Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Micro Grows > Blynx's 1 sqft CFL cab & other CFL micro cabs

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Herbies Seeds
Blynx's 1 sqft CFL cab & other CFL micro cabs Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2010, 02:30 AM #11
Strangely

Strangely will become famous soon enough
This is like a 'Best of' Blynx or compilation album! Good stuff.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:23 AM #12
blynx
WALSTIB

blynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud of
Here's the beginning of the 8th round in the 1sq ft cfl cab.

I had a bunch of slightly overgrown plants in 3" pots, so I chose some to throw into the 1sq ft cab, and here they are.

I transplanted them to larger containers

Day 00 Veg

The plants were vegged for 4 days, then thrown into flower

Day 00 Flower

blynx is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:29 AM #13
blynx
WALSTIB

blynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud of
Here are the plants after a week of flowering. They are really starting to throw out lots of new growth.

Day 07 Flower

Since the plants were decent sized to begin with, the new growth is already up to the lights, so I had to supercrop all the plants.

Here they are after supercropping.

Day 07 Flower (after supercropping)

First week down, nine more to go!
blynx is offline Quote

Old 10-05-2010, 08:47 AM #14
PanchoBuddah

PanchoBuddah will become famous soon enough
Great workmanship with the micro cabs blynx!! I love seeing peeps building useful and rewarding growing cabs out of used, recycled cabinets... Much kudos!
Streets are uneven when you're down
- Jim Morrison, The Doors.

The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.
- Chinese fortune cookie
PanchoBuddah is offline Quote

Old 10-05-2010, 03:09 PM #15
sideshow1

sideshow1 is on a distinguished road
2 questions:

1. How does venting in from the bottom work? I was thinking about doing this, but also was thinking that putting the pots over the holes in the bottom would greatly reduce airflow. I am also considering SoG so this may either help me or hurt me if I choose to vent from the bottom.

2. How big of pots are you using? I am working in a semi tight space and like the looks of your pot size. They look homemade though. Enlighten please?

Good stuff.
sideshow1 is offline Quote

Old 10-05-2010, 04:23 PM #16
blynx
WALSTIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshow1 View Post
2 questions:

1. How does venting in from the bottom work? I was thinking about doing this, but also was thinking that putting the pots over the holes in the bottom would greatly reduce airflow. I am also considering SoG so this may either help me or hurt me if I choose to vent from the bottom.

2. How big of pots are you using? I am working in a semi tight space and like the looks of your pot size. They look homemade though. Enlighten please?

Good stuff.
There is a fan on the top of the cabs. This draws air in through the holes in the bottom, passes it through the cab, then out holes in the top of the cab, to the fan/blower.

I use screen/wire cooking racks, to raise the pots off the floor of the cab. They are not sitting on the holes blocking airflow.

I mostly use 1 gal cardboard goldfish cracker boxes. If you tape up the edges and seam, they last many rounds. If you don't tape them up, they are good for a round, but I wouldn't use them for a 2nd round.

The C99 BX1 I have going is in a 2gal nursery pot.
blynx is offline Quote

Old 10-05-2010, 05:11 PM #17
Ernie420

Ernie420 is on a distinguished road
I see you have a cab about the same size as mine. I hope a get yeilds like yours.

Anyways I see you have used LEDs , Did you like them ? Will you use them again? Sorry if youve already answered these questions.

Im going to have to try the goldfish container , I should be able to get more in the cab with square pots.
Ernie420 is offline Quote

Old 10-05-2010, 05:17 PM #18
coloradomedical
I r So silly!

coloradomedical will become famous soon enoughcoloradomedical will become famous soon enough
Good stuff mate, great ideas for all around in the micro section.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:24 PM #19
blynx
WALSTIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie420 View Post
I see you have a cab about the same size as mine. I hope a get yeilds like yours.

Anyways I see you have used LEDs , Did you like them ? Will you use them again? Sorry if youve already answered these questions.

Im going to have to try the goldfish container , I should be able to get more in the cab with square pots.
The LEDs were ok. I use them somewhat to veg. I still plan on making a scrog for the cab the unit is in and running another round in it. Just haven't gotten around to it yet, prolly this winter sometime.
blynx is offline Quote

Old 10-05-2010, 05:49 PM #20
blynx
WALSTIB

Here's the C99 BX1 that I've got going in the 11"x11" cfl cab.

She went in at this size and got no veg time.

I didn't document the beginning, but I had to do a lot of supercropping because the C99 grows so fast in early flowering.

Here she is 2 weeks into flower

C99 Bx1

Day 14 Flower

Here she is a week later at the end of three weeks of flowering.

C99 BX1

Day 21 Flower

She appears to be done stretching and now the buds should start filling out.
blynx is offline Quote