What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ultimate tricantanol, brassilonide, bap-6 thread

milehigh, i experimented with barley wine extract for ponds before, but using it in my rez. and also barley straw bags floating in the rez. Barley was said to add the enzymes to help clear the water. only neg effect was the straw bag started rotting a few weeks in an turned sour.

was trying to get away from these expensive zyme products from the grow shop. and i have. been using the jungle pond zyme for over a year now from lowes or deopt. roots r healthy an one 15 dollar container treats 50,000 gallons.

i have used tricantanol powder as well with rubbing alcohol an polysorbate 20 mixture. i seen some extra stretching when used early flower, like during day 1-12 of 12/12. day 15 -20 seemed optimal an things seemed to go into overdrive a day or 2 after foliar spraying. Need to do a side by side. i continue to use arround day 20 an maybe 10 days later again.

b-safe

I have read alot about people using the pondzyme type stuff, and works killer. like a hygrozyme replacement when i used to read on that stuff.

also using the tricantanol early i noticed a more explosive stretch phase and they did seem to want to stretch a bit. although coupled with quite a bit of supercropping and the fact i give the ladies veg feed high in nitrogen the first 2 weeks of bloom, so it made them really just fill in too be monster plants. ( really like a small tree)

So personally i would use the Tricantanol from the beginning, but thats just personal preference because these ladies became so large. Many have much more experience with these products than i do though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Also, for anyone else wanting to mess around with DIY stuff....

Try sprouting 2 tablespoons of any organic seeds you have.... barley is cheap and has loads of enzymes but most any seed will work. Sprout them in a jar by keeping them soaked with water for 6-24 hours and then discard that soak water. Rinse the seeds and then let them stay in the jar with just a little tiny bit of water in them to help sprouting. Once sprouted rinse and then fill the jar with water and leave uncapped somewhere for about 3 days.

Strain and use this at 1 cup per gallon...... all I can say is watch out! You will notice an immediate reaction within a few hours or less. Leaves just reaching up and praying.... or throwing gang signs, you know just looking good.

Anyways the sprout soaked water contains high amounts of Plant Growth Hormones and Enzymes that would normally be used to Jump start the seedling..... now stolen from them Highlander style, you will used the combined energy to make killer Enzyme tea for pennies.

I'm pretty stoned, hope that made sense.... this is all information stolen in the organic forum from ClackamasCootz

I do love me a good tea. I actually have all the pumps, heaters, airstones for them and have brewed a few in my outdoor endeavors. thank you for the tip of the seed sprouts though, i am digging that. usually i just do the bat poo, molasses, sea kelp, and maybe a dash of some bacteria powder, but the seed sprouts is a new deal too me.

I also used to use hygrozyme for the dead root breakdown, but have not used it in a long time, and have yet to notice a difference, you are growing hydro though it sounds like, and maybe a zyme is needed, i have yet too dabble in that either. coco auto feed is going to be more my final destination.

i tried brewing some of those fungal teas also, i ended up with what seemed like huge things of snot in the bottom of my tea. figured it was good and watered that shit in back in the day. would love some knowledge on those because i am an avid myco user, and would love to enhance that.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Good Stuff!

Here is my style for a few reasons:

1. Compost tea stand alone - 4 gallons water, 1.5 cups EWC, 1/3 Cup Molasses in my vortex brewer for 24-36 hours depending on temeratures and what I'm doing that day. That's it I keep the tea simple and with nothing added to slow down the bacterial growth.

2. Kelp Tea - 2 Ounces of Kelp Meal in 4-5 Gallons of water and that's it. Ran in my brewer for about 24 -36 hours but never longer than 48.

3. Alfalfa Tea - Still experimenting but Usually I do this in addition to the kelp at about 1/2 cup per 5 galllons.

4. Barley Sprout Tea - 1 Cup of the finished tea per gallon and everything is rocking.

Here are ClackamasCootz Exact words on the sprout tea.

Sprouted Seed Teas

This recipe will make enough concentrate for 7 gallons of tea for your soil......

1/4 cup of seeds - barley, wheat, oats, whole brown rice, i.e. grass seeds

Add this to a 1/2 gallon Mason jar and cover with water. Let that sit for 18 - 24 hours and pour off the water. You do not want to apply this first water to your soil at all. Outside is fine - just dilute it with a gallon of water or whatever.

In a day or so most of the seeds will have sprouted. Continue to rinse to keep the sprouts wet but you don't want them sitting in water. This water you can and should be used on your plants. Dilute with a gallon of water and distribute that around your garden plants.

