What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Grow 2020

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
What sort of benefit do you get from defoliating and to what extent do you do so?

I've always thought that removing leaves was entirely an indoor thing?

The only defoliating I do is removing some of the lowest and inner most leaves. And then during flowering I might snip a leaf or two here & there if they are blocking a bud from getting sunlight most of the day.

You summed up exactly what I was doing. I cleaned the bottoms and took the inner most leaves just to get better air. I know the argument of sun panels and photosynthesis. In my experience letting it get too thick on the inside gives bugs more places to hide and can promote fungus/mold. I will defoliate in flower all throughout a little at a time though to get sunlight into budsites and am always cleaning the inside to help with airflow.

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
Hit them again today with Green Cure. Cape Cod is one big traffic jam today. Forget dealing with it.
Hopefully tomorrow I can get our dog to the vet and still make it to a grow shop.

View Image

I grew a shitload of dope in Orleans around 2015 2016 time...Fucking loved it there.
I wonder if I've met you, wouldn't that be a trip
I know a few other guy's on the cape that share that skill set

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I grew a shitload of dope in Orleans around 2015 2016 time...Fucking loved it there.
I wonder if I've met you, wouldn't that be a trip
I know a few other guy's on the cape that share that skill set

It's a small world. I stay pretty low and out of the local grow shops. The grow is just for me and a couple of friends. It will end up with 12 flowering plants. That's good enough. After sexing them I'll give away the extras. Orleans and further out is the best part of the cape. Only problem is the traffic.

That was good advice on the fungus. It's getting under control pretty quick.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I haven't been to Cape Cod since the 80's..
I saw lots of places there that looked good for growing..

While I was there I went shopping in Provincetown for antiques, and I accidentally dropped my wallet outside of a small shop...
So I kicked it down the street 'til I got to Truro...

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I haven't been to Cape Cod since the 80's..
I saw lots of places there that looked good for growing..

While I was there I went shopping in Provincetown for antiques, and I accidentally dropped my wallet outside of a small shop...
So I kicked it down the street 'til I got to Truro...

Not trying to be a dick or some woke ass liberal but let's try to stick to growing in this thread :tiphat:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Not trying to be a dick or some woke ass liberal but let's try to stick to growing in this thread :tiphat:

OK man, no prob...
sorry it's not in Mass.

picture.php

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
No worries Bud, that is some serious vegetation there :plant grow: how did you deal with air circulation as the plants seem pretty close to each other. How much did you lose at harvest if any?

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
The plants are actually more airy than they look..

I usually lose about 1/4 to 1/2 lb. to bud rot caused by caterpillars..

But that has gotten less over the years due to me putting bird feeders and bird houses in and around the hideout.

Best bug protection and preventive I've ever used.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
OG, I sprayed the Serenade three times in late afternoons to avoid burn. It's almost cleared up the spots and the leaves have a good shine. I used the max recommended. Great product!

You summed up exactly what I was doing. I cleaned the bottoms and took the inner most leaves just to get better air. I know the argument of sun panels and photosynthesis. In my experience letting it get too thick on the inside gives bugs more places to hide and can promote fungus/mold. I will defoliate in flower all throughout a little at a time though to get sunlight into budsites and am always cleaning the inside to help with airflow.

I hear ya.

Yea some people defoliate pretty extensively or lolly-pop far up the stalks....but I just clear out the lower and inner parts a bit and then during flowering I keep things from getting cluttered/blocking bud sites.

Right on...Have a good grow!

kritios

But that has gotten less over the years due to me putting bird feeders and bird houses in and around the hideout.

Best bug protection and preventive I've ever used.

I hadn't really thought of this until I saw you post about it a few months back-its a good tip.

I've been watching the birds go to town on the bugs in my garden this year. Robins turn up the mulched paths hunting for slugs too. I'll always take free helpers!

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I hadn't really thought of this until I saw you post about it a few months back-its a good tip.

I've been watching the birds go to town on the bugs in my garden this year. Robins turn up the mulched paths hunting for slugs too. I'll always take free helpers!

Really good idea.

40degsouth

Hi everyone, l hope you’re all well
and don’t forget bats, you can set up a colony very easily with second hand materials and even collect the guano.
Micro bats are the night shift.
Cheers,

NENugger

Here's my crew just starting to grow after sexing and up potting.

All but one plant Purple Satellite fr ACE are crosses I made in the past 3 years.
Banghi Haze x Queen Mother/ Purple Satellite
picture.php

BH x QM/ Purple Bud
picture.php

Purple Bud
picture.php

Last edited:

dufous

Mandala's Satori and Jake's Romulan in Swamp Tubes. Indoors from seed April 06, planted out May 30. Lost one Romulan to a Raccoon digging out the compost. No sign of beavers this year, they chopped two last season. Looks like a good year, with minimal losses, so far.

Attachments

• 001 Satori.jpg
    001 Satori.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 002 Romulan View A.jpg
    002 Romulan View A.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 003 Romulan View B.jpg
    003 Romulan View B.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 004 Romulan.jpg
    004 Romulan.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 14

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Got some trimming done today. The bigger plants are starting starting to get allot of small shoots down low and in the middle. Worthless fans blocking light from potentially good tops too. When I get going too fast with those scissors, bad things happen.

Plant growth is unbelievable this time of year. I top them constantly so they bush out and don't out grow the house. I'm thinking 8 week plants should be starting flower mode pretty soon.

80 degrees and 95% humidity.

dufous

Great to hear your grow is doing well. It's incredible how fast they grow in July. My sense is that flowering is triggered the second or third week of July. I am usually culling males from pre-flowers beginning the last week of July or the first week of August.

Plant growth is unbelievable this time of year. I top them constantly so they bush out and don't out grow the house. I'm thinking 8 week plants should be starting flower mode pretty soon..

NENugger

Mandala's Satori and Jake's Romulan in Swamp Tubes. Indoors from seed April 06, planted out May 30. Lost one Romulan to a Raccoon digging out the compost. No sign of beavers this year, they chopped two last season. Looks like a good year, with minimal losses, so far.

Looking forward to see how they turn out, especailly the Romulan..

Plant are doing well. :plant grow:

Latest posts

Latest posts