Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedbay > Seedbay Private Breeders > VerdantGreen > Bubba Kush S1s: Info and grow-along

Thread Title Search
Click to visit The Vault Cannabis Seed Store
Bubba Kush S1s: Info and grow-along Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2012, 08:38 PM #1
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
Bubba Kush S1s: Info and grow-along

These seeds, my first 'private breeder' offering, were made by reversing the Pre-98 Bubba Kush clone with colloidal silver. The pollen was collected and another plant of the Pre-98 Bubba was pollinated. The bubba is one of my favourite smokes, very satisfying, a real earthy, coffee, slightly spicy aroma/taste and a high that is relaxing and thought-provoking. Most people take it about 9 weeks although the window is more like 8-10. Yields are moderate but quite high for a real 'kush type' broadleaf/indica plant.
Bubba is said to be reasonably true breeding so the S1s should be fairly uniform whilst offering subtle variations. Recently I read that TomHill has ditched his Pre-98 bubba for an S1 of the cut that is called the 'Bombthreat' - nice to know that there is the possibility of something even better than the original from these S1 seeds.
The making of the seeds was documented in my 'low wattage' thread linked in my sig.

I did a small germination test of 4 seeds all of which came up -
here they are 5 days ago, the difference in height was caused by some seedlings being under brighter light than others i think...

and here they are today, they were repotted into some ferted soil today too.

the 40 x 5 packs that i sent in sold within a couple of hours and i would like to thank everyone for the support, and say sorry to those who were disappointed. As you will see below, more seeds are hopefully on the way.

anyone who bought seeds and has pics can post them here, or post your own thread in the forum, or post a link here to your grow diary. im really excited to see what comes up!

here's a pre-98 bubba cut that i vegged earlier
this was flipped to 12/12 today and will be pollinated for more seeds. ive vegged it up pretty big and hopefully i can get a better yield of seeds this time

cheers

VG

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:10 PM #2
analogue

analogue has a spectacular aura aboutanalogue has a spectacular aura aboutanalogue has a spectacular aura aboutanalogue has a spectacular aura aboutanalogue has a spectacular aura about
nice wings on the seedlings - wig out!

thanks for your work on this.
analogue is offline Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:22 PM #3
heady blunts
prescription blunts

heady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant future
aw man i totally missed this!

VG, friend, please keep in in the loop?

<3.F.U.C.K.E.M.F.A.M.<3
heady blunts is offline Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:23 PM #4
RudeDog

RudeDog is a name known to allRudeDog is a name known to allRudeDog is a name known to allRudeDog is a name known to allRudeDog is a name known to allRudeDog is a name known to allRudeDog is a name known to allRudeDog is a name known to allRudeDog is a name known to allRudeDog is a name known to allRudeDog is a name known to all
Beautiful looking plant VG...

Bottom right seedling looks a chunky girl.

Careful with that spliff Eugine, it causes condensation.
RudeDog is offline Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:41 AM #5
vonforne

Sweeeeeet VG! I will sprout mine as soon as they arrive. Plants are looking good and if there is a better one than Bubba to find I am sure it is in your work.

Front seat!!

Old 06-28-2012, 01:30 AM #6
Kant C Shyt

Kant C Shyt is a name known to allKant C Shyt is a name known to allKant C Shyt is a name known to allKant C Shyt is a name known to allKant C Shyt is a name known to allKant C Shyt is a name known to allKant C Shyt is a name known to allKant C Shyt is a name known to allKant C Shyt is a name known to allKant C Shyt is a name known to allKant C Shyt is a name known to all
Hey VerdantGreen, pulling up a seat to this one. Definately let me know when your releasing more of these, just missed em when they dropped. Always wanted to check out some Bubba Kush and try that coffee tasting kush. Take care 1
Kant C Shyt is offline Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:25 AM #7
GP73LPC
Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/Bean Gatherer

GP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud of
GP73LPC is offline Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:34 AM #8
ellinho

ellinho is a jewel in the roughellinho is a jewel in the roughellinho is a jewel in the roughellinho is a jewel in the roughellinho is a jewel in the roughellinho is a jewel in the rough
interesting indeed! tagged!
ellinho is offline Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:31 AM #9
dasher65

dasher65 is a jewel in the roughdasher65 is a jewel in the roughdasher65 is a jewel in the roughdasher65 is a jewel in the roughdasher65 is a jewel in the roughdasher65 is a jewel in the rough
Tagged.

Pissed off at missing the last drop...time difference here sucks big time!!!

For my sake (& everyone elses) I hope you get a bumper crop of seeds for the next drop.

Good luck
dasher65 is offline Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:20 PM #10
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
thanks guys.
some more pics from today. definitely some variation showing up. pics are a little underexposed but you get the idea
these two look pretty similar

3rd one

4th one

VG

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote