What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

purple punch outdoors?

PDX Dopesmoker

I'm pretty sure I remember Bradley Danks telling me that the PP did really nice outdoors and that is starts flowering on the early side.

MedResearcher

Veteran
Haven't ran it myself, but what I heard was it grows extremely easy, and finish's early.

I have seen it. It is one of those strains that is so frosty, that the outdoor can pass for indoor, just caked head to toe with frost. So you don't see straggly bare outdoor leaves, just frost. It can smell really great as well. Reminds me of blackberry kush, but with a louder, sweeter, more candy GDP smell.

I have also heard it is a bit weak in potency, but I don't think the general public is complaining to much yet. I assume because of the looks, smell, ease of cultivation, every season more and more will be planted, until the tides turn and people refuse it. Sort of like Blue Dream, Mr Nice, etc...

At the moment, seems like a good one to crop. I run my own stuff, mostly because I am scared of bugs, so I don't typically get clones. Although If I was to get a clone, I would grab some of the PP to crop the hell out of it, while the cropping is good.

Mr^^

^ I’ve heard it finishes quick also. It does look like indoor but my buddy told me it had smaller buds compared to a lot of other strains so might be a bitch to trim. It smelled wonderful an kool-aidy too.

yahooman

i think when growing outdoors many factors determine potency,much more than indoors...i know many people call it a very heavy indica,,i mean common,,,gdp and larry og,,,very nice parents...i feel if grown properly it could be very potent

i have also heard it isnt a big yielder,but is mid-late sept. and very high quality...i might have to throw some chem91 skva bx4 pollen on her

HHILL

I did a small cut last season, mostly to throw pollen at and if it lives up to the hype. Definitely looks like indoor flowers, light green and dense. Smell is grape cool aid with citrus, very loud... grown organically. I thought it’s good and potent myself, but doesn’t last more than a couple hours or so. I know people bag on it, but if done properly it has immediate head rush, sinus tingle when exhaled through your nose. I had zero purple in the outdoor plant, and it finished quick, maybe first week of October.

This season, I’m running a Purple Punch x Coastal Haze hybrid as an experiment to see what turns out. I’m hoping for a hazy Kush type of effect.

Latest posts

Latest posts