What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mauritius sativa

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
hi lasko,

very nice plants ! good idea to grow them indoor !

actually zamal doesn t mean ganja in french... it seems it s a common way to call the local sativas in french and some other pacific islands.

the autoflowering of these plants is quite interesting...
i think those plants are not used to get much sun light exposition time differences during the year, so the only way of flowering is auto flowering.

i ve seen that in the carribean, which is almost 12/12 all year long. all the plants i ve seen were flowering straight away outdoor, dutch and local. but the local strains use their 30/40 and more weeks flowering to get decent yield. and they seems to have been used to flower without photoperiod change...

but i m pretty sure pacific island do not have the same photoperiod all year long, and they have different "seasons" for the herb unlike the carribean.

i ve always wondered about getting an autoflowering sativa, almost pure, which could be grown anywhere as she would start autoflowering straight away, and the chop time could be chosen... could be amazing ! good luck with that mate !

also in australia, north, i know they have can set up to 3 outdoor grow a year...

keep the good job bro !

+++

lasko

Welcome titoon
Tnx for useful info. Its sure pure sativa but we will see for autoflower, for me its not a bad idea to get a autoflower sativa strain that finished in 5 months :D lets hope for the best :D

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
I put it "little" wrong by referring into fields :redface: He talked about maintained bush type of plots, not open fields, as you may have understood..

Like I said he is most dedicated pot head I know, but he doesnt know nothing about growing :D So I cannot talk about that af trait at all..

His father has growed some fine sativa nugs over here, but is very strict & religious old crumpy man who doesnt gift seeds, not even to his son, co´s he doesnt share same opinions as pops. I have never seen these plants live, but have smoked some nice nugs! Many of them had iiny, tiiny, tiny seed starts at them, but not single ripe seed, which makes me think that local "strain" has pulled some nanners and pollinated the crop with mediocre pollen?? Could be the case when bringing equatorial strains indoors :chin: At least taking note the nearby islands, Reunion for example produce lot´s of hermie plants :chin:

Great to see ya´Titoon :wave: Good to have you in this thread since you have travelled in those part´s & smoked some special sativa´s, Víva Lá Sativa´s :woohoo:

lasko

I put it "little" wrong by referring into fields :redface: He talked about maintained bush type of plots, not open fields, as you may have understood..

That is the same info i have - plants finished there as small bushes, but i see potencial to grow big trees :yoinks:

White Rabbit

Digging in the garden
ICMag Donor
great stuff bro... ;-)
Sativas are sometimes grown in the most mystical places... Some African Sativas gives one a "spiritual" stone. Intense on the mind.
WR

C

coxswain

How do those beautis smell Lasko?
Did you sample the fastest one yet? :D

lasko

I have polinated girls with a boy and hope for some viable seeds :D to spread the love around. Today i will pollinate dc and ptk to get f1 hibrid that might end in our outdoor conditions.
I found out that is not autoflower as cuts growing normal under 20/4 MH reveged in a week or two
Cox i havent sampled it yet maybe in next two three months ahahahhaha the fastest :D
Smell its not strong atm some fruty carrots

respect bros

rhytmo

Nice sativas you have there. Looking pretty exotic...hmm why?:)

Do you have any idea how long she is gonna take to mature?

lasko

No rhytmo i have no idea :D pics are from 8th week, and the fastest one at least 8 weeks more, other two IMO 1-2 months more maybe more, we will see :D

Plants are still in 1,5l pots, i was thinking about transplanting them in 4l pots, but im afraid they will explode, im not shure what to do

Smiler

I got married in there a few years ago, the plants grew tall (6ft+) in between the sugar cane where we were, I got a small bit from a beach vendor, called himself omar shirif, john wayne or del boy, dependent on your accent, lol.

Very clear up high buzz, made me do loads of beach stuff.

Good luck, I'm jealous.

C

coxswain

No rhytmo i have no idea :D pics are from 8th week, and the fastest one at least 8 weeks more, other two IMO 1-2 months more maybe more, we will see :D

Plants are still in 1,5l pots, i was thinking about transplanting them in 4l pots, but im afraid they will explode, im not shure what to do

Put the fastest one in a bigger pot and see ... :)

rhytmo

Sure looks like it's gonna take a while before they finish.:D

I would put them into bigger pots and if they explode on growth you can always tie them down.

Gonna be watching this closely.
I bet you are in for a treat when those beauties finish!

lasko

Rhytmo im not goin away, just hope to have enoug patience to let them finish :D normaly more than 8 weeks make me nervous :D