What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Potent, Mold resistant strain for Northern growers?

Rbh420

got some report about bad mold resistance for the bluewidow.
and i agree with other members about HFH and smoke a lot

crfhonda

I know KC brains are pretty well suited for the northern climates. I have done Brains Escape and Crystal Limit by them and was very happy.

rizzed

I did not have much issue with my (dinafem) blue widow around 45N but the buds were very dense so I would keep a watchful eye near end of flowering if you decide to go with that one

Agaricus

My outdoor BW was good smoke though I had to harvest early because of mold. Some were in a fairly damp area but the one out in the sun did it too, just a week or so later.

The indoor ladies made us very happy. Not the strongest, but nice stupid buzz.

ion

Female Purple Maroc is a possibility. it's fairly resistant, but the bud structure and overall plant structure all lotsa air thru. and the bud is a serious dark horse, could be top shelf material(in seed form varieties).

Ive ran great stuff from KC; leda uno, swiss xt.........this year i ran three plants of brains choice, feminized. 2 beans up in may/june, had a great veg preiod until aug/sept when everyone else was flowering..........both plants were huge. beautiful........but when i chopped them down in early sept one had a couple of female pistils starting to show, the other had pollen sacs and a few pistils........at the same time i was taking early samples from the purple maroc.

SO......it looks like those two had the jamaican lambs bread as the dominant parent. 1 plant in popped in july, grounded it in late july, early aug. got about 2oz from it, the structure was lambs bread; wispy long buds, lotsa resin. but it smokes like an indica, prety nice, not great.

never understood the questionable rep KC got until now, which is kinda cool because you can find truly unique, powerful stuff in their seeds, ya just gotta select wisely

crfhonda

I really love Easy Sativa by female seeds. I wish Mandala #1 was in stock at the seedbanks. Has anyone had any experience outdoors with Mandala #1? I would love to see photos.

G

Gunnlæif

I really love Easy Sativa by female seeds. I wish Mandala #1 was in stock at the seedbanks. Has anyone had any experience outdoors with Mandala #1? I would love to see photos.

I wouldn't consider it a "potent" mold resistant strain. I grew it a few times and it doesn't do well when the weather turns to crap at the end of the season like it has rescently.
This year i'm going to run a cross i made last year with two very good outdoor strains that iv'e had good results with.
It is maple leaf indica x mango haze, i'm gonna call it NL#308 if it's any good.

thaicat

anyone have any more Blue Widow info?

I've not run Blue Widow before but have run G-13 ''Blue Venom'' which is also Blueberry crossed with White Widow. The year these were run was exceptionally wet. Toward about Oct. 1st, it rained almost daily and quite heavy. I got a bit of mold but under those circumstances, most Indicas or hybrids would mold. Yield was heavy, smell/taste/bag appeal was there and potency was good, IMO. about a 7 of 10. The one pic was after a violent rain/wind storm. It got blown around a little.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

crfhonda

I happy this thread is still alive. Thanks for the pics! If anyone else has any information about any strains that will work well for us northern growers, please chime in.

crfhonda

Thats what I was waiting to hear. My last few weeks of september are always rainy. When did this finish for you?

crfhonda

An autoflowering Ak-47 is never wrong.. Good potency, decent yield and most of all a very pleasant smoke :)

Worst of all absolutely terrible mold resistance. I stay away from autos, not because of potency. I just haven't found one that will not mold really badly in my humid summer conditions.

Latest posts

Latest posts