What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensizym for flush?

browntrout

Veteran
I'm wondering if I made a mistake, I've got plants in various states of flushing/yellowing, some ready to harvest in the next day or two and some a week out. I just fed the plants with RO water/Sensizym at 2/3 dose and flushed the pots till water came out.

Is it a bad idea to add enzyms this late? The last time I used it was a few weeks ago.

Will they take up too much nutrients? I haven't used microbes in a while and have fed mostly organics.

coldcanna

Veteran
I have never used enzymes to flush and have never had any reason to, the plant will burn up all nutrients just fine on its own.

browntrout

Veteran
I have never used enzymes to flush and have never had any reason to, the plant will burn up all nutrients just fine on its own.

I agree for the most part, however enzymes/bacteria/fungus accelerate the shit out of it. They seemingly make nutrients out of nothing at times.

Drewsif

I agree for the most part, however enzymes/bacteria/fungus accelerate the shit out of it. They seemingly make nutrients out of nothing at times.

They used to think lactic acid created in sore muscles was a toxin, now they understand it as a back up fuel source for mitochondria. Maybe some day science will catch up to the backwoods farmers. Nutrients, who need em?