When the tap root is 1.5 - 2" or so, fill the Mason jar with water and let that sit for a couple of days. Strain & drain and dilute this concentrate with water 15:1 and this is the dilution you would use for the soil.

What you are achieving are high levels of enzymes: amylase, arylsulphatase, β-glucosidase, cellulase, chitinase, dehydrogenase, phosphatase, protease, and urease.

This are a couple of other steps you can take to increase the enzyme levels but this simple recipe will get you up and running.

Usual deal: de-chlorinated water, organic non-GMO seeds, etc.

CC

The Alfalfa tea I would use through week 4 of flower at the most.

the kelp meal and the barley sprout tea sound like they will be beneficial. my main reason for foliar spraying with the kelp in veg is too keep my plants tight. even the sativas will be much more manageable if sprayed every week too 2 weeks. i really like it alot, so i would assume that a kelp tea would just enhance that.

with the barley, i do not use any enzymes currently, but am planning a switch over too Auto feeding around 20 plants or so in 3 gallons as my first try. so i am rethinking a formula that could sit in a rez for a day or so. as i would much rather make small batches of nutrients to ensure quality. i have found a rather ingenious pvc and hose set-up that looks like it will work lovely once i buy my pump and filter. an enzyme might help with the clearness of the mixture.

i just dont want anything to muck up in my system. i am molasses and budswel user, so i am curious how that will do sitting. i am told if i autofeed i would not want to be bubbling the mixture in the rez.

correct me if i am wrong, but i think thats all good info. :blowbubbles:

also gmanwho, if i dont use the barley, i will check out that pondzyme stuff when i switch over if that will help me achieve a cleaner, clearer solution.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Here is a post by Cootz: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?postid=5202152

MC

The pond cleaning products like Pond Zyme, Microbe-Lift, et al. all contain various lactobacillus cultures and the enzymes are coming from Barley in some form which is usually the non-diastatic malts sold at brew stores.

To take this a step further, bales of Barley straw are placed in farm ponds to clear up the water and it's the enzymes in Barley that accomplishes this. This has been a practice dating back to the 19th Century and the bottled products are using this science in their products.

Lactobacillus cultures are also used in septic tank products. If you went to a Home Depot, Walmart or even a store that specializes in ponds for homes (koi for example) and you looked at each and every pond clearing product or septic tank product you'll find lactobacillus bacteria and some form of Barley extract.

HTH

CC

wk 5

2 northern blue
1 blue widow
2 alpha dawg

Attachments

• 20130504_204449.jpg
    20130504_204449.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 20130504_214042.jpg
    20130504_214042.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20130504_204230.jpg
    20130504_204230.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 20130504_204612.jpg
    20130504_204612.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 34
  • 20130504_204547.jpg
    20130504_204547.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 23
headband pics

and room pics.

Attachments

• 20130504_205515.jpg
    20130504_205515.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 20130504_205525.jpg
    20130504_205525.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 20130504_204948.jpg
    20130504_204948.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 20130504_213447.jpg
    20130504_213447.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 28
  • 20130504_204351.jpg
    20130504_204351.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 26

Dkgrower

Veteran
Thanks for the update stealthy - they are progressing fine.

Damm when i posted some on my green beer - or sprouted tee no 1 payed any attention

Good to see pepol are trying it out

i really like the idea of the enzyme. i never use it in my normal grow, jus t drain to waste coco here, but its a good find.

ive had these pics for a few days, here is week 6 here.

all is well and going very nicely. they are still getting there tricantanol watered in, they are going very fast now, but still have around 2 months to go on this run. a little less i think

here is the northern blues, and the blue widow is the last 2

Attachments

• 20130510_202844.jpg
    20130510_202844.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 20130510_202304.jpg
    20130510_202304.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20130510_202645.jpg
    20130510_202645.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 20130510_202250.jpg
    20130510_202250.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 20130510_202230.jpg
    20130510_202230.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 27
3 shots of the alpha dawg and 2 of the headband. all these ladies look to be doing damn near as well as the plants that i had under two 1000 watts, with just the one now. yeild wise it looks pretty close, i am quite surprised and i doubt i will ever go without these again. .

Attachments

• 20130510_202346.jpg
    20130510_202346.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 20130510_202436.jpg
    20130510_202436.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 20130510_202706.jpg
    20130510_202706.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 20130510_202554.jpg
    20130510_202554.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 20130510_202719.jpg
    20130510_202719.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 27

bear80

Nice info stealthy21, been interested in Triacontanol for a while but couldn't find any real tests or trials done with MJ, props to you. I have 10 grams of it, but have been hesitant to use it. After seeing your trials, I'm a bit more inclined to give it a go.

