What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

`

brickweeder

got it.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...STS should have a standard ratio and protocol for mixing stock.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The only way we will know for sure is testing.
fangq[/FONT]

I generally use the SA protocol for mixing up my stock, then I dilute that with distilled water by at least double.

Sometimes, I get a black silver precipitate when I add the NO3 solution to the TS solution, but diluting and shaking puts it back into solution. I also sometimes use about 1/2 of the NO3 solution than the SA protocol calls for which prevents the formation of the silver precipitate, and which puts the Ag-TS ratio in the 1:8 ballpark (compared to the SA 1:4 ratio).

Someone earlier noted that the concentration to use depends on the strain, and I have found that to be true. Some strains require much more dilution to prevent the the leaf burn and/or for the male pods to open on their own.

Also, as a note, I haven't had much luck reversing with colloidal silver alone, but have found STS to be much more reliable and predictable when trying to time the reversal and pollen release with a certain level of female flower development. But for me, STS reversals usually takes longer than I plan/want, and I end up having to keep the gals around for several weeks longer to ensure seed maturity. Most of my STS reversal have taken between 4-5 weeks before I had usable pollen, so it is generally not a fast process.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
I found icmag's search function pretty lame.

Search for silver nitrate, by so and so author, or not, as threads or as posts. Maybe many people have recipes but don't want to provide their unpaid research to commercial entities.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sigma-Aldritch labeled page:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] STS Silver Thiosulfate – Plant Tissue Culture Protocol.[/FONT]

Ok, so THAT's where the mixup is. *sheesh* I too stopped in for the "plant tissue culture protocol", in connection with STS. The page you're quoting is incorrectly titled/labeled. Plant tissue culture is a completely different subject. My first thought was some odd feminizing procedure with the tissue, but that's apparently not the case.

You're dessicating and storing your pollen for later, yes? :tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sigma-Aldritch[/FONT][/FONT] are providing the ratio and procedure for STS stock.
There is no other scientific info, for any other chemical effect/ratio.
My apologies, I'm confused.

Could you please add one more statement to put these two in context? You have two statements here which do not make sense to me as an answer.

Latest posts

Latest posts