What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HGO's Vertical Coco RTW Grow With 2 Stacked 600's

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Damn, damn and more damn!!! :joint: must smell awesome when you unzip that tent bro! Everything is looking very tasty :tiphat: Thanks for the update.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Stoked you are running Sour Diesel, it is my current favorite med... My next round of ECSD is going nuts! 3 weeks into flower and they are as tall as me, and I am 6'2". They should stretch for another 10 days or so, based on last run. This is my best run yet I think.
Good stuff bro!

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
That's better .... the top lamp wasn't wasted, look at the tops and the denser lower growth, good work my man :tiphat:

Good to see a KT with so many big side buds and all fat, which means solid in KT :woohoo::woohoo:

Remember 8 weeks ago when they were 'fucked'?

BD:joint::joint:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
šunka-maslo;5037573 said:
Wow the 4SD and Sour Diesel are awesome!!

How are the smell on them ?

Thanks for the pics bro'

Thanks sunka, I'm not impressed with the smell of the Sour Diesel, when rubbed it doesn't have much of a smell, if I could describe it I would have to say a very faint lavender aroma but she has solid long dense buds so I'm happy. The 4SD also has dense nugs but they are larger than the SD, the 4SD is going to be a very good yielder from what I can see and she also stinks a lot more than the SDIBL. The lights come on shortly and I'll get a proper description of her smell for ya then bro.

my goodness dude!

you make fat buds!!

Thanks August, at one stage the plants were near going into the bin lol but the plants came back kicking, gotta love the speed of coco multi feeds. Good to see ya, :thumbsup:

beautifull HGO! man theres no mistakin' SD...i ran her once and looked just like that. Fat buds indeed!

Thanks Bonzo, I have to agree, SD is unmistakeable, Rezdog did a really great job on her for sure. Big thank you and vibez to rez whever he is.

lookin proper homie, looks like youve been keep the girls happy, take care talk soon

Thanks man, the girls have had it ruff but they have been doing good now for a lil while. Talk soon.

Hey bro, your 4sd is Awesome
nice calix and resinous
love the bud structure :tiphat:

sd look like delicious too
full vibes.

Welcome to the party sto, the 4SD is a real gem, she stinks and has a great yield. Full vibez buddy.

Damn, damn and more damn!!! must smell awesome when you unzip that tent bro! Everything is looking very tasty :tiphat: Thanks for the update.

Thanks bro, to be honest I can't smell a thing lol the extraction is on full boot since my intake fan went tits up, of all the plants though I reckon that the KarmaTrains are the strongest smelling, powh they smell so damn good, like a fresh pack of opal fruits left out in the hot sun for a few hours.

Stoked you are running Sour Diesel, it is my current favorite med... My next round of ECSD is going nuts! 3 weeks into flower and they are as tall as me, and I am 6'2". They should stretch for another 10 days or so, based on last run. This is my best run yet I think.
Good stuff bro!

Thanks Arminius, the Sour Diesel isn't ECSD but a pheno from Rezdog pack although I have the devil harvest krew cut of ECSD in veg now along side the Riri cut of SDIBL, I won't get a chance to run them next time unfortunately but fingers crossed for the next grow. Your ECSD girls sound crazy lol, are you training them at all? :thumbsup:

OMG.....(I need about 4 minutes alone time.............and a rag)

LMFAO, oi don't be doing that over my precious girls ha!

sweeeeeeet. your hard has payed off big time, congratzz

Thanks bro I'm happy with the results so far.

That's better .... the top lamp wasn't wasted, look at the tops and the denser lower growth, good work my man :tiphat:

Good to see a KT with so many big side buds and all fat, which means solid in KT

Remember 8 weeks ago when they were 'fucked'?

BD:joint::joint:

Hi mate thank you, I have been kicking myself so hard that I topped one of the KarmaTrains, what was I thinking, especially in a system where I need a lot of vertical growth to cover both bulbs, oh well I guess I'll know for next time. The pics don't really do the side buds any justice, they are so FAT and dense, each one is like a cola, I'm looking forward harvesting them tomorrow, they are as ripe as can be and fully flushed.

What you guys can't really see in the pics is the majority of the Chem D buds, there is a lot of them and they are long and FAT, they are tied up at the minute so I won't be able to get any shots to I harvest them around April 12th +/- although I might need to re-tie them tomorrow after I pull out the KarmaTrains. They stink too, nasty stuff lol.

Next grow I'll be growing 4 plants per 2 bulbs and I'll keep the tent up and running but I'll also be doing another 2 systems in the room without a tent, heres what I was thinking...

1200w with 2x KarmaTrain & 2x Somas Sister
1200w with 2x Kalishnapple & 2 Agent Orange (both are bumper yielders)
1200w with 1x Chiesel (Heaths Large Yielding Cut) 1x Giesel, 1x Psycho D, 1x Blue Meanie but I'm also adding Casey Jones Truecannabliss cut to the garden, if I get them in time I'll just run 4 of them instead, I've been looking to run her for a while, theherbalizor yielded 14oz from 1 plant in a 12Ltr pot in a crowded tent with her not receiving direct light.

Take it easy all and have a good Sunday.
HGO

Looking good man, nice job.

Question, though - it's always hard to tell from pics exact distances/relationships, but did you consider dropping your lights down a touch lower? From the "full tent shot" pic, looked like the top light was only hitting the very tops of some plants so I was curious if you'd considered dropping them down (and if not, your reasoning behind that decision).

Of course if it's just an optical illusion, feel free to disregard :)

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Looking awesome HGO. to credits has been kicking my ass this semester. At least I will be all done at the end of May. I am loving vertical dude, each crop is getting better and better. I was contemplating going the blumat route, but I am gonna keep with dtw, and do multiple feeds to drain like you. What is your typical runoff %? Keep it green homey.

aod

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Bring it on home Bro...

Peace...Freds....:ying:....

Nearly there buddy, KT getting chopped tomorrow.

Looking good man, nice job.

Question, though - it's always hard to tell from pics exact distances/relationships, but did you consider dropping your lights down a touch lower? From the "full tent shot" pic, looked like the top light was only hitting the very tops of some plants so I was curious if you'd considered dropping them down (and if not, your reasoning behind that decision).

Of course if it's just an optical illusion, feel free to disregard :)

Hi, Tommy. It's no optical illusion at all I addressed this issue somewhere further back in the thread. If you look at this picture you can see that there is a gap around 5" +/-.......

picture.php

As you can see, I have a dead zone right where my colas are, next time I will be flipping the bottom bulb around so I have a more even distribution of light to the buds, although I'm not seeing any major loss in weight but I'd like to fix that for the next run, I just have to figure out how to do it, I might have to build a lamp stand for the bottom bulb. Next grow I'll be using 1 bulb right up to the first week of flower, I'll keep it up high so the plants can stretch up a lil more then I'll bang on the second bulb, I might let them go 2 weeks with the 1 bulb, or I might put the 2 bulbs on but have them way up, it will take some dialling. Take Care.

Looking awesome HGO. to credits has been kicking my ass this semester. At least I will be all done at the end of May. I am loving vertical dude, each crop is getting better and better. I was contemplating going the blumat route, but I am gonna keep with dtw, and do multiple feeds to drain like you. What is your typical runoff %? Keep it green homey.

aod

Blumats are great but I like dtw better :), I water to I get anywhere from 5-15% run off, this takes care off all the excess salt build up, your constantly flushing the medium and drawing in fresh O2 to the roots. Make sure and get some drip clean and you will be sorted, before I used drip clean I could see salt build up at the drainage holes on my pots, they looked typical white and crusty but since I started using drip clean I'm not seeing that happen at all, a very good product and it's very efficent.

G'luck on your vertical and keep us updated.

HGO

Last edited:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Sorry to hear the SD doesn't have the unmistakable SD stench bro, looks like some good herb as well. The 4SD is becoming the one to have, herbilizor done some great work with it last run and in his SOG set up before that.

Here's a report I seen of riri's cut which has me intrigued! Hope you don't mind bro.. The part about liking it more than the ECSD (DHK) cut got my attention!

* Sour Diesel IBL (Riri cut) (Rez) : my favorite weed !!!