I do have a question on the stretch, do you think there was more vertical stretch this time compared to when you didn't use the triacontanol, I know you said that there was more horizontal stretch, just wondered on the vertical. I'm really hoping that it does help reduce vertical stretch as I have a few Gage Green strains that I really like, but the vertical stretch is pretty insane.

Keep up the good work.

@bear80 i noticed some vertical, but really any ones that really shot up i just bent them back down. maybe this helped also to encourage horizontal growth.

I feel like it has sped things up quite a bit, and i can tell you that any stretch that was seen was worth the compensated side growth. I also think that my headband did not stretch nearly to its full potential, rather it is a huge bush with lots of tops. everything is about double in tops.

also to be honest my last grow i ran 2x1000 watt lights, and not too sound like these hormones are some magic elixir, but it looks to me with the current bud development, that i will rival the yeild that i pulled last time out of that room. given that i was also not running my highest yeilders, but 9 different strains all at once last time, i think that this is a very possible outcome.

i would just say after the 4 weeks flower, try and hit them with the tricantanol every 4 days or so with the feed. it is showing me wonderful results.

also yesterday was another dry koolboom shot, at 3/tsp per 5 gallon. they have showed nothing but taking all nutrients in, and dont look to be stopping. there is another 2 months of budding give or take a week also. so who knows what we are about to see.

here is a full pic of that headband. a pretty sativa dom plant.

which GGG strains are those, maybe i can help with some info on them?

Attachments

• 20130504_211204.jpg
    20130504_211204.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 25
that or just use a sea kelp spray, either will work just find. also i find to help combat stretch i do not feed with bloom foods until budding has set in.

i am wary still of using the BAP-6 so dont mind me. many have more experience with this hormone.

bear80

@bear80 i noticed some vertical, but really any ones that really shot up i just bent them back down. maybe this helped also to encourage horizontal growth.

I feel like it has sped things up quite a bit, and i can tell you that any stretch that was seen was worth the compensated side growth. I also think that my headband did not stretch nearly to its full potential, rather it is a huge bush with lots of tops. everything is about double in tops.

also to be honest my last grow i ran 2x1000 watt lights, and not too sound like these hormones are some magic elixir, but it looks to me with the current bud development, that i will rival the yeild that i pulled last time out of that room. given that i was also not running my highest yeilders, but 9 different strains all at once last time, i think that this is a very possible outcome.

i would just say after the 4 weeks flower, try and hit them with the tricantanol every 4 days or so with the feed. it is showing me wonderful results.

also yesterday was another dry koolboom shot, at 3/tsp per 5 gallon. they have showed nothing but taking all nutrients in, and dont look to be stopping. there is another 2 months of budding give or take a week also. so who knows what we are about to see.

here is a full pic of that headband. a pretty sativa dom plant.

which GGG strains are those, maybe i can help with some info on them?

that or just use a sea kelp spray, either will work just find. also i find to help combat stretch i do not feed with bloom foods until budding has set in.

i am wary still of using the BAP-6 so dont mind me. many have more experience with this hormone.

Thanks for the reply bro, I actually use sea kelp in my normal feeds currently at 1 gram per gallon, I may have to make up a foliar spray up, any recommended amount per litre and when would you spray, a week before the flip, or all through out veg and the first two weeks of Flower

So I saw you reply in the GGG testers wanted thread, so your handle over at GGG Forum is Mello1 correct? I am a test grower for GGG, my handle over there is actually whiteak80, it's bear80 here as it is a handle I made years ago, as you can see I'm not on this forum much anymore. Ironically, the reason I came back was after you "Mello1" posted up about the links to the Tricantanol in the PGR thread over at GGG, it got my interest going again as I have some I have never used, and after looking for any MJ grows with Tricantanol it led me to ICMAG and your thread.

The main GGG strain that I have problems with stretch is the Bright Puff, I'm only on my second run with it, but the stretch is insane. I have another set of clones in veg at the moment that I'm topping real aggressive to see if I can knock the stretch down a bit.
With the first set of clones that are in flower now, I thought I topped them pretty aggressive but the stretch is still pretty insane, so I'll see what happens with this next lot with the Kelp Spray.

Good luck with your application on testing for GGG, you'd make a good asset to the team.

catalyte

Veteran
Green Planet has a Product called Finisher and Massive which both employ Triacontanol in their formulations... (i don't work for them) These products happen to be the ONLY Triacontanol containing formulas that i could even access....very inexpensive too....