What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stunted seedling growth

So I started seeds March 14th and gave them non-ph’d distilled water for a cpl waterings. Next cpl waterings were non-ph’d filtered well water. I finally checked the ph of the well water an it was 9.2 : ( . I’ve had them under t8 lighting at about 18” away from them. I’ve given them 6.5 ph’d well water 1 time and am about to give them some more tonight.

They are only 2” tall are almost a month old. They’re growing so slow it’s hardly visible but there is new growth. They are yellowing I’m guessing from not getting any nutrients from the soil cuz of the high ph of the water I used in the beginning.

Has anyone had success with stunted growth from SEED? Will they be slow the rest of the year since they had a bad start? If they don’t snap out of it within a cpl weeks I’m gonna get some clones.

Hopefully they work out but if not I’m hoping Dark Heart Nursery releases their genetics from the 10k Pheno Hunt they did.

Vanilla Frosting
The Bling
Magic Melon

If they don’t have em in a cpl weeks I’m thinking about going with Clones Bros outta Sacramento and running Soul Assassin OG, Tahoe OG, an Kosher Kush.

G

You can do that or you can learn to master germinating and growing seedlings.
I take it you are in soil. Any bagged soil seed starter mix here is fine for the most part. Then i feed them with what I have, which is coco hydro nutrients. Whater is goig on for you sounds like shit media, poor lighting/environment.
You can always bring seedlings back provided they arent dead, just wont be what they could have been if they were grown unchecked aka unstunted, but still produces fine weed. Thus is the measure of a grower, the one who realises a plants full potential.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd fix my water if it was that Alkaline. Cannabis likes Neutral to slightly acidic medium. The older it gets the lower your ph. Water with ph 7 for 1st few weeks. Do not over water. Than move to a slightly acidic ph(look up the ph scale for your medium). They get feed through there cotyledons until there 1st real leaf sets are in. You can now start feeding around 400-500 ppm, ph 6.5 in soil until ready to flower.

I plan on mastering seeds I feel like I was gonna be fine if I didn’t mess up the ph : (

I just want vigorous growth but if that’s out the window it’s gonna be onto the clones. I’ll take a stab next year but I’ll also keep these until June to see if anything drastically changes.

Thanks for the replies erbody

W

Water-

could it be too much water?

do you let it dry out before each watering?

dont use well water

I let them dry out. I looked at a pic from March 24th an the leaves are the same size they’re just a tiny bit taller. I just watered them after 7 days from last watering. I think some of them will make it and they’re going to just be off to a super slow start. Hopefully they get back to healthy an thriving.

Ph was defiantly a problem. Was the soil to strong with nutrients? Seedlings should be in a seed starting blend with low nutes.
A few months ago I had a stunted batch of seedlings. I blamed it on the heat and too much direct sunlight. After a month they made a great comeback.

therevverend

Veteran
I'd start another batch of seedlings immediately. But you need to correct whatever the problem was with the first batch or else your later seedlings and/or clones could become just as stunted.

7 days is too long to go without watering. If your soil is retaining water for that long it's too rich. Seedlings need moisture, humidity. I'd mist them down daily. My seedlings have been wet and cool, too wet, because of the weather. There's green algae growing on the soil of the wettest ones. Even so they're healthy vigorous green. I use a very light soil mix, the water pours through and out the bottom. If it's sunny they dry out in a couple days.

The high P.H. is bad, I'd flush them. Pour water through a few times, let it wash through. One watering isn't enough to fix it. The older a plant gets the less water it needs. Seedlings need very little food. I'd wait until they show new growth then give them a weak seaweed solution. As soon as possible I'd transplant them to get them out of the soil they got sick in.

I used airy starter mix soil but they still are very small but sloooooooowly growing. I ended up getting clones last weekend from Wonderland nursery, blood diamond og an og chemdawg.

I only saved about 20% of my feminised seeds that were stunted an that’s staring to dwindle down. I’m guessing I’ll end up with about 5% of them when everything’s a said an done. I’m counting on my clones at this point ��

Latest posts

Latest posts