What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Clonex vs Self Made Rooting Compound

shaggyballs

Veteran
Cytokinin is good for callus induction.
I feel that unless the level is really low in the plant you will not need it at all for roots.
Cytokinin applied to cutting may cause them to stay in callus formation mode and not produce roots at all only callus cells on the stem.

Give it a shot I think you should get the same findings.
If you do try this post the results as I would love to see what you come up with.
A side by side would be best but what the hell just give it a shot if you have the time and extra space.

BTW when using IBA and NAA a good ratio is IBA 2 to 1 NAA. A 2-1 ratio
So NAA is 50% of what IBA is.

I like the way you think!
Good luck brother englishrick!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Meta topolin + 1x gamborg vitamin has shown invitro to induce root differentiation in cannabis,, 6days seems to be normal for this formula

From what have researched,,, it's the ratio of auxin to cytokinin that causes root or shoot diferenceation,, when levels are even that induces callus culture

shaggyballs

Veteran
Meta topolin + 1x gamborg vitamin has shown invitro to induce root differentiation in cannabis,, 6days seems to be normal for this formula

From what have researched,,, it's the ratio of auxin to cytokinin that causes root or shoot diferenceation,, when levels are even that induces callus culture

I agree that is what research shows no doubt.
Give it a shot and report back with the results.
I think you may find your results may differ.

Best of luck and keep up the good work!
Shag

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Will do,, I'm making loads of crazy formulas atm,,, il report back with side by sides soon as I can

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I am surprised that I never hear of anyone using 1-Naphthaleneacetamide and Thira (Dragon Rootone).

The former is the hormone. The later is a fungicide.

I have been using this for decades and it is amazing. I almost never loose a clone.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator

That would make sense about excess cytokinin halting root formation, I saved this quote from Slownickel awhile ago about how to properly utilize kelp products:

Be careful when buying seaweeds. There are good ones and ones that have little value. Also, where to apply them and when is an issue.

For example, applying a cytokinin to the roots will actually tend to stall the plants. Roots get lazy. Always apply cytokinin seaweeds foliarly. Small quantities constantly and mixed with other foliars. The best cytokinin source on the market is North American Kelp, Seacrop 16. It has the highest guaranteed cytokinin level on the planet, 400ppms. This should be used from veg up through week 3 of flower.

For root applications, you really want to use an auxin seaweed source. So far, the only one that I have been able to find in the US is Kelpak. This applied to roots and foliage, forces more roots. Don't use it after week 1 of flower. All through veg is great.

We did side by side tests. Been through the bunch, Acadian, Maxi, SM6 (UK) and a few I can't remember. many folk won't get a lot of response from a good seaweed product if they really don't have their nutrition dialed in. That means having enough Ca and P most times. Most folk don't. All the seaweed in the world can't get you past the big problems. This is why many say, oh, tried it and I didn't see much. But that can also come from low hormone content. Many seaweed products aren't actually made for fertilizer use

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I am surprised that I never hear of anyone using 1-Naphthaleneacetamide and Thira (Dragon Rootone).

The former is the hormone. The later is a fungicide.

I have been using this for decades and it is amazing. I almost never loose a clone.

I use 1-naphthylacetic acid and an unknown fungicide.

It's what I spoke of earlier. Bayer's Baby Bio Roota

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Interesting. I did a search on your Bayer product and everything was discontinued or out of stick. All search results we UK based so it looks like this was never available in the US. Or, a long time ago.

I also did a search on Rootone and it seems they have discontinued this product.

Perhaps the naphthylacetic acid was banned or something. I didn't see anything using it any longer.

I know one thing. Over the years, this has worked 10x better than Clonex or some of the others I tried with IBA.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Oh shit. Your joking. I knew this day was coming. I did my own testing with a number of products years ago. The conclusion being that powder, water and clonex were all equal. Organic stuff caused rot not root, and baby bio actually did something.

I guess I'm reading the thread again.

Edit: It seems the acid is about £1 a gram in a dry state. You can buy 25g from sigmaaldrich. It's the anti-mold agent I don't know.

PM sent about the last of the baby bio product I could find.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts