What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Safe to heat treat grow room with propane heater? (No plants inside)

I'm looking to sanitize a grow space and have heard that heat treating is one of the most efficient methods of knocking anything out that could possibly be living in there.

My concern is..the safety around using a propane heater. I don't have enough lights to turn on and get the room to where it needs to be (130 Degrees Farenheit for 2 hours is what I've been told). So i figured I could buy one of these 30k-60k BTU propane heater units and seal the space up and that would probably do the trick. I've read that air flow is very important, but, does anyone have any personal experience with heat treating their rooms and can share what they did or if they think this would work for me. Thanks.

palmeezy

not safe, generally speaking, due to oxygen depletion/carbon monoxide buildup. eventually it won't be able to burn clean.

they do make 'indoor propane heaters' but again i'm not sure.

electric radiant heat strips from home depot will do the trick. no safety switches to bypass. nothing to catch on fire with a small amount of common sense applied. the wires in them, specifically the plastic coatings, will become brittle quickly, but you can easily replace them. if your lights are wired 240 you can make plugins for them with some 12-2 wire.

Latest posts

Latest posts