needs to be at least 100% cloudy heads. for me to take down. I'm still gonna take some samples at 60. I can then report back what I thought. ..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like poppin new shit. Gonna let her dry a week before I pop it. I only found 1 seeds so far...There was hardly any pollen left in the container when I applied to the stem Calyx's..

Rosetta Stone x Sour Dubble-r:D :D:D
picture.php

thewhitelotus

Veteran
"Hella Vegas Kids Say Hella" was the name of a song that a local punk band in vegas used to perform about 15-20 years ago! Your post reminded me of that subrob!

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I HEART YOU HAMMERHEAD (aka PF)
great thread.

I don't know about the cash thing
maybe i do... it wasn't supposed to be shared so maybe cash (as is "this plant grows cash") was put around her neck for a short time. that would make sense.
but when i got it from the homie, it was simply "Sour Diesel x Sour Bubble BX3"
not until hanging out in the kitchen at subrob's did we start thinking about giving the plant an identity.
Caligreen came up with the Sour Dubble... a nod to San Diego. And San Diego's Finest.

I found her best pulled at 8 fucking weeks - she will reek and will retain the most flavor
and the high is fun as fuck
the later you go the more aroma and unique flavor you lose
it will be smooth and feel great, but the extra lock you obtain aint worth it in my experience.
JUST SMOKE MORE GREAT TASTING POT hahahaha.

Here's some pics of when i was running her in SoCal....
57 days in coco
View ImageView ImageView ImageView ImageView Image

Aloha

Ya greyskull thats what i was inferring to... i knew i was half right bout the cash thing... that was way way back... i grow dubb on n off many times... never could get her yields up to par... dont know how many times i swore i wouldn't grow her again but always bring her back cause the smoke cant be beat... she is that good... and if my homie who grows her religiously stops she will be back in my spot but as long as i can get a jar ill let him grow it... i like her 60 days she is a fast girl fastest sour plant ive seen... ..

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Rosetta stone x dubb sounds amazing... one single perfect seed... the perfect beginning to the next legend..,

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Sour Double is one of those cuts I have been quietly researching.To find out not many breeders are working with her. Very cool you have a cut.
I have not seen many others with the cut either.
I heard the Rez/bog pollen situation but I could not remember if it was the S-Double conception.

Cool Thread

whiteberrieS

Veteran
This surely contributes to the lack of breeding with her too.

Bog, remake the sour dub! Get those beans to the masses.

All the conjecture. If even PurpFrost has to take the word of mouth explanation of SourDubble, you guys should realize Bog has said many times that people call his Sour LSD "Sour Dubble" so while the clone may be from his initial beans aka "Sour Dubble" clone, 1 of 4 beans as stated, everyone might want to check out his Sour LSD line, cuz the shit is heavy and stinky. Gonna cross a SourLSD male with one of his Bogglegums next. Might call her StankyPounder.

I am indeed a fan of Bog's work. If you're not you've never sown his beans.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WB, The point your making is not clear. This is a Sour Dubble thread. I have grown LSD that's not even close to Sour Dubble. Sdubb is a true 1 off plant.

BOGS CLONE IS SOUR BUBBLE....... This clone is Sour Dubble found by Caligreen. There not the same.

Last edited:

Cannavore

Veteran
i've never seen bog confirm what greyskull has said about the dubb, or even say the beans were from him. it's almost like he fucked up and let some special beans out that weren't supposed to and his damage control is to ignore it and say it's his Sour LSD.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is a post BOG made on the farm. No mention of LSD. posted in 2014..

It was my Sour Bubble x NYCD cross that was then called Sour Dubble. I never released that cross but I did let greyskull I believe have some of those first cross seeds.

I still have some I think. It was named sour Dubble because he wasn't sure if it was ESCD or NYCD so that's all the confusion was about.(wrong)

I don't think REZ spread any false rumor about this but he could have thought it was his ESCD in that cross but actually it was Soma NYCD and my SB. We can show how GG 4 was bred in a new thread.

whiteberrieS

Veteran
I've talked to Greyskull, he said that his friend said that Bog said "The best weed you'll ever find is in there." Out of those 4 beans. Correct me if I'm wrong Greyskull. I was talking about the clone Greyskull's friend found. Granted, that makes it a one-off. Like an awesome car built by an awesome dude. But subsequently I've heard Bog say that the SourLSD has the same shit in it as the SourDubb...I've heard people that aren't Bog say he used Rez pollen, so idfk, dfc. SourLSD makes big ass colas.

Given the availability, people should check that out. If not, they can pass on it. I'll buy it all if it's still in stock. Livin life. One bean pack at a time.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From what I understand. GS buddy got the seeds. It was GS, SR, CaliGreen(maybe others) that grew these seeds out. It was GS that released her to the community

All the correct info is posted here. BOG posted in 2005 he was offered ECSD pollen from rez. Did he get it is the question?. its all posted here. No mention of LSD

Posted by BOG in 2005
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The thought had occurred to me. Diesel interested me a long time ago because of the punch it had for a sativa. It has a real body high as well as the great head high that makes your eyes cross. ECSD tastes better and has all of the sativa high for certain making it a superb strain.

Crossing the two strains sounds like fun but I think some people misunderstand the friendship REZ and I share. This wouldn't be a business deal as you all might imagine. REZ has offerred me his pollen once before with nothing asked in return. He has a wonderful bank of genetics that I saw when we first got to know each other.

My true love of all his strains is the Killer Queen and that is the strain I would love to have a big jar of as well as ECSD. Thanks REZ for showing why we love you man.
biggrin.gif

I would really love some Killer Queen seeds and some good ECSD pollen. Hope you know that you are the only person besides Soma that I would be willing to send anything I have including my sour bubble clone.

Comrades no matter what is what I told Gypsy. Business is bullshit but we can change the world for the better before we move on to the next.

I will name it BOG Double Sour and REZ could do his version of the same thing at the same time if he likes. We dont compete with each other though.

That's for the rest of them. BOG

All this info is fact checked by posts BOG made. The Rumor it being ECSD started from BOG not rez or any other person. .
[/FONT]

Last edited: