What's new

Plants are turning yellow st a rapid rate

S

SmokingYoda

Hi folks. I have a phantom of in a living soil. The exact ingredients are unknown. The soil has drainage issues from the start and had a real hard time soaking up the water. I've trans planted and added more perlite. That issue seems to have been fixed. I did that a month or so ago. Recently I tied the ole girl down as she was getting tall. 2 or 3 months in Veg so far. I also did some trimming but after when I gave her a watering I added some iguana juice veg and some iguana juice bloom, not much. Like 3 parts less then what was recommended. Shes yellowing hard. Any ideas?
Also to be honest I had some girls in flower with similar yellowing. Any ideas or questions to help me get too the bottom of this.

Attachments

• 20190402_162958.jpg
    20190402_162958.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20190402_163013.jpg
    20190402_163013.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 20190402_062024.jpg
    20190402_062024.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 33
S

SmokingYoda

Also I've been out of town for 3 weeks or so and they maybe had 3 waterings in that time. One week they were real thristy i could see it and feel the bucket.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Look dry to me. They can't feed if it's too dry. They are hanging in the first pic, and the story of a feed a week says a lot. Why do you have holes in your pots? it's not coco. Soil has little wicking action. It will just be too dry to be of any use.

G

GatorGumbo

Well, I can tell you that most nutrient dosing recommendations are heavy enough to burn small and medium size cannabis plants off the bat. Could be either starve, nute burn, or a combination of both. Limp from burn/PPM off, yellow from N or K starvation due to a resulting/impending nute lockout. I'm assuming they are otherwise appropriately watered and quenched in that photo, if not then to do so would be my #1 opinion.

If it gets worse on its own it's starved of something, probably K or N like others have said. If it gets better on its own then it's burn. Remember your soil has tons of nutrients and amendments in it already, not like hydro where if you cut all nutes for a week the plants will freak out. Cut nutes and let them recover, then gradually work up to max feeding regime.

Last edited:

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hi folks. I have a phantom of in a living soil. The exact ingredients are unknown. The soil has drainage issues from the start and had a real hard time soaking up the water. I've trans planted and added more perlite. That issue seems to have been fixed. I did that a month or so ago. Recently I tied the ole girl down as she was getting tall. 2 or 3 months in Veg so far. I also did some trimming but after when I gave her a watering I added some iguana juice veg and some iguana juice bloom, not much. Like 3 parts less then what was recommended. Shes yellowing hard. Any ideas?
Also to be honest I had some girls in flower with similar yellowing. Any ideas or questions to help me get too the bottom of this.

Regarding the flowering plants in photo 3:

1. Cannabis can use a lot of water right through flowering and stacking. Especially if you have a separate reservoir with clean water.

2. When the water runs out, the calyx hairs turn brown and the buds start to attract moisture from the air.

3. There is a balance between the amount of moisture the buds can attract, and the moisture the leaves can evaporate.

4. Nothing much is lost, because lots of people grow big buds from lollypopping.

I would give full dose of growth nutrients, because the nitrogen at this stage helps the growth of the buds. And a little extra magnesium from epsom salt.

Then bottom water with clean water until nutrient deficiencies show up again.

Last edited:
S

SmokingYoda

I agree I think my watering schedule is out of whack plus my lapse in care during the last 3 weeks and causing the yellowing. Should I flush the plant then feed a light dose of iguana juice? Or flush them then wait too see some results before I feed iguana juice?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Underwatering usually drops the pH in the root zone and causes root damage. This can definitely cause issues with nutrient uptake for a while.

Just for S&G, you may want to put a 1-2" thick slice of potato on the soil of each of your pots. Should you have a root aphid issue, you'll see them in 5 days when you turn the potato over and check. Watch it for a minute, and you'll spot them running around. ;) Hopefully you don't have them. It won't hurt anything either way.

I currently have the micro sized aphids... Here's a link to a post and animated gif I put together of my potato results. :)

S

SmokingYoda

Thank you for the advice. I do believe my lack of watering is my main issue but also a nitrogen deficiency. It's my opinion that my nute deficiency is coming from my pots being on the floor. Only the tents mylar separates the pot from the cold basements concrete floors and in turn maybe been chilling my soil to the point that the roots are having a hard time taking up nutes.

What I've done so far is propped the pots up off the ground. I have yet too water them due too the pots being still too heavy and my soil moisture metter saying that the soil is still wet, the ph in the soil is also rest at 7 to 6.7. Qhen I do water them next which well be for some today and tomorrow. Should I feed them some iguana juice for the ones in veg and the iguana juice bloom for the ones in flower? Or should I just feed them ph water then wait and see if my issues get better before j give extra food.?

Latest posts

Latest posts