- TASTE : really powerfull and excellent, I found this taste is quite similar of the taste of the East Coast Sour Diesel (DHK Cut), but it is much stronger, with more lavender undertones, and more lasting in the mouth. A real pleasure from start to the end of the joint, I LOVE this strain, it became my favorite !!
NOTE : 5 / 5

- HIGH : This cut is more potent than the mother ECSD (DHK cut). The tolerance is better, too. The high is above average and very pleasant, and very well balanced between high and stone.
NOTE : 4,5 / 5

- GROW : This plant had only a few days of grow, so its yield is very correct. This strain is very pleasant to grow, with a nice vigor, an easy stretch, and very nices buds with swollen calyx and a little purple coloration. The production of resin is good. The calyx to leaf ratio is very good too !
NOTE : 4,5 / 5

I can't wait to see hoe those 2 do for you mate. The next run sound very exciting, good amount of watts in there to fatten things up well, with the tweaks you've mentioned it wil be a winner for sure! Glad good things are coming your way after the up's n down of last year... Onwards and upwards homey!!:ying:

How long will you be vegging for with the new run? I guess you have them at a decent height now, so better to ask what height will you be flipping them? The Agent O and Kalishnapple are going to get huge around a vert that should be a special sight.

peace

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hi bro, yeah I'm a little bit bummed about the SDIBL but I've got the riri and DHK cuts to play with so I'm not too bothered plus I scored the last pack of SDIBL from Seed Bay HQ and I got lots of beans from a friend deep inside the EU, I plan on an open pollination as soon as possible, hopefully before the year ends but more likely next year.

The 4SD isn't the same as herbs, a common mistake, 4SD is actually Chem#4 x Sour Diesel IBL and herb done C4D which is Chem #4 x Chem D, I have his chem#4 leaning cut, it is a very nice plant, I reckon that it's an improvement to Chem D, just ask Bush Dr what he thinks of it, the man has been heavily stoned for the past few weeks from it lol.

I've seen that report about the riri before, she is an unreal pheno from a pack of SDIBL around 2008 I think but I can't remember,

Here are few pics from šunka-maslo
, I hope he doesn't mind me posting them here but he done such a good job for especially considering that he grew these under a 250w....

dscn1670.jpg

dscn1677f.jpg

dscn1684.jpg

Rez loved the riri cut, he even stickied Sunkas thread,
This is PICTURE-PERFECT Sour Diesel!!

Congratulations on one of the nicest Sour Diesel grows ever posted!

Cheers!

~RD~

. . . .

I'm also looking forward to the DHK cut, she is more diesel fuel than the riri cut.

Yeah the Kalishnapple and Agent Orange will be very interesting, depending on how I do on my next grow you might just see a room full of these 2 further down the line, I'm gonna have to make sure that my humidity is in check for the monster buds, I don't want any mold, I'll have to brew up the plant magic essence too I guess. I'm not sure how much veg I'll give, 3-4 weeks should suffice, I'll flip when I have a good root system and around 20-25" plants, I want monsters and more importantly I want to utilize the 2 bulbs better than I did with this grow.

HGO

Last edited:

HGO show them floppys who's boss! Maybe the sd will gain a stink with curing...tho I did have an odorless sssdh last pull (fuckit)

2010/2011 sdibl has disappointed quite a few but the chem sours are burnin down the house!

Keep vertical double dangling in peace homie

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Sour Diesel riri cut - Smoke Report by šunka-maslo

Sour Diesel riri cut - Smoke Report by šunka-maslo

Sour Diesel riri cut - Smoke Report by šunka-maslo.

šunka-maslo;4313602 said:
Hi growers
wink.gif

SOUR DIESEL IBL - Smoke Report
tiphat.gif

dscn1679nz.jpg

Date of grow: 2011
Type of culture: Indoor / Hydro
Clone or seeds: Clone "Riri"
Light: 250w cfl then 250w hps
Space: Homebox 80x80x160
Containers: 3,5 liters with clay pebbles, home made recirculating hydro system with a water pump 1000l/h and drips
Fertilizer: Plagron hydro A+B / Green sensation / Cannazym / Wortel / Rhyzotonic / Phyt-amin
Growing time: Two weeks under 18/6
Flowering time: Harvested at 77 days

