What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gavita lights and other set ups?

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I seen some grows where the light has been at least 6-12 feet above the tops of plants????

Im running the big raptors hoods and i have my tops about 2 feet from the bulbs, but its air cooled.

Whats up with the commercial guys setting their lights so high above the top of the plants?

Im running 1000 watt hps bulbs

Lyfespan

I seen some grows where the light has been at least 6-12 feet above the tops of plants????

Im running the big raptors hoods and i have my tops about 2 feet from the bulbs, but its air cooled.

Whats up with the commercial guys setting their lights so high above the top of the plants?

Im running 1000 watt hps bulbs

we light the rooms not the plants:tiphat:

watts

ohms
Veteran
Typically you need around 3-4 feet between 1000w DE fixtures and top of plants. Not as practical for growers with 8ft ceilings in their homes to use DE fixtures but some do make it work depending on your grow style. Basic HPS, CMH, and LED are better for most home growers.

I

i0dineAlf

The Gavita DE have been a hard learning experience for me.
I still haven't figured them out quite yet.

Hopefully I can give you some good advice on them with the end of my second grow:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=354723

My Gavita's will go up to 825 watts.

I recently turned one down to 600 and the other down to 400.

I'd love to hear more on other people's experiences with them who use 8' ceilings.

Lyfespan

The Gavita DE have been a hard learning experience for me.
I still haven't figured them out quite yet.

Hopefully I can give you some good advice on them with the end of my second grow:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=354723

My Gavita's will go up to 825 watts.

I recently turned one down to 600 and the other down to 400.

I'd love to hear more on other people's experiences with them who use 8' ceilings.

thats why i like the nanolux their cloud system automatically adjusts lights so temps dont get too high.. im still dimming to keep with in my window of VPD