Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Indestructible Thrips

Thread Title Search
Indestructible Thrips Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2019, 01:25 AM #41
gorilla ganja

gorilla ganja is a name known to allgorilla ganja is a name known to allgorilla ganja is a name known to allgorilla ganja is a name known to allgorilla ganja is a name known to allgorilla ganja is a name known to allgorilla ganja is a name known to allgorilla ganja is a name known to allgorilla ganja is a name known to allgorilla ganja is a name known to allgorilla ganja is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeoldschool View Post
Im not having that problem brother. Haven't had too many nutrient build up or lock out problems in the last decade. I've been using my version of Heavy 16 with a few additives for i think around 7-8 years now. My plants def speak for themselves.
I'll catch a bug problem or PM problem whenever i out source for clones which i always regret once every couple years. Other than that im not seeing signs of the Russian Rullette you are speaking of.
Just a Thrip issue from some infected cuts i picked up without the proper precautions.
I'm sure you know this, but worth mentioning for others having insect or mold problems .

Quarantine incoming clones or seedlings. Deal with any problems before they become bigger plants. Much easier to deal with on a small scale. Whole plants can be dunked and every inch covered. Much harder to spay a large plant and catch all of it properly.
Also always easier to deal with a few insects and eggs rather that thousands.

Best of luck dealing with the Borg

Peace GG
gorilla ganja is offline Quote

Old 04-13-2019, 01:26 AM #42
Stinkhorn123

Stinkhorn123 is a jewel in the roughStinkhorn123 is a jewel in the roughStinkhorn123 is a jewel in the roughStinkhorn123 is a jewel in the roughStinkhorn123 is a jewel in the roughStinkhorn123 is a jewel in the rough
Wow Mike it’s troubling to read of Spinosad resistant thrips. Ive had success with the cheaper products by using root drenches and foliage applications but I highly doubt the thrips here are as evolved as yours are. Maybe give the conserve a shot and rotate with a biological like Botaniguard. Good luck, your gonna have a Brownfield site on your hands with all the stuff your spraying.
Stinkhorn123 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:45 AM #43
mikeoldschool

mikeoldschool will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemdawggy Dawg View Post
Player2 is probably right. I only grow in rdwc setups so I might not know everything. Lol. Regular thrips as I know them are easy to defeat.
Being that im on the west coast and the most over sprayed state im betting he's right as well. These things are super resistant to several poisons that usually drop bugs dead instantly.
Im hoping once i buy some Spinosad thats 22% as opposed to the .5% thats in Monterey and in the Captain Jacks, these Thrips will get handled.
I had no clue they were selling 22% Spinosad online.
Fuckin $400-$500 bucks for online Spinosad A % B
Thats steep as hell for a spray
mikeoldschool is offline Quote

Old 04-13-2019, 01:46 AM #44
mikeoldschool

mikeoldschool will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla ganja View Post
I'm sure you know this, but worth mentioning for others having insect or mold problems .

Quarantine incoming clones or seedlings. Deal with any problems before they become bigger plants. Much easier to deal with on a small scale. Whole plants can be dunked and every inch covered. Much harder to spay a large plant and catch all of it properly.
Also always easier to deal with a few insects and eggs rather that thousands.

Best of luck dealing with the Borg

Peace GG
Agreed buddy. A lazy mistake that i know much better than to pull. Quarantine is mandatory.
mikeoldschool is offline Quote

Old 04-13-2019, 02:01 AM #45
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel has much to be proud ofslownickel has much to be proud ofslownickel has much to be proud ofslownickel has much to be proud ofslownickel has much to be proud ofslownickel has much to be proud ofslownickel has much to be proud ofslownickel has much to be proud ofslownickel has much to be proud ofslownickel has much to be proud ofslownickel has much to be proud of
Western Flower thrip?

If you are sure the spinosad is not working, try Steinernema feltiae nematodes and stratiolaelaps mites. Spray plant therapy with an added 15 ml per gallon either food grade ethanol or just regular isopropyl.
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone
slownickel is offline Quote

Old 04-13-2019, 02:19 AM #46
soil margin

soil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to beholdsoil margin is a splendid one to behold
Grow some basil plants around your herb. Doesn't have to be a ton. The smell and oil from the basil drives thrips away and keeps population under control even if it doesn't exterminate 100%. Very convenient and low labor/cost method. Marigolds repel thrips as well.
soil margin is offline Quote

Old 04-13-2019, 01:38 PM #47
buzzmobile

buzzmobile is a splendid one to beholdbuzzmobile is a splendid one to beholdbuzzmobile is a splendid one to beholdbuzzmobile is a splendid one to beholdbuzzmobile is a splendid one to beholdbuzzmobile is a splendid one to beholdbuzzmobile is a splendid one to beholdbuzzmobile is a splendid one to beholdbuzzmobile is a splendid one to beholdbuzzmobile is a splendid one to beholdbuzzmobile is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by soil margin View Post
Marigolds repel thrips as well.
Marigolds attract spider mites.
buzzmobile is offline Quote

Old 04-14-2019, 06:37 PM #48
Mountain Wizard

Mountain Wizard will become famous soon enoughMountain Wizard will become famous soon enoughMountain Wizard will become famous soon enough
I'm sure this prob isn't something you want to try, but it's cheap! You can get like 1500 ladybugs for $7 on Amzn. You can just release a few at a time and keep the rest alive in their medium they come in. Just thinking outside the box.
Mountain Wizard is offline Quote

Old 04-14-2019, 11:42 PM #49
gladysvjubb

gladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nice
Indoor grow? Try Hot Shot NO PEST STRIPS. Read and follow all directions. These will be the end of your problem. I won't grow without them.
gladysvjubb is offline Quote

Old 04-15-2019, 12:15 AM #50
Lyfespan

Lyfespan is a name known to allLyfespan is a name known to allLyfespan is a name known to allLyfespan is a name known to allLyfespan is a name known to allLyfespan is a name known to allLyfespan is a name known to allLyfespan is a name known to allLyfespan is a name known to allLyfespan is a name known to allLyfespan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladysvjubb View Post
Indoor grow? Try Hot Shot NO PEST STRIPS. Read and follow all directions. These will be the end of your problem. I won't grow without them.
make your own. tanglefoot applied to ORANGE solo cups, yes it must be orange for thrips, YELLOW for white flies

i tried every color cup and these worked the best

paint it on with chip brush you have cut bristles down on, place cup upside down and its a trap

oh and for white flies cups need to be placed in top of stakes around top of plants and for thirps you can just put around base of plants, also by the holes in the pots
Lyfespan is offline Quote