What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Two Quick Kief Questions

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
I have been searching all day on this site and other sites and have not yet struck pay-dirt regarding these two basic, newbie questions regarding kief and cooking...

My intention is to make cannabutter with kief for baking, etc.

1) How long does the kief have to simmer in the coconut oil before absorption? Is there a way to know when it's done or is all the powder simply dissolved (and absorbed)? My sense is that the process only takes a few minutes but I wanted to confirm from those who have experience.

2) I intend to bake. I'm thinking that there is no need to do a decarb on the hash before hand but -again- I thought I'd confirm.

I appreciate your patience and help in guidance. Thanks in advance.

Protea

I'm no expert but I have done tie few times. And I think you are right. Just let it desolve in butter or oil then you can bake

That's what I have done with good results before

Latest posts

Latest posts