Blooming odors: Strong lavender smell – Still very strong odors in the jar even if there is no more Sour for month – very thick and dense odor and taste in mouth
Buds: The calyxes are hudge and the buds are as hard as stones, at the end of the blooming time the buds are increasing a lot
Architecture: Hudge stretch x7-8, almost no leaves and fan leaves, long internodes. Something i love : the secondary branches are growing along with the main stem they don' t take a lot of place, and it is perfect to put more clones in the box
Fertilizer reactions: Must remain low with the fertilizer, on the last run my EC level was at the maximum at 1,2 and i saw some leaves starting to burn a little bit
Yield: Really more than correct because the buds are not loosing a lot of weight when drying, and a little part of a bud blowing up when crumble, so less weed to use for a full effect!! Got 75g dry with the first one and 40g dry with the second one
Difficulty to grow: Not the most easy plant, with temperament

Taste: Very strong and thick, stay in mouth until the last puff on the joint, and even after. Big lavender / fuel taste, and really fresh in mouth

Effect: Hudge high that comes directly and very fast. Hard to keep concentrate on something and very very strong, not the kind of weed i would smoke during the lunch break^^

General infos: I' ve never smoke in 15 years something as good and strong as the Sour Diesel!! The taste is awesome and unique!! The best genetic i' ve ever try so far :^)
A pleasure to trimm regarding the low amount of leaves, and dry very fast. The negatif point for me is this hudge stretch

I love Sour Deez View Image

dscn1936r.jpg

wave.gif

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
šunka-maslo has green fingers that's for sure just read a few of his grows and he's got that system running sweetly. That open pollination should give up some excellent results.

The 4SD isn't the same as herbs, a common mistake, 4SD is actually Chem#4 x Sour Diesel IBL and herb done C4D which is Chem #4 x Chem D, I have his chem#4 leaning cut, it is a very nice plant, I reckon that it's an improvement to Chem D, just ask Bush Dr what he thinks of it, the man has been heavily stoned for the past few weeks from it lol.

Never mind me mate! Still going through the 4 week+ cured finger hash from the NMK so take anything I say at the minute as immensely influenced by the effects of smoking this coupled with QoD#3 all wrapped up nicely into a grape swisha sweet :D She looks splendid all the same :D

How long will you take the rest of them before the chop?

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
HGO show them floppys who's boss! Maybe the sd will gain a stink with curing...tho I did have an odorless sssdh last pull (fuckit)

2010/2011 sdibl has disappointed quite a few but the chem sours are burnin down the house!

Keep vertical double dangling in peace homie

Man thats a pitty about the SDIBL not being up to par from previous packs, now I'm glad that I grabbed a pack of CDSD, I've also added a Chem Double D to the garden, she is meant to be a very impressive cut oh and a Double Strawberry Diesel that is very strawberry from what I'm told I'll give the SD a good cure and let ya know how it rolls, sorry to hear about the bunk SSSDH, have you tired the ojd cut?

šunka-maslo has green fingers that's for sure just read a few of his grows and he's got that system running sweetly. That open pollination should give up some excellent results.

Never mind me mate! Still going through the 4 week+ cured finger hash from the NMK so take anything I say at the minute as immensely influenced by the effects of smoking this coupled with QoD#3 all wrapped up nicely into a grape swisha sweet :D She looks splendid all the same :D

How long will you take the rest of them before the chop?

Yeah Sunka does very well with his home made hydro system, I really enjoy his grow shows. LOL get it into ya mate, how did that QoD turn out?

HGO

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Wow the 4SD and Sour Diesel are awesome!!

How are the smell on them ?

Thanks for the pics bro':tiphat:

I had a good smell of my 4SD cut there now sunka and at first I get a sour smell with lemon hues then the more I smell it the more it turns into a creamy orange tart lemon smell, I can only describe it as a thick lemon / orange jelly aroma, pretty strong too but still the KarmaTrains are out smelling everything even the Chem D and the KT has such a beautiful sweet fruity aroma, they type of smell that you can't stop sniffing :)

HGO

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Your making me hungry with those descriptions of the 4SD! :D

The QoD turned out quite nice tbf, I liked pheno's #3 + #1 the most. Very fruity hashy smoke. #3 is like smoking very nice blonde hash with a slight fruity taste. Quite unique in it's flavour and smell. A tiny bit like my cannalope haze in taste which is supposed to be C99 or a C99 cross so that makes sense. #2 is very very grapey in scent kinda like grape kool aid or the grape swisha sweets, the jar smells sugary if that makes sense when opened.