What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

catalyst altered water. What is it?

Tilt

found this in urban garden magazine

Catalyst Altered Water [CAW]

You may have heard of “Lourdes healing waters”, “living water”, or some other dubious “magical water” claim, which you probably ignored—understandably. Catalyst Altered Water is probably perceived in the same light by a lot of people, yet in truth it is a unique, and possibly beneficial, adjuvant (helper) in both foliage feeding and nutrient irrigation. Catalyst Altered Water could be a catchall for any water that has been catalyzed, but in most instances (as in this article) it refers more specifically to a solution invented by the Professor Emeritus of Chemistry at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, Dr. John Willard.
The story of Dr. Willard and how he came to invent the CAW is pretty interesting, but let’s just focus on what it is and does. The active ingredient in CAW is a tiny micelle, which is a silicate colloidal particle illustrated somewhat like a pompom. Surfactants can form micelles in high concentrations and pressures, but most micelles in chemistry are notably toxic. Dr. Willard created a micelle that would cleave the bonds of carbon chains (intended for train engine spark plugs) out of very common substances including road salt and castor oil. His micelle is 10 to 100 times larger than most water molecules and has a powerful negative magnetic field. The negative surface of the micelle attracts and unites water molecules, generating chains of water that permit nutrients to be carried more effectively.
Dr. Willard and his colleagues claim they have witnessed a reduction of one-half to one-third of fertilizers with the inclusion of Willard’s Water at the rate of 2 oz (60 ml) to 15 gallons (57 L) of water, and this has been supported by third-party commercial greenhouse tests in the U.S. and Canada. In fact, Dr. Willard states quite cautiously that CAW increases the uptake of fertilizer so well that using full-strength nutrients with CAW can cause plant roots to burn. CAW can be used to improve the health and germination rate of seeds, as a substrate soak for clones, and can be sprayed on the root system of rooted cuttings or seedlings during transplant. As a spray for foliage, Dr. Willard recommends reducing the pesticide or nutrient by one-half, and notes a list of additional benefits, which include nitrogen acquisition from the air, as well as delivering a host of plant-available nutrients from lignite if the CAW XXX product (containing dissolved lignite) is used.

1quixotix

I like it.
I use it, just for the fun of it. I add 1ml of the xxx dark to 1 gal of water just because it is very old school new age physics.
I don't use a standard dilution, and add it to a mish-mash of items that are based around a PBP schedule.
The majority of responses/reactions will say its a snake oil.
Perhaps but could it's description be any more grandiose than what other additives are claiming. Without the history?!
If you were to use it aggressively I would recommend using the dilution rate listed on the product, not mine or your cut and paste dilution ratio.
Have fun,

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I stumbled upon this thread looking for information about the strain Catalyst. Anybody know anything?

Anyway, I went & checked out Willards site due to what you said Karma. Thanks for posting what ya did. I'm about to toss some old beans in for a bath shortly after the new moon.

So I call these guys & ask what the difference is between the Plant Water & the other products and the gentleman on the other end said that the plant formula is a diluted version of the Dark.

Now yall know too. ;)