What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is everyone growing outdoors this season?

Grateful1

Just added Strawberry Cough and Trainwreck to the bunch.

Ive got some old KKSC x P75 that was gifted to me by mr soul. Lots of other very old seeds that need to be genned and preserved but hesitant to run them outdoors. Time is of the essence for many of these oldies though, on the fence a bit..

Rez Strawberry Diesel
Motarebels Gourdbuster
Ograskal The White x KKSC Fems
BBP's Lapis Mtn Indica
Tom Hill Deep Chunk
lots of oldies i found as I was going through the jars. It seems urgent to get these started and new seeds made..

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Holy frig nice. I hear you on the senior citizens. I had about 40 Honduran Trash I picked up and NONE sprouted. A few did but died right away. I used a Seedling Treatment Solution I found online on another 20 and I got half to germinate and damn... I think they're going to make it. They're officially seedlings now :)

Korean Natural Farming SES
[iframeb]YjLxGKzkUIQ[/iframeb]

I made a dummy OHN but I'm looking for a better simpler OHN recipe substitute. I'm vegging plants now for special attention this summer, so I'm going to try and use this method, to a much lighter extent, at final transplant.

Because it's so intensive to make, I just might bite the bullet and make OHN and sell it along with the STS, seeds and pollen I have.

UFOpilot

Lots of other very old seeds that need to be genned and preserved.....
lots of oldies i found as I was going through the jars. It seems urgent to get these started and new seeds made..

I've had good results by making new seeds during the wintertime:
A micro grow with daylight on the windowsill and CFL light for the remaining time.
Older seeds are sprouted in small pots.
When the plants have their first normal leaves,they are forced to bloom.
10/14 or less will give a quick result.
After pollination and a few weeks ripening you end up with tiny plants that don't look all that great, but they will give enough fresh seeds for several years ,and even for the next outdoor season.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Fast delivery from RGSC :)

They may go in the fridge for a couple days while I clean up the seed starting area. Is anyone aware if freshly produced cannabis seed requires or does better with a cold period before germination? I'm unsure if brand new cannabis seed sprouts readily or if a cold period helps germination.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
It was once said that some may like a chill, but generally a short period (weeks) of dormancy tells them they have moved on from the parent, and it's time to go it alone.

Well the first culling of the year were the 3 fast diesel mums. They autoflowered.
Second culling, the 3 dfg and 3 mighty gold. Both listed as semi, they got a bit too far ahead for cuttings.
Third culling.. One of the two critical orange punch.

So I have a critical orange punch mum, and serious6 mum.

I know these will be later finishers, as I'm effectively culling the earliest starters. Flowering at 24/7 though? that is a bit too early for me.

3 down.. two to go. I might do my KC crosses quickly.

6 week warning!!

grayeyes

Nothing commercial here. When I finish my SSH I will sprout some of Mr. Greengene's Cherry Bomb and maybe cross it with some Durban. Should be an entertaining grow.

CowboyTed

My outdoor grow goes in soon: A whole lineup of Ace Seeds' tropical landrace sativas:

Panama
Malawi
Golden Tiger (Thai x Malawi)
Zamaldelica (Reunion Island x Golden Tiger)
Bangi Haze(Congo x Nepal) x Ethiopian

Because I need them to finish before mid October (and that Panama Pheno takes up to 16 weeks!) I'll be force-flowering them, beginning in mid-June.

oldhaole

Veteran
Here's My Line-up for the first half of 2019

Here's My Line-up for the first half of 2019

Start off with what comes from here, all clones;

Skunkdog
Original Dog
Scientist Diesel
Maui Girl
Blueberry Hashplant
POG

Along with my Island favorites, from the Mainland we also stuck with these strains, again all in clone;

Valley
Firecracker
Blue Dream
Sunset Sherbet
Cherry OG
Chem D.
Mother's Milk
Motherloaded
Wedding Cake

And from seed we'll take a look at;

Firepie-13
Very Berry

Yes, I did say the first half...

Since this is Hawaii, where we're not bothered by Winter, everything in the above list has been in the dirt for about four months now, and stands six to eight feet tall. Today I took down most of the lights, so in about 70 days they should be done. That should leave me with enough time left in the year to do it all again before it's over.

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I finally made up my mind and popped:
Rezervior SSSDH
SSSDH IX
Pisces Genetics, Special Sauce TK91 (Triangle Kush x Chem 91) x Valley Dog (SFV OG Kush x Chem 91).
These should go well with the clones I grabbed:
Afghan Kush
Yeti Kush
Mobb Boss
Chem Dawg (if it's real)

Rico Swazi

Death star x blue star
Chem berry
Ogkb 2.0 x ansetrial skunk

Have not decided on last one yet
Maybe

Mendo breath
Sour diesel
Blue star x Ansetrial skunk
Death star x Ansetrial

Or who know maybe some last min clone only .

I'm at the 45th also. What can you tell me about the chem berry?

Rico Swazi

I believe its chem 4 x strawberry diesel . I will have to ask the breeder again . I have not grown any out yet.
Yeah, that is the one I am looking at....thanks for getting back to me.... would that be Dark Horse genetics?
If so, they have gammaberry (bruce banner#5 x strawberry D) that is on my wish list to try some day.
Outdoor this year for me will be two headband haze with the others yet undecided. Decisions decisions :thinking:

Dankwolf

Yeah, that is the one I am looking at....thanks for getting back to me.... would that be Dark Horse genetics?
If so, they have gammaberry (bruce banner#5 x strawberry D) that is on my wish list to try some day.
Outdoor this year for me will be two headband haze with the others yet undecided. Decisions decisions :thinking:

it was breed by a icmag member . I belive the strawberry dissel is sour d x strawberry cough . not 100% on this .

:tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Ive got some old KKSC x P75 that was gifted to me by mr soul. Lots of other very old seeds that need to be genned and preserved but hesitant to run them outdoors. Time is of the essence for many of these oldies though, on the fence a bit..

Rez Strawberry Diesel
Motarebels Gourdbuster
Ograskal The White x KKSC Fems
BBP's Lapis Mtn Indica
Tom Hill Deep Chunk
Nice lineup. That Deep Chunk is very interesting. Best of luck with them.

My trainwreck and strawberry cough are old as shit and were sitting in a cupboard. I had a hell of a time popping them. I only got 4/20 so they'll be indoor and I'll make seeds for next year.

CrushnYuba

It seems like everyone is going hard on the kashmir this year. It's probably the most in demand plant this year in California. It's weird that you Google it and nothing really comes up. But it's been around for a while.

Dankwolf

It seems like everyone is going hard on the kashmir this year. It's probably the most in demand plant this year in California. It's weird that you Google it and nothing really comes up. But it's been around for a while.

Why be this years demand when you can be next years . I belive in staying ahead of the game . or at least offer something different . to each there own :tiphat: