What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

jimmy cooks

J

JimmyRow

My "cooking oil" is starting to pile up so I guess its time to bang out some edibles.
I've been on hiatus from the kitchen for a couple years, so I'm a bit rusty, but plan on turning out some quality products. I will do my best to keep y'all in the know.

picture.php

Today's batch

J

JimmyRow

peach/ ginger pates de fruits

peach/ ginger pates de fruits

We have some folks coming over tomorrow for the holiday, so I'm putting some canna snacks together to keep everyone in the mood (to watch movies)

I cook with qwet for the most part, and usually decarb as I need it. I use .05g/average dose. And typically add .25g+/- to account for loss.

Today i made some pates de fruits.

Recipe 35 doses
2g cannabis oil (35/.05=1.8)
1 cup peach ginger puree(homemade)
1cup sugar
1.5 tbsp sugar (separate)
3/4 tbsp. Pectin
2 oz. Lt corn syrup
1 tsp lemon juice

1. Decarb oil @252 f
picture.php

Just in to the oil bath

2. Add corn syrup into qwet after decarb. and whisk well, combination won't emulsify, but will carry the oil to aid in even distribution
picture.php

3. Bring puree to a simmer and whisk in pectin and 1.5 tbsp sugar (previously mixed). Return to simmer and begin adding 1c sugar. Once boiling add corn syrup mixture and lemon juice. Stir frequently until mixture reaches 230 f.
Pour mixture into a 5x7 dish lined w/ parchment.

4. Let candy cool and portion into 35-36 portions then toss in sugar before serving.
picture.php
picture.php

I have found this to be an equivalent dose to about a 25 mg store bought.

J

JimmyRow

nice knife...candies look sweet too

Thanks man, my wife and the chef I was working for went in on it for my b-day one year-pretty good gift. Its my baby, my last sous called it my chive knife, he said that's all i'd use it for. Not much of an exaggeration.
Have a great weekend.

Kushed_

Those look good. I also cook w/QWET. I am making cookies right now. The recipe makes 35 smaller cookies. I am using 3 grams of hash into 1 stick ghee. Baking w/hash tastes so good!

J

JimmyRow

Nice. My wife doesnt like getting real high, so I try to keep them easy.
The flavor is much better than plant material.
Cheers.
Have a good one!